ESPN/Metallica SportsCenter promo

The Poojer

Not to take this completely off track but here goes. As most of you know I play drums. I follow some drum sites on Facebook and I was surprised at how much flack Lars gets for being a ****ty drummer. I always thought his stuff was pretty good and then I Youtubed some of their live stuff and I have to say. Holy crap.........he sucks. :lol:

It's amazing what they can do in the studio.

Not to take this completely off track but here goes. As most of you know I play drums. I follow some drum sites on Facebook and I was surprised at how much flack Lars gets for being a ****ty drummer. I always thought his stuff was pretty good and then I Youtubed some of their live stuff and I have to say. Holy crap.........he sucks. :lol:

It's amazing what they can do in the studio.

I'm not a drummer (nor do I play one on TV), but isn't the work on One fairly complicated, and doesnt he pretyy much stick to the studio version live?

Metallica - One (Live) [Metallica Through the Nev…:

A lot of the other live stuff I agree he just pounds away, but isn't that the nature of their concerts?

Edited by Joe_the_6_pack

I'm not a drummer (nor do I play one on TV), but isn't the work on One fairly complicated, and doesnt he pretyy much stick to the studio version live?

Metallica - One (Live) [Metallica Through the Nev…: http://youtu.be/tbFZO1V5hrE

A lot of the other live stuff I agree he just pounds away, but isn't that the nature of their concerts? Or are you saying his flaws are more fundamental in that he can't even keep time ?

There are some clunkers in there. I don't know what happened. He's just gone down hill badly. I don't know. Maybe he had a stroke or something. I'm trying to find the video I watched that I had to turn off it was so embarrassing.

There are some clunkers in there. I don't know what happened. He's just gone down hill badly. I don't know. Maybe he had a stroke or something. I'm trying to find the video I watched that I had to turn off it was so embarrassing.

I saw them live once, and it was fun, but the sound system was terrible. too loud, brittle and distorted. I thought I was in the sweet spot -- about half way back in the middle, so I assume it was pretty bad all over. Ive heard they do that on purpose ... not sure if it's to replicate live sound of their early days in small clubs, or conceal lars crappy drumming and kirk's crappy guitar playing lol .. I dont care, great band