Kevin Dyson had never practiced the HomeRun

stevestojan

Well, I felt like opening some old wounds, so, I googled the Homerun Throwback, and this article just killed me...

The play, designed by Lowry, calls for the Titans to field the kick and get the ball to tight end Frank Wycheck, who is supposed to run upfield and pass back across the field to kick returner Derrick Mason.

But as luck would have it, Mason is out with a concussion. Back up Anthony Dorsett is also unavailable due to leg cramps. Kevin Dyson, who has never practiced the play, is called on to take their place.

"As we were running on to the field, they were trying to explain the gist of the play to me," Dyson explained afterwards.

----

Now, I know it's just catching a pass, but christ, the guy had never practiced it?

Someone up there doesn't want us to win....

I agree.  Someone up ther edosent want us to win.  God allowed him to throw the ball FORWARD and get away with it.

218095[/snapback]

I don't know if this was common knowledge (that Dyson needed the play explained while running onto the field), but I could have gone my entire life not knowing it...

Now, I know it's just catching a pass, but christ, the guy had never practiced it?

Someone up there doesn't want us to win....

218090[/snapback]

To be fair, the Bills special teams never practiced that season either so it all evened out.

So how long have you been a football fan for? 

218104[/snapback]

a week or so...

s-o-r-r-y.... never read that before.

I don't listen to sports talk show. If I wanted to listen to a community college drop out who thinks he knows sports and has a nickname like "mad-dog", or "Bulldog", or "Big Mike", I'd get text-to-speech for TBD ...

a week or so...

s-o-r-r-y.... never read that before.

I don't listen to sports talk show. If I wanted to listen to a community college drop out who thinks he knows sports and has a nickname like "mad-dog", or "Bulldog", or "Big Mike", I'd get text-to-speech for TBD ...

218115[/snapback]

Yeah, but it wasn't just on sports talk shows. It was in almost every article written about the play, every recap of the game, etc.

CW

And then we would have been a yard short in the SB to the Rams....another thing to add to the legacy of the Bills.

218134[/snapback]

i gotta agree, the football gods did strike back at tennessee for the forward lateral in that years super bowl...

:I starred in Brokeback Mountain: tennessee