I love Aaron Williams' mindset!

With Leo and AW coming into their own and also Robey having an impressive rookie year (Gilmore looked solid towards the end of 2013), I wonder who is responsible for the secondary's improvement? Henderson or Pettine's scheme?

I think it's Henderson, but it's tough to say with last year being both coaches first year with the Bills.

That's a great question. I think that the answer is both. Let's hope that the combination of those things was enough to put those guys over the hump. Maybe they took enough away from last year that even the new scheme will allow them to flourish.

I am a little more concerned about Leo than AW (and I am a McKelvin fan). He has always had tremendous skills and is all over guys and they still make plays. He has been really unlucky throughout his career (and he has bad ball skills). With that being said he is more likely to take a step back. AW had just been out of position. He is a complete S that can hit, turn the ball over, support the run and cover. He was a guy that many of us (certainly me) gave up on before last year. We were wrong.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I love being wrong like that!!!!

Yep . Me too.

Wiiliams has the confidence now to call the defense from back there. I may add , that i think he has the confidence of his fellow players too.

I dont want get to far off , but anyone notice Searcy last year ?

Take a look at his stats . He did it quietly.

My perception is those 3 were a damned fine combo , add in Robey too.

Gilmore was the worst of the returning players and his stats when healthy were very good . and he has not hit his stride by any means i suspect

So now we have Corey Graham , up and comer Duke Williams J Meeks and more.

This is playing out very well .

I too can see Aaron making all pro with this cast of characters .

No wonder Jim Schwaatz is giddy about reinventing himself ala Buffalo Bills.

Geezus i am stoked about this defense ! And its mostly young .

AFC East champs for a decade ? Step aside Patriots .

hey bartender ! another kool aid over here !!!!

Yep . Me too.

Wiiliams has the confidence now to call the defense from back there. I may add , that i think he has the confidence of his fellow players too.

I dont want get to far off , but anyone notice Searcy last year ?

Take a look at his stats . He did it quietly.

My perception is those 3 were a damned fine combo , add in Robey too.

Gilmore was the worst of the returning players and his stats when healthy were very good . and he has not hit his stride by any means i suspect

So now we have Corey Graham , up and comer Duke Williams J Meeks and more.

This is playing out very well .

I too can see Aaron making all pro with this cast of characters .

No wonder Jim Schwaatz is giddy about reinventing himself ala Buffalo Bills.

Geezus i am stoked about this defense ! And its mostly young .

AFC East champs for a decade ? Step aside Patriots .

hey bartender ! another kool aid over here !!!!

The secondary is a unit to be excited about. I want to see how Graham fits into the scheme and how much of an opportunity Robey will get.

I really don't know how much more Searcy has to offer. Would not be surprised if he gets either cut or becomes a back-up.

The secondary is a unit to be excited about. I want to see how Graham fits into the scheme and how much of an opportunity Robey will get.

I really don't know how much more Searcy has to offer. Would not be surprised if he gets either cut or becomes a back-up.

Mark please take another look. I respect your opinion for sure , but I am a fan of Searcy and in Jims system i expect him to start but play that hybrid nickel line backer more often than not.

Now the year before i thought him less of him. I thought he was finding his way last year. 3rd year isnt it ? .

I think he has a solid spot .

Good points about the Robey vs Graham thing.

I might guess its more of matchup issue .

Again i think both these fellows are more an asset and tool to be used , than direct competition with each other. Same with Da'Norris . And then Spikes too . Very good at what they each bring.

I am on my second kool aid, Mark

Obviously .

I think the bases are well covered and Searcy is key element going forward.

Let me say this though . If they think Duke Williams is a 4 down guy i have no issue naming him starter.

Edited by 3rdand12

I disagree with Searcy... I think he's pretty much a lock for the 53

Thing is Searcy has been less then expected most of his career . And he is a Nix pick .

But the other side is maybe, he is in a contract year and will hopefull put his best effort in .

I will root for him this year. I do agree in his years previous to last under Pettine he seemed very limited and slow to the ball .

Maybe the light finally went off

jk

ps some might remember that liitle joke we had over our friends post

I think the light has come on for the guy and will work well back there with Williams

Edited by 3rdand12

Mark please take another look. I respect your opinion for sure , but I am a fan of Searcy and in Jims system i expect him to start but play that hybrid nickel line backer more often than not.

Now the year before i thought him less of him. I thought he was finding his way last year. 3rd year isnt it ? .

I think he has a solid spot .

Good points about the Robey vs Graham thing.

I might guess its more of matchup issue .

Again i think both these fellows are more an asset and tool to be used , than direct competition with each other. Same with Da'Norris . And then Spikes too . Very good at what they each bring.

I am on my second kool aid, Mark

Obviously .

I think the bases are well covered and Searcy is key element going forward.

Let me say this though . If they think Duke Williams is a 4 down guy i have no issue naming him starter.

I'm not trying to knock Searcy, I just think that he is not a starter in this league. I agree that he did make some plays last season, but I think that he is more of a liability in coverage.

I am hoping that Duke Williams can step up this season and have a real impact. I think he has good potential.

I'm willing to give Searcy a chance, and I hope he can excel as a starter, but I would not be surprised if he squanders the opportunity.

It's a serious of 4 maybe 5 pictures the far left is his face and the fist right is a lion... The middle two are combinations of the two... He says:

"Time to transform into this beast and lead our D to be the best"

Thanks!

It's a serious of 4 maybe 5 pictures the far left is his face and the fist right is a lion... The middle two are combinations of the two... He says:

"Time to transform into this beast and lead our D to be the best"

Go AW! And GO BILLS!!!

Talk about a player with a pulse on the Buffalo fan base:

"It's nothing new. It's every year. Everybody thinks we're just the same old Bills -- and that's fine with me," he said. "They think we're the same old Bills that every year everybody gets hyped up for an incredible season, then people get let down with a 6-win season. To me, I'm getting tired of it as well."

For many, the belief exists that you won't change the results unless you change the way you prepare. Williams is subscribing to that theory for 2014.

"We're not gonna play any games this year," the safety said. "To me, I'm getting tired of it as well. It's a new attitude I'm bringing to the table. We're going to be a winning team and we're gonna come out here with a new attitude and be aggressive, and bring this city more wins."