2014 Emmy Nominations Announced

How does Johnny Lee Miller not get nominated for "Elementary"?

Why is "The Good Wife" constantly showered with awards nominations?

Allison Janney? Melissa McCarthy? WTF!?

How does a show like "Person of Interest", a show of great creativity, get ignored.

Oh right, the Emmys don't reward creativity.

How does a show like "Person of Interest", a show of great creativity, get ignored.

Melissa McCarthy has jumped the shark for sure.

I don't know, I thought she was funny at first, but she got old to me. She is definitely the worst part of that show (which would actually be good if it had neither Mike nor Molly in it!).

Edited by Mark80

I don't know, I thought she was funny at first, but she got old to me. She is definitely the worst part of that show (which would actually be good if it had neither Mike nor Molly in it!).

:lol:

I remember when McCarthy was in "Gilmore Girls". The humor in that show was more subtle than "Mike & Molly". Despite that, she still wasn't all that funny.

I think she's tremendously overrated, if I haven't already obviously hinted at that.

I agree on McCarthy, I'm not sure why people think she's funny or even gets greenlit to be lead's in motion pictures as she wasn't even funny as a co-star in Bridesmaids as I've tried two separate times to watch that flick and both times fell asleep mid way through it.

Tatiana Maslany certainly deserved to get nominated for Orphan Black. And even with a lot working against it, I thought it might still happen due to the buzz about her snub last year.

Also, I thought we might well see Keri Russell, who was very good again in The Americans. Tough category....

Orphan Black is an awesome show. I only discovered two days before the season 2 finale but thankfully the entire first two seasons were on video on demand and was able to catch up. I can't wait for season 3.

Orphan Black is an awesome show. I only discovered two days before the season 2 finale but thankfully the entire first two seasons were on video on demand and was able to catch up. I can't wait for season 3.

Yeah, all Orphan Black episodes are available on demand for DirecTV, Time Warner, DISH subscribers. If anyone wants to check it out definitely start at the beginning!

Favorite character: Helena

I don't understand what constitutes a "Miniseries or movie".

It has Fargo & American Horror story in it.......but True Detective gets put into drama. I'm confused.

Also.....Tatiana Maslany(Orphan Black) gets snubbed again. What's up with that?

Edited by Dibs

Could it possibly be because it is a Canadian show? I've never seen it, but it has very solid reviews and you guys seem to rave about it, maybe that has something to do with it.

Downton Abbey is a UK show so I'd think country of origin is irrelevant(unless Orphan Black isn't shown in the US.....is it?)

Could it possibly be because it is a Canadian show? I've never seen it, but it has very solid reviews and you guys seem to rave about it, maybe that has something to do with it.

Downton Abbey is a UK show so I'd think country of origin is irrelevant(unless Orphan Black isn't shown in the US.....is it?)

In the long run it probably would not matter. The Emmys have a reputation for nominating the same shows year after year.

Yeah, all Orphan Black episodes are available on demand for DirecTV, Time Warner, DISH subscribers. If anyone wants to check it out definitely start at the beginning!

Favorite character: Helena

Helena is a riot but I like Cosima best.

Orphan Black plays on BBC America. Edited by The Jokeman