What is better, no guns, or more guns?

It could be argued that the intention was, and should be, the reasonable protection of a lawful minority view from the tyranny of the majority. 

an argument of a Creator is totally laughed at by 99% of the Dem and 2/3 of the GOP sides,

in your personal life it’s a different matter though.

Edited by row_33

7 hours ago, TakeYouToTasker said:

Like I said, you're the one who thinks it's appropriate to build a soap box from the corpses of babies in order to grab guns.  That's all I need to know about a person's "argument".

I said nothing of the sort. I guess you haven’t been paying attention. I even agreed with your entire post that I quoted except for the last part. You’re still avoiding the question. When is it time to talk about it? And when I say “it” I don’t mean take away your guns. I mean we need to talk about it and come up with some sort of measure that can help prevent this. 

1 hour ago, Justice said:

I said nothing of the sort. I guess you haven’t been paying attention. I even agreed with your entire post that I quoted except for the last part. You’re still avoiding the question. When is it time to talk about it? And when I say “it” I don’t mean take away your guns. I mean we need to talk about it and come up with some sort of measure that can help prevent this. 

First you have to specify exactly what you're trying to prevent, because the solutions are dramatically different.

3 hours ago, row_33 said:

It could be argued that the intention was, and should be, the reasonable protection of a lawful minority view from the tyranny of the majority. 

an argument of a Creator is totally laughed at by 99% of the Dem and 2/3 of the GOP sides,

in your personal life it’s a different matter though.

"Endowed by our creator with certain unalienable rights...."

It's right there in the documentation. I don't care what people laugh at, and I don't care what your own interpretation is. Our creator (which can mean God, random chance, evolution, whatever) is the source of our rights and no government has the ability to infringe upon them.

Period.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

7 hours ago, Azalin said:

It's not a question of what "The People" want. It's what we've been endowed with by our creator. "What people want" has nothing to do with it. We defend it because nobody has the authority to take it away. Period.

One things for certain Azalin, "We the People love Guns to Death" 

Over 38,000 people died in the year 2016 averaging over 90 deaths a day in a 5 year period across the US from guns. If you seen these kinds of numbers from a war it would make most folks start asking themselves "Is the war worth it?"

Guns are here to stay so we the people need to find ways to make life safer with them. In my humble opinion keeping guns out of places we don't want them to be is a real good start. Myself personally, the way I see it metal detection devices could be tailored to detect guns and an advancement in the technology could help keep our school grounds safe. Eventually through advances in the technology it might even make our streets safer one day.

what say thee?

thy devils advocate...

• Like (+1) 1

13 hours ago, Justice said:

Like I said before. I don’t know much about guns so let me ask you this. If you live an average size house and needed to defend yourself with an AR-15 are the odds higher that the bullets may go through the drywall and hit one or your own than it is with a handgun? 

Assuming your AR is chambered in .223/5.56, there are a couple of things to think about.  A .223 round from an AR is going to be travelling at about 3000 feet per second, while say a 9mm round from a pistol will be more on the 1000 feet per second side of things.  On the other hand, a .223 round is much lighter than the 9mm round. 

When light rounds hit something hard, like sheet rock, the bullet will start "tumbling," essentially losing its energy very quickly.  A heavier round, while slower, won't "tumble" nearly as much.  But both rounds are likely to end up penetrating a wall, assuming we're talking about full metal jacket rounds not sold for self-defense. 

Some light rounds that are designed for self-defense are designed to expand when they hit solid material, and are likely to fragment as soon as they hit anything hard.  Premium pistol ammunition, slower and heavier, is not designed this way. 

tl;dr depends a lot on the ammo.  Know your ammo and look up the testing it's gone through.  An AR can actually be less likely to cause collateral damage/innocent casualties if you buy the right ammo.

8 hours ago, thebug said:

Hide your guns! They are coming to get them! The government is coming for you all. 

This might be effective if this wasn't exactly what your ilk here in the States is asking for.

3 minutes ago, Figster said:

Over 38,000 people died in the year 2016 averaging over 90 deaths a day in a 5 year period across the US from guns. If you seen these kinds of numbers from a war it would make most folks start asking themselves "Is the war worth it?"

Oh good, we're trotting out this number again.  Next will be chainsaw bayonets.

• Thank you (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Figster said:

Guns are here to stay so we the people need to find ways to make life safer with them. In my humble opinion keeping guns out of places we don't want them to be is a real good start. Myself personally, the way I see it metal detection devices could be tailored to detect guns and an advancement in the technology could help keep our school grounds safe. Eventually through advances in the technology it might even make our streets safer one day.

what say thee?

thy devils advocate...

Metal detectors at school entrances would probably help, at least as far as making people feel that schools are safer for their children. I'm not a gun person, I'm a civil liberties person. My point is that you can not pick and choose which constitutional liberties should be upheld and which should not. They are all sacred.

• Like (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, Figster said:

what say thee?

thy devils advocate...

2/3rds of those 38,000 deaths are by suicide and should be perfectly acceptable. After all, they are just some very late term abortions.

and has discussed making it illegal for anyone under 21 to buy a semi-automatic weapon

1 minute ago, 3rdnlng said:

2/3rds of those 38,000 deaths are by suicide and should be perfectly acceptable. After all, they are just some very late term abortions.

Wow! Good morning sunshine!

45 minutes ago, Figster said:

what say thee?

thy devils advocate...

What about knives?  They've killed more.  Ban butter

And drowning?  Killed more.  Ban bathing

And cars?  Killed more. Ban roads

And fires? Killed more. Ban combustibles

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Boyst62 said:

What about knives?  They've killed more.  Ban butter

And drowning?  Killed more.  Ban bathing

And cars?  Killed more. Ban roads

And fires? Killed more. Ban combustibles

And how many people die in hospitals?? The GOP is trying to de-fund them to save lives!

1 minute ago, Tiberius said:

And how many people die in hospitals?? The GOP is trying to de-fund them to save lives!

Hospitals kill more!  Ban soap!

Doctors kill more!  Ban colleges!

Perscription drugs kill more! Ban bottles!

Paper cuts on the anus from cheap toilet paper kill more!  Ban !@#$s/Tiberius.

• Haha (+1) 1

48 minutes ago, Azalin said:

Metal detectors at school entrances would probably help, at least as far as making people feel that schools are safer for their children. I'm not a gun person, I'm a civil liberties person. My point is that you can not pick and choose which constitutional liberties should be upheld and which should not. They are all sacred.

This.....

We simply need to harden school entrances period. Key cards for faculty, ID cards for students. NO ONE allowed in during school hours except though a secured office entrance.

We do this for literally every state and federal building, isn't it about time we do it for schools? Hell, let's take the guards and metal detectors out of those other building and put them in the schools! Maybe them politicians will take this seriously.

Banning guns, or certain guns isn't the answer.... there will still be guns available to criminals and the schools would still be wide open "gun free zones". Harden the schools is THE answer no one is talking about

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Azalin said:

"Endowed by our creator with certain unalienable rights...."

It's right there in the documentation. I don't care what people laugh at, and I don't care what your own interpretation is. Our creator (which can mean God, random chance, evolution, whatever) is the source of our rights and no government has the ability to infringe upon them.

Period.

you are going to quote God in the courtroom or classroom or Congress?

I'd admire that boss move....  :D