Article about a real NFL pawn shop - includes Super Bowl trophy

A Lombardi??? That's insane! It has to be the sales copy or a slightly defective one or something. I wouldn't think any one person, even the owner would have the authority to sell the SB trophy.

Which brings up a question I have: there doesn't seem to be a great deal of wording on the trophies. Are they indistinguishable, or do they add details after the game is over? I've never seen one up close...

Edited by TheMadCap

A Lombardi??? That's insane! It has to be the sales copy or a slightly defective one or something. I wouldn't think any one person, even the owner would have the authority to sell the SB trophy.

Which brings up a question I have: there doesn't seem to be a great deal of wording on the trophies. Are they indistinguishable, or do they add details after the game is over? I've never seen one up close...

They add the winners name after the game. I believe, someone can verify, that team players and personal can purchase, or are given copies. Here's one example....

http://goldinauctions.com/1999-st-louis-rams-super-bowl-champions-lombardi--lot105.aspx