What is better, no guns, or more guns?

3 hours ago, Tiberius said:

The shooter was a white supremacist?? And wore a Make America Great Again hat? 

https://www.thedailybeast.com/nikolas-cruz-trained-with-florida-white-supremacist-group-leader-says?ref=home

Or not

http://www.tallahassee.com/story/news/2018/02/15/florida-school-shooting-suspect-nikolas-cruz-member-white-nationalist-militia-tallahassee-leader-say/341751002/

But don't let trifling details like that interrupt The Narrative

• Like (+1) 1

Narrative; it’s always about pushing a specific and targeted narrative. Doesn’t matter if facts change later; few will read the “apologies”/corrections

The story has been told and embraced. This will enter the lore of the left, and they will always believe it.

Did the media's inherent biases lead them to jump the gun saying #Cruz trained with a white nationalist group?

Did just hear what they wanted and publish the propaganda of the racist scumbag militia leader as news? ..........

Adl looks like they got played by 4 Chan trolls.

The police say they have found no connection Why didn't the many media outlets who ran this story bother to check with them? Because it was just too juicy?

DWHIQrKWAAEtWNm.jpg

Well eventually see if the "reporter was fooled or not, but it is still a great example of the left's continuing desperation.

Edited by B-Man

9 minutes ago, B-Man said:

Narrative; it’s always about pushing a specific and targeted narrative. Doesn’t matter if facts change later; few will read the “apologies”/corrections

The story has been told and embraced. This will enter the lore of the left, and they will always believe it.

Did the media's inherent biases lead them to jump the gun saying #Cruz trained with a white nationalist group?

Did just hear what they wanted and publish the propaganda of the racist scumbag militia leader as news? ..........

Adl looks like they got played by 4 Chan trolls.

The police say they have found no connection Why didn't the many media outlets who ran this story bother to check with them? Because it was just too juicy?

DWHIQrKWAAEtWNm.jpg

Well eventually see if the "reporter was fooled or not, but it is still a great example of the left's continuing desperation.

Police are wrong, of course.  The story is established, and anything else is fake news.  And that's a nice standing desk.

53 minutes ago, B-Man said:

"What the hell, we're letting dudes with the name 'Cruz' in now??" ------------------- Other members of this white nationalist organization.

You have to love how desperate libs are since 2016.

Just the white hispanics.

Accused Florida school shooter confesses; he headed to Subway, then McDonald's after massacre

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/local/broward/parkland/florida-school-shooting/fl-florida-school-shooting-main-20180215-story.html

FTA:

Detectives are investigating a possible connect between Cruz and a small, Florida-based white supremacist group called the Republic of Florida, which seeks to create a “white ethnostate” in Florida. But the Anti-Defamation League, an organization that monitors hate groups, has backed away from its initial report that Cruz had been involved with that group.

The league put out a statement saying that a representative of the group, who had earlier claimed Cruz was involved, now says he had been “misunderstood.”

Detectives are investigating Cruz’s possible white supremacist connections, Broward Sheriff Scott Israel said at a news conference late Thursday afternoon.

“It’s not confirmed at this time,” he said. 

Perhaps it would be best if the "journalists" and the lemmings to wait until things are confirmed...............................

ADDED

A law enforcement official says he knows of “no known ties” between the suspect who confessed to a deadly mass shooting at a Florida high school and a white supremacist group.

Lt. Grady Jordan is a spokesman for the Leon County Sheriff’s Office in Tallahassee, where the white nationalist militia known as the Republic of Florida is based. Jordan said Thursday that his office has arrested militia leader Jordan Jereb at least four times since January 2014 and has been monitoring the group’s membership.

He says his office has “very solid” information on the group and “there’s no known ties that we have that we can connect” 19-year-old Nikolas Cruz with the group.

Read more at apnews.com ...

Also on a more personal note, the standard, simplistic response by our local lemmings (Gator, Baskin, Pasta and others) will be to accuse me of "defending a white supremacist", while anyone with reading skills and common sense can see that the SUBJECT of the post is the biased, desperate media/left response to this killer.

So don't bother 

Edited by B-Man

Why Americans don't do anything about mass shootings

Bill O'Reilly boiled the massacre down to six words: "This is the price of freedom."

https://www.cnn.com/2017/11/06/opinions/why-we-dont-give-a-damn-about-mass-shootings-robbins/index.html

I'm sure it will be a campaign issue in Nov.   A lot of hot button issues this time around. It will be up to the voters .

I remember when I could come here. Read this forum and have my ideals challenged. 

I don't think I have changed or become more educated/enlightened.  For the most I can no longer read this board and think critically of the information shared here.

I blame the dumbing down and pussification of this country as well as the inhabitants of this board that only exist to challenge intelligence and discussion whilst adding nothing to it.

It's pathetic.

7 minutes ago, Boyst62 said:

I remember when I could come here. Read this forum and have my ideals challenged. 

I don't think I have changed or become more educated/enlightened.  For the most I can no longer read this board and think critically of the information shared here.

I blame the dumbing down and pussification of this country as well as the inhabitants of this board that only exist to challenge intelligence and discussion whilst adding nothing to it.

It's pathetic.

We're going to miss hearing about all of your sexual exploits.

https://www.bing.com/search?q=kodachrome+song&form=PRHPR1&mkt=en-us&httpsmsn=1&refig=894cd0ad6ff54b7c9d01f2bad65e3420&sp=1&ghc=1&qs=LS&pq=kodachrome&sc=8-10&cvid=894cd0ad6ff54b7c9d01f2bad65e3420

If you took all the girls I knew
When I was single
And brought them all together for one night
I know they'd never match
My sweet imagination
Everything looks worse in black and white

3 hours ago, /dev/null said:

Gun Control is a not a winning campaign issue for Democrats and thus will be long forgotten by November

I think this is true. The Dems have so many issues to run on they would make a mistake to poke the sleeping gun bear. Win the majority on other issues and then come out with some sane gun legislation

22 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

I think this is true. The Dems have so many issues to run on they would make a mistake to poke the sleeping gun bear. Win the majority on other issues and then come out with some sane gun legislation

Tell us, what "sane" legislation will keep insane people or criminals from using a gun in a felony? Why do you dumb!@#$ liberals always think that more laws are the answer when following the present laws would be sufficient?

9 minutes ago, 3rdnlng said:

Tell us, what "sane" legislation will keep insane people or criminals from using a gun in a felony? Why do you dumb!@#$ liberals always think that more laws are the answer when following the present laws would be sufficient?

Flagging someone who has been institutionalized in a mental hospital for over a year on a background check. 

2 minutes ago, MILFHUNTER#518 said:

Flagging someone who has been institutionalized in a mental hospital for over a year on a background check. 

...you cannot possess a firearm legally if you've been involuntarily institutionalized for any amount of time. 

2 minutes ago, Boyst62 said:

You can if you apply

There are ways in some states to get your 2nd Amendment rights back if you've been involuntarily committed in the past, but as a general rule an involuntary commitment or an adjudication as mentally defective works the same as a felony: they strip you of your 2A rights.

It still comes up in your background check too.  I don't run backgrounds for FFLs but there must be an addendum or something for the ones who have gone through the process.

21 minutes ago, LeviF91 said:

...you cannot possess a firearm legally if you've been involuntarily institutionalized for any amount of time. 

This kid spent a year in a mental health treatment program. On the ATF background check form,  all he had to do was check a box saying he had not been institutionalized.  Not good enough.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5398097/Florida-school-shooter-bought-AK-47-month-ago.html

27 minutes ago, 3rdnlng said:

Does that require a new law?

Apparently it does.

• Like (+1) 1