What is better, no guns, or more guns?

1 hour ago, TakeYouToTasker said:

Is...  Is that... Is that a screwdriver?

Possessing a screwdriver...  makes you a coward...?

1 hour ago, Chandemonium said:

If household tools are outlawed, only outlaws will have IKEA furniture.

maybe we need stronger background checks at Lowes and Home Depot

4 minutes ago, Cinga said:

Yup, best part is the magazine capacity is over 100 round(s) head nails... 

High-capacity magazine with a pistol grip?!? Hell, you could probably tape a knife to the end to create a bayonet! Pure evil. Only monsters and contractors would ever use such a vile thing.

That nail gun is so horrible that it actually offends my delicate sensibilities.

• Haha (+1) 1

10 hours ago, Koko78 said:

That has a pistol grip. In NY, that meets the definition of an assault weapon.

New York....as American as Canada. What a pathetic state. "Duty to retreat" says everything you need to know about that "state."

Laws that aren’t enforced are nothing more than words on a piece of paper. Proper enforcement of the law includes not just an arrest but also a prosecution. Remove either of those and you have a law that is essentially not enforced at all.

In New York, it looks like there are a couple of places that are refusing to enforce parts of the state’s SAFE Act, and for good reason.

Niagara County has joined Erie County in refusing to prosecute cases filed under the “seven-bullet” provision of New York’s SAFE Act.

Two federal courts have ruled the provision unconstitutional.

District Attorney Caroline A. Wojtaszek said Thursday that her office will no longer prosecute any cases filed under the so-called “seven-bullet rule,” which bars possession of any ammunition-feeding device that holds seven or more rounds.

Wojtaszek said she is following the lead of Erie County District Attorney John J. Flynn Jr., who announced in November his refusal to prosecute such cases.

Flynn planned to drop 23 cases filed under that provision, the only part of the New York Secure Ammunition and Firearms Enforcement Act of 2013 that failed to pass muster with the courts when challenged by opponents as a violation of the Second Amendment.

The seven-bullet charge is a misdemeanor with a maximum penalty of six months in jail.

In Buffalo, U.S. District Judge William M. Skretny struck down the provision in December 2013, while upholding the constitutionality of the rest of the SAFE Act.

The New York City-based U.S. Court of Appeals for the Second Circuit in October 2015 affirmed Skretny’s decision.

Unfortunately, the state police are still arresting people on that provision. District attorneys who refuse to prosecute are helpful, as it means those arrested on these charges are merely inconvenienced, but it still should never happen.

NARRATIVE ??

“WE WILL NOT COMPLY:” ‘Gun-toting hippies’ greet Boulder ‘assault weapons’ ban with mass noncompliance.

Boulder’s newly enacted “assault weapons” ban is meeting with stiff resistance from its “gun-toting hippies,” staunch liberals who also happen to be devoted firearms owners.

Only 342 “assault weapons,” or semiautomatic rifles, were certified by Boulder police before the Dec. 31 deadline, meaning there could be thousands of residents in the scenic university town of 107,000 in violation of the sweeping gun-control ordinance.

“I would say the majority of people I’ve talked to just aren’t complying because most people see this as a registry,” said Lesley Hollywood, executive director of the Colorado Second Amendment group Rally for Our Rights. “Boulder actually has a very strong firearms community.”

The ordinance, approved by the city council unanimously, banned the possession and sale of “assault weapons,” defined as semiautomatic rifles with a pistol grip, folding stock, or ability to accept a detachable magazine. Semiautomatic pistols and shotguns are also included.

Current owners were given until the end of the year to choose one of two options: Get rid of their semiautomatics by moving them out of town, disabling them, or turning them over to police — or apply for a certificate with the Boulder Police Department, a process that includes a firearm inspection, background check and $20 fee.

Judging by the numbers, however, most Boulder firearms owners have chosen to do none of the above, albeit quietly.

“The firearms community in Boulder — they may be Democrats but they love their firearms,” said Ms. Hollywood, herself a former Boulder resident.

One longtime Boulderite who has openly refused to comply is Jon Caldara, president of the free-market Independence Institute, who writes a column for the Denver Post and hosts the public-affairs show “Devil’s Advocate” on Colorado Public Television.

“The question was, do I do this publicly or do it privately, and I’ve chosen to do it publicly because somebody has to,” Mr. Caldara said. “There will be thousands of people in Boulder living in the shadows, worried about somebody turning them in.”

I thought Democrats didn’t want people “living in the shadows.”

1 hour ago, B-Man said:

I thought Democrats didn’t want people “living in the shadows.”

:huh:

When did they say that?  Of course they want people living in the shadows.  They're quieter there, and easier to control.  See: illegal immigration.

6 minutes ago, Kevbeau said:

Prefer Hitachis myself. Don’t jam often and are more forgiving on different “ammo”

I'll take the DEWALT flywheel system over the sealed air any day of the week. I googled to check, and I see the Hitachi NR1890DR is hitting a remarkable 2 nails per second... and I'm serious... 2 per second out of a sealed air is truly amazing.... 

image.png.c5e1372ba71bc787d1ba1068a0ae7db1.png

Yes I am, I can't help myself! 

On 1/2/2019 at 8:03 PM, Cinga said:

Well, they do sell guns you know....

image.thumb.png.f92458ff7743bfd11af486e25188b8a1.png 

I think its law, been for decades... That nail guns won't shoot across room.  I think the safety is, has to be pressed hard against something 

The "Lethal Weapon"  Hollywood scene is simply not believable.  Maybe at one time, years ago... It was.

On 1/3/2019 at 7:26 AM, The_Dude said:

New York....as American as Canada. What a pathetic state. "Duty to retreat" says everything you need to know about that "state."

Still is safer riding in a car in New York than Texas.  Texas, one takes a bullet.

2 hours ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

Still is safer riding in a car in New York than Texas.  Texas, one takes a bullet.

Have you ever been to Texas? See, I’m constantly annoyed when I travel to New York. Yankees are the rudest people on the face of the earth. And I can’t figure out why. They’ve no reason to be as stuck up as they are. I mean, look at NY — it’s a shithole. 

Go to Texas and you’ll find polite and caring people.