What is better, no guns, or more guns?

The Second Amendment has existed since 1791.

The problem is not guns.

The problem is societal decay.

Also, for the very popular question today............Why didn't Obama and the dems pass their type of "gun control" when they had all of Congress ?

The answer is simple..........................they didn't want a one-term presidency.

Think about that when you hear their moralistic speeches this week...................."we HAVE to do something"

3 minutes ago, B-Man said:

The Second Amendment has existed since 1791.

The problem is not guns.

The problem is societal decay.

Also, for the very popular question today............Why didn't Obama and the dems pass their type of "gun control" when they had all of Congress ?

The answer is simple..........................they didn't want a one-term presidency.

Think about that when you hear their moralistic speeches this week...................."we HAVE to do something"

So the bumper sticker should read "guns don't kill people, Americans do."  

20 hours ago, row_33 said:

I hear rational arguments that teachers should be armed in schools to prevent more damage from postal-goers.

but that would never fly and seems ghastly to me.

That is NOT a rational idea. 

Teachers are trained to teach. You cannot learn how to fight a gun fight with a PowerPoint class, and it takes continuous training. 

I personally have spent HOURS pointing my M4 and targets practicing target acquisition and magazine swaps. Why? Cause that’s what ya have to do for CQC. 

Then what hat kind of guns are we giving the teachers? What kind of rounds are we issuing? 

That is such a bad idea. 

When I finished college in Georgia there was a “campus carry” bill goin around. Now, I may or may not have always had a gun in my bag while on campus before this legislation....but I was against the legislation. Why? Untrained people with guns are stupid. On top of that you’ve just given law enforcement another obstacle. They’ll arrive on scene and then they see a civilian with a gun and they shoot the person even though the person was a “good guy with a gun.” Civilians don’t understand how easy it is to shoot friendly forces. It happens. Happens all the time because these situations are always chaotic. 

Teachers and guns is a bad idea.

Edited by The_Dude
  • Like (+1) 3

18 minutes ago, The_Dude said:

That is NOT a rational idea. 

Teachers are trained to teach. You cannot learn how to fight a gun fight with a PowerPoint class, and it takes continuous training. 

I personally have spent HOURS pointing my M4 and targets practicing target acquisition and magazine swaps. Why? Cause that’s what ya have to do for CQC. 

Then what hat kind of guns are we giving the teachers? What kind of rounds are we issuing? 

That is such a bad idea. 

When I finished college in Georgia there was a “campus carry” bill goin around. Now, I may or may not have always had a gun in my bag while on campus before this legislation....but I was against the legislation. Why? Untrained people with guns are stupid. On top of that you’ve just given law enforcement another obstacle. They’ll arrive on scene and then they see a civilian with a gun and they shoot the person even though the person was a “good guy with a gun.” Civilians don’t understand how easy it is to shoot friendly forces. It happens. Happens all the time because these situations are always chaotic. 

Teachers and guns is a bad idea.

I don't think anybody is really proposing compulsory carry for teachers. Simply allowing them the option may help. Odds are good that you will find a small number of qualified individuals who are willing to carry. I went to a pretty small high school (avg graduating class around 90) and two teachers were combat veterans, and my guidance counselor was a former sheriff's deputy. These attackers know that schools today are soft targets. Putting a little doubt in their mind about that could move the needle a bit.

43 minutes ago, The_Dude said:

Dude, your from Georgia I assume, or at least spent time there, so you must also be aware of Kennesaw law that requires all citizens to own firearms. The law is not enforced, but once they passed it the crime rate dropped tremendously. You see, even though it wasn't enforced, a criminal has to wonder.... "Is this one following the law?"

Many teachers are already qualified and I suspect more would become. But as long as the school does not publish a list of those that can, and simply post a sign that says, "school personnel may be armed" I suspect it would have a huge affect

Edited by Cinga

47 minutes ago, Cinga said:

Dude, your from Georgia I assume, or at least spent time there, so you must also be aware of Kennesaw law that requires all citizens to own firearms. The law is not enforced, but once they passed it the crime rate dropped tremendously. You see, even though it wasn't enforced, a criminal has to wonder.... "Is this one following the law?"

Many teachers are already qualified and I suspect more would become. But as long as the school does not publish a list of those that can, and simply post a sign that says, "school personnel may be armed" I suspect it would have a huge affect

Do you really think an idiot like Nickolas Cruz was concerned whether a teacher had a handgun.  Dude walked with with an AK47.... Jesus.

5 minutes ago, KW95 said:

Do you really think an idiot like Nickolas Cruz was concerned whether a teacher had a handgun.  Dude walked with with an AK47.... Jesus.

You shouldn't be ashamed to come out and say you know nothing about firearms. Everybody has knowledge gaps of some sort.

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Cinga said:

Bro...Kennesaw is also very upscale.