What is better, no guns, or more guns?

3 minutes ago, Justice said:

Care to elaborate? 

I think there most certainly is an issue with Islam being used as a tool by radicals, at least during this segment of history. Further, like Catholicism in the Dark Ages it is being heavily used as a way to govern without borders. And, to spread middle-eastern influence into American politics. It is a religion that has co-opted kids to commit brutal crimes throughout the world, for decades now. Therefore, it does deserve some sort of oversight. I know it is not politically correct to say, but it is something we can all acknowledge is supported by fact. 

Still, that does not mean other religions do not suffer from those who would wish to pervert the world. The sick family who chained their kids up in California, the ones who use religion as a way to justify child rape, the cults that recruit people in and effectually keep them slaves (as alleged against scientology and even in your run-of-the-mill cult), the list could go on forever. 

That said, having the parents just take their kid to a non-radical, normal church just to socialize in a positive way would benefit them all. 

For that matter, I would also suggest sports being available to ALL students. Like the little league baseball we all played before some kids started getting cut in Junior High. Yeah, some kids suck, but keeping them from extracurricular activities is a diservice to society.

5 minutes ago, Justice said:

Gifs are nice, but how about a verbal response? 

It's a ridiculous and flawed premise. 

North Korea is a concept, an inanimate object incapable of doing anything with nuclear weapons. 

North Korea is run by people. More to the point, it's run by a person known to be a murderer

If you frame the premise correctly, you see it's inherent ridiculousness: 

"Kim Jong Un should have nukes because nukes don't kill people. People kill people."

• Like (+1) 1

37 minutes ago, Justice said:

North Korea should have nukes because nukes don’t kill people. People kill people. 

That person is taking a slogan based on private, individual gun ownership and constitutional rights and applying it to something entirely different: thermonuclear warfare. In my opinion it's worth nothing more than a place on a cheesy bumper sticker.

1 minute ago, Deranged Rhino said:

It's a ridiculous and flawed premise. 

North Korea is a concept, an inanimate object incapable of doing anything with nuclear weapons. 

North Korea is run by people. More to the point, it's run by a person known to be a murderer

If you frame the premise correctly, you see it's inherent ridiculousness: 

"Kim Jong Un should have nukes because nukes don't kill people. People kill people."

Same can be said about guns. They’re owned by people. Some of those people use them to kill. 

Now please. Don’t take this the wrong way. I support the 2nd Amendment even though I hate guns. I own a grocery store in the “hood” and have been held up once in 25 years. We didn’t have a gun that day and as it turns out it’s probably better we didn’t. We got lucky. Nobody got hurt. I do believe that having one and trying to use it probably would’ve been worse, but I understand why some would want one. 

Having said that I think Palestine is a perfect example of gun control going right. It’s rare that an Israeli gets shot and if guns were readily available it most certainly would happen on the regular. Occasionally Palestinians break into settlements and kill people with a knife and you can’t stop that, but it would definitely be far worse if they had guns. 

4 minutes ago, Azalin said:

That person is taking a slogan based on private, individual gun ownership and constitutional rights and applying it to something entirely different: thermonuclear warfare. In my opinion it's worth nothing more than a place on a cheesy bumper sticker.

I like this response best so far and that’s exactly how I feel. I didn’t post that statement because I support it. I don’t. I honestly couldn’t rebut it when I seen it. 

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, KW95 said:

Sitting at home, watching TV or Sleeping and someone  invaded your house.

Waiting at the bus station and a motorbike pulls over and puts a gun to your head and asks for your wallet and cellphone or purse.

How about: in a club, and someone pulls a gun on me just because they thought it made them look tough and cool?

22 minutes ago, DC Tom said:

How about: in a club, and someone pulls a gun on me just because they thought it made them look tough and cool?

What if you're in the atrium with Colonel Mustard and he happens to have a lead pipe?

• Haha (+1) 2

32 minutes ago, DC Tom said:

1 minute ago, thebug said:

As if you go outside! ?

I don't think Tom has seen the Sun since the days of Windows For Workgroups 3.1.1

• Haha (+1) 2

18 hours ago, KW95 said:

How many of you clowns been broken into or attacked by a gun wielding thug?

Answer honestly and then tell me how you having a gun in your house is called protecting yourself....FROM WHAT?

I was away from home one summer and my roommate had to use a gun to repel a hammer wielding burglar. Granted, he wasn't carrying a gun, but I don't think any of us is getting in line to go toe to toe unarmed against someone with armed with hammer.

The Left Is Reaping the Whirlwind of the Culture They Made
by Andrew Klavan

Original Article

It was after a school shooting near Spokane last September that Spokane Sheriff Ozzie Knezovich addressed a clutch of reporters: When I was in high school, every one of those rigs in the high school parking lot had a gun in the gun rack. Why? We went hunting on the way home. None of those guns ever walked into a school, none of those guns ever shot anybody... Did the gun change or did you as a society change?

40 minutes ago, B-Man said:
The Left Is Reaping the Whirlwind of the Culture They Made
by Andrew Klavan

Original Article

It was after a school shooting near Spokane last September that Spokane Sheriff Ozzie Knezovich addressed a clutch of reporters: When I was in high school, every one of those rigs in the high school parking lot had a gun in the gun rack. Why? We went hunting on the way home. None of those guns ever walked into a school, none of those guns ever shot anybody... Did the gun change or did you as a society change?

Could it be both? How many of those guns in the guns racks back then were the type of weapon used in the Vegas shooting?  

33 minutes ago, thebug said:

Could it be both? How many of those guns in the guns racks back then were the type of weapon used in the Vegas shooting?  

What difference does it make? Were any of those guns in the gun racks used to kill anyone at a school? This is what I was trying to get through to you earlier. Use your !@#$ing head before you post. Don't just argue the liberal line for the sake of arguing it.

• Sad 1

39 minutes ago, thebug said:

Magazine-fed semi-automatic rifles?  Probably quite a few.

Scary-looking matte black rifles?  Not many.

3 minutes ago, 3rdnlng said:

What difference does it make? Were any of those guns in the gun racks used to kill anyone at a school? This is what I was trying to get through to you earlier. Use your !@#$ing head before you post. Don't just argue the liberal line for the sake of arguing it.

Nice response 3inschlong

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1