What is better, no guns, or more guns?

Ted Cruz reveals how Democrats FILIBUSTERED legislation that would have forced the Air Force to update NCIC http://wp.me/pqwpd-LJy

Not only did the Air Force fail to comply with gun laws, but the Democrats actually filibustered legislation that he sponsored that would have forced them to comply with the law which might have prevented this massacre from happening.

It’s especially frustrating when, as Cruz points out, that Kelley had both a domestic violence conviction as well as a 12-month sentence that would have prevented Academy from selling him that Ruger in 2016.

No wonder the Dems are so desperate to blame the NRA.

President Trump’s nominee to lead the military health system said Tuesday he thinks it is “insane” for civilians to be able to purchase semi-automatic rifles like the one a gunman used to kill 26 people at a Texas church.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2017/11/08/trump-pentagon-pick-says-its-insane-for-civilians-to-own-semi-automatic-weapons.html

16 hours ago, DC Tom said:

He was incarcerated.

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-41907943

Should never have been released.

2 hours ago, ALF said:

President Trump’s nominee to lead the military health system said Tuesday he thinks it is “insane” for civilians to be able to purchase semi-automatic rifles like the one a gunman used to kill 26 people at a Texas church.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2017/11/08/trump-pentagon-pick-says-its-insane-for-civilians-to-own-semi-automatic-weapons.html

Well then it's settle!!! 

3 hours ago, ALF said:

Any other logical fallacies you'd like to post today?

4 hours ago, ALF said:

So we should expect his nomination or his statement to be withdrawn after Wayne LaPierre makes a call to Trump.

Trump's response to the question of extreme vetting of gun owners made no sense. There was no evidence that the shooter intended to kill "hundreds more" outside the church. If there was more scrutiny of who can purchase guns, the shooter wouldn't have been able to purchase the weapon, and if the neighbor passed the scrutiny he would still have had his gun. Just the opposite of Trump's explaination. And regardless, the shooter killed himself, not the neighbor.

Not to mention that Trump reversed an Obama order to further scrutinize potential gun buyers with mental disorders, and then claimed it was a mental health issue.

WARNING: put down your drink before reading further..................

There have been plenty of awful anti-gun takes following the horrific, deadly shooting in Sutherland Springs, Texas, but this one from USA Today … this one’s in a league of its own:

DOIvjTsWkAcAv4h.jpg

Think it’s a joke? It’s not:

A look at the gun used in the Texas church shooting. https://usat.ly/2Asxtuh

No, seriously, they actually show this “chainsaw bayonet” as a possible modification, along with a “trigger crank.” I don't know whether to laugh or cry

Edited by B-Man

14 minutes ago, B-Man said:

WARNING: put down your drink before reading further..................

There have been plenty of awful anti-gun takes following the horrific, deadly shooting in Sutherland Springs, Texas, but this one from USA Today … this one’s in a league of its own:

DOIvjTsWkAcAv4h.jpg

Think it’s a joke? It’s not:

A look at the gun used in the Texas church shooting. https://usat.ly/2Asxtuh

No, seriously, they actually show this “chainsaw bayonet” as a possible modification, along with a “trigger crank.” I don't know whether to laugh or cry

I can't be the only one who immediately thought of this after reading that:

Image result for ash evil dead chainsaw hand gif

• Haha (+1) 1

As you well imagine the internet has multiple takes on this...................and for the simple minded, you (might) know who you are, we are laughing at the media/Left's ignorance.

DOI1-MBW0AIHwMs.jpg...................................DOI3vcFUIAEHezz.jpg

DOI-eI3UIAAba_s.png........................View image on Twitter

• Haha (+1) 2

10 minutes ago, ALF said:

''' fallacies "  are you saying that article is fake news?

The previous posts think 26 dead is a big joke. Good job B-Man and Deranged Rino , you have lost my respect.

No, I'm saying your post was comprised, nearly entirely, of an appeal to authority fallacy.

1 hour ago, ALF said:

The previous posts think 26 dead good Christians is a big joke. Good job B-Man and Deranged Rino , you have lost my respect.

Well apparently you did not read my entire post above,  but jumped ahead to the pictures.

As you well imagine the internet has multiple takes on this...................and for the simple minded, you (might) know who you are, we are laughing at the media/Left's ignorance.

Now ALF, I deliberately put that disclaimer in there, because I knew poor posters such as Gator, Pasta, Baskin and the like would claim that I was making light of these deaths when it was painfully obvious that the SUBJECT of the post was the media's ignorance on guns and their asinine attempts at scaring the public.

I have always enjoyed reading your posts and I am sorry that I did not make my point clearer.

I have posted day after day about the media/Left's failings and that was my intention here.

I would point out that I was the first one to post about the shootings back on Sunday and I was clear then about how awful this was and how prayers for all was needed.

Again, I am sorry if you misunderstood.

Edited by B-Man

13 hours ago, B-Man said:

Well apparently you did not read my entire post above,  but jumped ahead to the pictures.

Now ALF, I deliberately put that disclaimer in there, because I knew poor posters such as Gator, Pasta, Baskin and the like would claim that I was making light of these deaths when it was painfully obvious that the SUBJECT of the post was the media's ignorance on guns and their asinine attempts at scaring the public.

The pictures set me off without reading , I should know better.

Massacres like that takes it toll on everyone , sorry I misunderstood.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, ALF said:

The pictures set me off without reading , I should know better.

Massacres like that takes it toll on everyone , sorry I misunderstood.

That's okay to leave off the reading, who has time for 10,000 pages of stuff about this week's massacre.

Just try to temper yourself not to attack a great poster like B-Man without judicial proof....  :D

Observe How the Media Describes Stephen Willeford’s Firearm vs. Devin Kelley

It must pain some members of the press to have to report on Stephen Willeford. Willeford, a certified NRA instructor, prevented Devin Kelley from killing more people in a Sutherland Hills, Texas church. Willeford, who lived next door, heard the gunshots and responded. Sutherland fired at Kelley who, like a coward, dropped his gun and ran.

If there’s anything the media hates, it’s a story about a good guy with a gun stopping a bad guy with a gun. Worse for them is knowing the guy is an NRA instructor. But it goes further than that. Looking through the stories about Willeford, a pattern emerges in their reporting.

Here are some examples. CNN: (articles at links)

USA Today:

Huffington Post:

NPR:

Inside Edition:

Notice what Willeford is using? A rifle. A gun. 

What they don’t tell you is Willeford used an AR-15. That’s right. One of those “military-style assault weapons” they’re always crowing about.

Do you see how it is? Nearly every story about Kelley talked about the type of gun he used and naturally, the stories were punctuated by describing the gun as “military style” and an “assault weapon.” But Willeford just used a gun. Or a rifle.

Here’s a Google search of “Devin Kelley military style” and just look at the host of stories that come up describing his rifle that way.

Should we expect anything different from the press?

HEATHER WILHELM: Gun Control and Magical Thinking.

Based on existing federal gun laws, Kelley’s record made him officially ineligible to buy firearms. But the Air Force failed to submit his records into the federal background-check database, allowing him to purchase the guns used in this weekend’s rampage.

Folks, that’s an unacceptable “oops.” It also isn’t an isolated incident of negligence. This week, questions have arisen about the military’s reporting system when it comes to domestic-violence cases. Meanwhile, in an interview after the shooting, Texas senator Ted Cruz noted that in 2010 alone, “48,000 felons and fugitives lied and illegally tried to purchase guns. [The government] prosecuted only 44 of them.”

Washington must learn to enforce the gun laws they already have before we let them have any new ones.