Pre-season Bills vs Bucs or new season of Doctor Who?

Just Jack

I'll DVR both.

She (Jenna Coleman) is hot.!!!

I have not been following Dr Who in the past year or two or three.

Is this a redo? I thought each generation of the Doctor he was supposed to be "younger"?

But hey, I get it ... I started watching it around 1976, if that were the case the Doctor'd be a preteen by now.

Edited by BillsFan-4-Ever

I've never watched Doctor Who. Is it worth getting into? Would it be best to start at the first season of the new series (from 2005 or so)? Or would I need to be familiar with the old show from the 70's?

Edited by Cugalabanza

I've never watched Doctor Who. Is it worth getting into? Would it be best to start at the first season of the new series (from 2005 or so)? Or would I need to be familiar with the old show from the 70's?

Tough question to answer, Can one actually find episodes from 1974. My first was the 4th Doctor Who - Tom Baker 8 June 1974 – 21 March 1981. I couldn't watch the next few who I thought sucked. (Many people like the first Doctor Who they watch)

Many years later I picked it back up (my son liked the show) was the Doctor then, whom I liked, but he only lasted a season. He was followed by David Tennant who I had to grow to like, lasted almost 5 years. Then again the next Doctor Matt Smith, I wasn't a huge fan of.

Hoe many times can the Doctor kill off he nemesis decade after decade.

Pick up anywhere in the 2000's and you should be OK

--------------------------

the spinoff Captain Jack Harkness was OK until they went over the top IMO with the homosexual activities weekly.

I didn't start watching until the reboot in 2005, I've tried the older episodes but they don't hold my interest as much.

Personally, I think the new series is enough. They do a good job of catching people up, while also throwing in easter eggs for long time viewers.

Some notes:

The "new" era is done in "Series" instead of "Seasons"

Season 1, the Eccleston era, is really goofy and corny for the first half of the season or so... Just stick with it.

Edited by Dorkington