What is better, no guns, or more guns?

4 minutes ago, Chef Jim said:

Anyone with a gock with lots of loaded clips can kill a lot of people fast. Good to see logic and well thought out responses from you still don’t exist since I’ve stopped coming here. 

I'd say that a rifle is much more powerful, dangerous and lethal than a pistol. 

As to your second point, I just think you get frustrated very easily with people that counter your usual spew of nonsense, so don't blame me for being a better thinker than you. See "Lake Ontario" thread for an example :lol:

3 minutes ago, Bob in Mich said:

I didn't put any words in your mouth.  I just claimed the words you were writing were not necessarily accurate.  I demonstrated that there is middle ground and the slippery slope argument is invalid.  As mentioned, If your political forces can currently control the legislative agenda, why couldn't those same forces stop any future movements?

Ever see this Jim Jefferies comedy bit on guns.  The guy uses humor to make some good points.   He uses some rough language so not safe for work viewing.

part 1

part 2

You've done no such thing.

The slippery slope argument is that every time gun owners are asked to make a "reasonable concession" that "reasonable concession" becomes, by default, the new residence of what you label "fringe gun nuts", then you work for a new "reasonable concession" working towards "the new middle" you've established, which creeps every closer to an all out ban.

Gun owners are now waking up to this realization and are saying "this far, no further".

• Haha (+1) 1

Just now, TakeYouToTasker said:

You've done no such thing.

The slippery slope argument is that every time gun owners are asked to make a "reasonable concession" that "reasonable concession" becomes, by default, the new residence of what you label "fringe gun nuts", then you work for a new "reasonable concession" working towards "the new middle" you've established, which creeps every closer to an all out ban.

Gun owners are now waking up to this realization and are saying "this far, no further".

We're nowhere close to an all out ban.

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, garybusey said:

All of these bills are/were common sense. 

If that's even true, they're still compromises.  And you're just proving my point when I say that leftists just want to ban all guns. 

It's ok if you want God-Emperor Trump to have control over all weapons in America.  Just say it. 

Just now, LeviF91 said:

If that's even true, they're still compromises.  And you're just proving my point when I say that leftists just want to ban all guns. 

It's ok if you want God-Emperor Trump to have control over all weapons in America.  Just say it. 

Trump is Hitler, but those living in fear of him wish to disarm themselves.

4 minutes ago, LeviF91 said:

I'm a liberal sissy who own two guns and wouldn't mind common sense gun control reform.

Edited by garybusey
  • Like (+1) 1

Just now, garybusey said:

I'm a liberal kitty who own two guns and wouldn't mind common sense gun control reform.

Except, again, it never ends.  Even if you want to call it "common sense," it won't stop at common sense.  History bears this out and Dianne Feinstein and her ilk prove me right every day.

34 minutes ago, Bob in Mich said:

I just said I am for some level of gun ownership.  So, I have invalidated your theory.  I am one that has a middle ground opinion.  There are a lot that hold this opinion.

If your political forces can keep things now from moving an inch, why, figuratively, couldn't these same forces stop the rights concessions after moving any reasonable inches that could help our citizens? 

Because anyone with an ounce of commonsense knows that once ANY concession is made, the battle for rights is lost.

Just now, LeviF91 said:

Except, again, it never ends.  Even if you want to call it "common sense," it won't stop at common sense.  History bears this out and Dianne Feinstein and her ilk prove me right every day.

History does not bear this out because guns have never ever come close to being banned.

• Like (+1) 1

43 minutes ago, Boyst62 said:

They were too busy trying to attack Trump. The nitwits of the FBI are too stupid and coward to do anything

You're beyond insulting at this point. 

How was that insulting? It wasn’t meant to be. 

23 minutes ago, TakeYouToTasker said:

Your posts are getting more ignorant.  I'm not even sure how that's possible, but here we are.

If the bolded is your understanding of how the Bill of Rights came to be, then you need to read up on your history.

As for changing the Constitution by amending the Second Amendment?  Do you know what the process for changing the Constitution is?  Now, looking at that, do you know what percentage of the nation's legislatures are held by folks whose constituents looking to ban or restrict guns and gun ownership?

Here's a hint:  given the current ideological makeup of the country, and 50 year trends, you're far more likely to see a Constitutional Amendment banning or restricting abortion (a proposition with a likelihood of zero point zero) than you are to see a repeal/change of the Second.

And even if you do successfully amend the Constitution, you still have an even more difficult problem ahead of you:  you have zero idea how many guns there, what types of gun there are, where they are, and how much ammunition there is.  None.  No idea.

Soooo... you, and you meaning the federal government, need to criminalize every single person in the country by default, and do wildly invasive, rights decimating, door to door complete searches of every single property and person in the entire country.  This is problematic even if every single person capitulates, which they absolutely won't.  You have massive segments of the population that object to census taking and won't participate in that.  Now you're talking about violating the rights of hundreds of millions of people?  Good luck with that.

Banning guns would result in more gun violence and death than you can possibly imagine.  You'd be instigating a civil war.

So I state gun ownership should be allowed and that there is middle ground and in your response you spin a tale of going house to house to collect guns and a civil war.  Smartest, eh?   lol

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Bob in Mich said:

So I state gun ownership should be allowed and that there is middle ground and in your response you spin a tale of going house to house to collect guns and a civil war.  Smartest, eh?   lol

That’s how it’s done around here. It’s enough to drive a sane man crazy. That’s why I disappear from time to time. Who can take this on a daily basis? 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Bob in Mich said:

Again, it's hard to tell if you're stupid or dishonest, though I leave open the possibility that it could be both.

You are the one who introduced repealing or changing the Second Amendment. 

Smoke some more, Bob.