How Often Do Players Get Paid?

You must not remember what it was like to be 21 years old. If someone handed me $12 million back then I probably would have spent it in 2 weeks and there would be a lot of young ladies in Niagara Falls that would have enough $1 bills to pay for college

Your point would be valid if everyone did that. Not even the majority does so that's what's wrong with people like you. You want to punish all the folks doing good with the money to protect the morons.

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If I am working on a project in another state for a week I don't pay state tax there. I probably work out of state maybe 5-10% of the time. Maybe I should be but I only pay LA sales tax.

It is naive to act as if the athletes are not targeted because of their earnings. They do not track everyone to work in the state but you best believe they are tracking people with annual earnings into the 8 figures. Maybe "in theory" they are the same but in actuality it is different.

Your supposed to. My employer makes sure that we do. They give it back to us however to make us "whole". However we get 30% more than we pay because that is also taxed. I live in FL where there is no tax. But still have to pay in every state I work.

Actually when the jock tax came along is when they clamped down on this.

Edited by SRQ_BillsFan

Your supposed to. My employer makes sure that we do. They give it back to us however to make us "whole". However we get 30% more than we pay because that is also taxed. I live in FL where there is no tax. But still have to pay in every state I work.

Actually when the jock tax came along is when they clamped down on this.

That's interesting and thanks for sharing!! Do you work for a large company? I was at about 150 person company and now there are about 30 of us (different company). I wonder if the size of the company is a factor?

That's interesting and thanks for sharing!! Do you work for a large company? I was at about 150 person company and now there are about 30 of us (different company). I wonder if the size of the company is a factor?

Based on what we have been told if you work even 1 day in another state you need to pay taxes and size doesn't matter, technically.

Yes, I work for a very large computer company with thousands of people crossing state and country boundaries every day. However if you work for a small company it would be much harder for anyone to notice and come after you. We are told it is an IRS policy and if we didn't comply we would quickly be audited at the corporate level.

Internally it is all triggered by our expense accounts which they use to make sure out online tax status within payroll has been set up to pay taxes. Since it needs to be in the payroll system before we get paid we can "get away" with some days, but are technically supposed to fix that by sending a correction email. For people like me that don't have a state tax it's a pain in the ass. I recently got divorced and the 30% artificially raises your yearly income which sucks for alimony and child support! I usually work 100% out of state.

Edited by SRQ_BillsFan

PS, check out the lump sum payment Sammy got for signing his rookie deal:

SIGNING BONUS

$12,818,620

I wonder what his first purchase was?

More like $6.69 million...

His first "purchase" was a huge donation to the Fed and NY governments.

This. Sad.