Question about Human Resources Departments....

I have applied for a gov't job in Va Beach. They have a huge human resource department. Friday, they (HR) called me and asked me to send in additional work experience, so I could fulfill their requirement for that particular job. I sent it in and everything was satisfied.

The HR girl emailed me and said that...................

" I did receive your additional information and you will be forwarded to the department for interview. Good luck!"

OK, does this mean I am going to actually get an interview or does it mean that I'm being forwarded to the Dept that I applied for and they'll decide who they interview?

I know HR weeds out the first wave of applicants. All I'm looking for I guess is does anyone think I'm looking good for an interview. That's all I want is the chance to interview.

Anybody have an opinion? And no, GOOGLE didn't help me get an answer to this! lol

HR usually forwards applicants who they judge to meet the basic qualifications and have the general skill sets the department is looking for. The department person who will actually do the interviews then goes through the resumes that HR forwarded, and decides which of those are the best fit, and will ask that those be scheduled for interviews. So you made it past the basic qualifications, but it's not a guarantee you'll get interviewed. Sometimes it's a subjective decision by the interviewer as to who they want to see. But at least you made the cut.

HR usually forwards applicants who they judge to meet the basic qualifications and have the general skill sets the department is looking for.  The department person who will actually do the interviews then goes through the resumes that HR forwarded, and decides which of those are the best fit, and will ask that those be scheduled for interviews.  So you made it past the basic qualifications, but it's not a guarantee you'll get interviewed.  Sometimes it's a subjective decision by the interviewer as to who they want to see.  But at least you made the cut.

218154[/snapback]

That's what I thought. I was just wondering. It's a tough place to get in, so I was wondering if I actually got an interview or not! Dammit, I guess I'll sit and wait even yet some more!

Thanks for the input.

That's what I thought.  I was just wondering.  It's a tough place to get in, so I was wondering if I actually got an interview or not!  Dammit, I guess I'll sit and wait even yet some more!

Thanks for the input.

218787[/snapback]

Maybe Fake-fat sunny can answer this one for you. j/k, I hope you get the interview and the job. government jobs can be very sweet. Good luck.