What is better, no guns, or more guns?

2 minutes ago, LeviF91 said:

And which ones won't daddy government come for in the future?

Back to old faithful...the trump card of the NRA, the slippery slope argument.

I'll counter with the notion that if we are talking hypotheticals then refusing to compromise on certain controls could lead to a full ban, whereas compromising could lead to improvements and acceptable controls.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, TakeYouToTasker said:

Gun violence is far more common in gun free zones.

Regardless, this still doesn't address the issue, which is mental health.

I will ask the same question and no one seems to have an answer that I can comprehend. 

Why an AR-15?

A good ole shotgun should suffice when it comes to home security.

Just now, KW95 said:

I will ask the same question and no one seems to have an answer that I can comprehend. 

Why an AR-15?

You’re not gonna get an answer because there is no practical use for an AR-15. That’s how it works around here. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Bob in Mich said:

Hey Levi, I thought I read at some point that you are a police officer.  A serious question if that is the case.

Don't more citizens with guns make policing more difficult?  It seems it would make those every day traffic stops more dangerous.  Do you find that most police want less/no restrictions on guns, sort of like yourself, or are more in favor of restrictions?  What are your thoughts?

Without anecdotal comments, I'll submit the results of this survey (pdf warning) conducted by PoliceOne.  Might not be the most scientific survey in the world but they got answers to a lot of questions from over 15,000 active and retired LEOs.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, KW95 said:

Why an AR-15?

Are you making this judgement based on some expertise or authority?

Or should we all just agree to think like you?

Just now, KW95 said:

Why an AR-15?

The 2nd doesn't specify which you must use or any limitations. 

That's the basics of it.

Personal beliefs are different

But, a Shogun isn't a great fun for home defense in most cases for several reasons

The ammo. A bird shot is going to scatter and may only do minimal impact of from a 20g.

A buckshot is going to be hard to hit at a reasonable distance. Shotguns are hard to draw and keep trained like a rifle which is why rifles are preferred to hunt.

A rifled round in a shotgun is only so effective if it doesn't hit the head or chest directly.

And anything not a 12g is really not all that powerful.

A 22 rifle is used to out down cattle. But it's expertly placed and drawn upon an imobile animal.

To reload a shotgun is also quite difficult. And even the best of shots will miss from time to time. And if I was in my home defending it I'd unload my magazine (or clip as you idiots call it).  But, still, I don't own a gun nor do I care too.

2 minutes ago, Buddy Hix said:

I'll counter with the notion that if we are talking hypotheticals then refusing to compromise on certain controls could lead to a full ban, whereas compromising could lead to improvements and acceptable controls.

You aren't asking for a compromise.  You're asking for gun owners for abrogate their rights with nothing being given up by the other side.  This is the very definition of a slippery slopeIt's the reason Second Amendment groups make the slippery slope argument.  You're stating the end goal of gun grabbers is a ban, and then asking to take steps towards that ban, while gun owners know full well what the end goal is, and as such are not willing to negotiate the restriction of their rights with a dishonest bargaining partner.  They know any concession established "the new normal" which will then be pushed to represent the "extreme position" with new demands made, further eroding natural rights.  This is a fact, and as much as you might dislike the argument, it's a valid argument.

Further, there will never be a full ban.  Not so long as rights advocates refuse to come to the table, stating their rights are non-negotiable.  The nature of guns and a uniquely American culture placing a high priority on liberty prevents it.

4 minutes ago, KW95 said:

It’s a combination of mental health and hey look. I can get an AR-15. A weapon that is used in war situation to destroy the enemy! 

No citizen of this world should have an AR-15 in their homes. 

I am fairly certain you could not buy an AR-15.

4 minutes ago, KW95 said:

It’s a combination of mental health and hey look. I can get an AR-15. A weapon that is used in war situation to destroy the enemy! 

No citizen of this world should have an AR-15 in their homes. 

And again 

1 minute ago, Joe Miner said:

Are you making this judgement based on some expertise or authority?

Or should we all just agree to think like you?

I don’t need “ expertise authority “ to know, see and understand what normal behavior of a society is. One  that should be living together in harmony and respect of one another. 

Making AR-15 available to the everyday average joe is financially driven and then brainwashed to the weak links of this society through making you believe it has something to do with the second amendment.

Rubio received 3.2 million dollars in the last 3 years from the NRA.  No wonder he couldn’t tell his people that he would stop accepting NRA donations. Now if it was 10,000 donation, I’d bet any fool in here that yesterday he would have agreed to stop acceptIng donations.

my beloved Bills fans. At the end of the day, Money Talks and bull **** walks.

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Buddy Hix said:

And I'll counter with the notion that it's not a compromise if all you do is take and all I do is give.

1 minute ago, Justice said:

You’re not gonna get an answer because there is no practical use for an AR-15. That’s how it works around here. 

Aaaaand this is why I shouldn't waste my time like this. 

6 minutes ago, KW95 said:

Why an AR-15?

The Second Amendment isn't about home security.  It's about rights, and the natural and just authority each human has to defend them.  The Second Amendment is the defense to the others, which ultimately is why gun grabbers want the guns.  Gun grabbers would prefer to dictate to society how they will live, what they will say and not say, etc.  Gun ownership prevents them from having their way, because you can't impose restrictions on my speech if you're dead.

In these times where we see a concerted effort from the left to reduce rights to privileges in terms of speech, religious liberty, privacy, etc. the Second Amendment is as important as ever; as when the left legislates the denial of natural rights, that's when it's time to shoot them.

• Haha (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Boyst62 said:

Again what you retard?

You’re a moron. If you’ve read what I’ve been saying then you should be able to figure it out for yourself, but you can’t because you’re stupid. 

3 minutes ago, Rockpile233 said:

Both Trump and Rubio supported increasing the age requirement yesterday.

I’ll be interested to see if this gets any legs. 

But the NRA B word said that she was living by herself at 20 and needed a gun to protect herself 

so how will they increase the age if the NRA rep doesn’t agree