Keith Rivers is mostly likely Kiko's replacement, per Chris Brown

Chris Brown was on the John Murphy Show last night with Sal Capaccio and indicated Rivers is the next man up at WLB, not Bradham as some suspected. He seems to see Bradham at SAM. CB tends to be the team mouthpiece so thought it was interesting. Audio here:

7-9 Sal Capaccio and Chris Brown preview Bills Training Camp

http://audio.wgr550....aining-camp.htm

Other stuff as well - more props to Hogan as WR5, Searcy's job to lose at SS

Edited by YoloinOhio

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Chris Brown was on the John Murphy Show last night with Sal Capaccio and indicated Rivers is the next man up at WLB, not Bradham as some suspected. He seems to see Bradham at SAM. CB tends to be the team mouthpiece so thought it was interesting. Audio here:

7-9 Sal Capaccio and Chris Brown preview Bills Training Camp

http://audio.wgr550....aining-camp.htm

Other stuff as well - more props to Hogan as WR5, Searcy's job to lose at SS

agree on Rivers, never bought into Bradham as replacement. Rivers moves better in space

I've heard Preston Brown is impressing everyone and they are hoping he is the guy

That was according to Tim Graham's sources and I believe he'll be considered based on what kind of camp he has, but I don't think the Bills are hoping he is the guy. I think they would prefer to be able to let him grow as the MLB of the future and that he will be the starting MLB in the nickel. I hope Spikes is here after this year as well but would notbe surprised if the Bills aren't counting on that.

wasnt Rivers signed to start opposite Kiko on the strong side bc the one thing he can do is play the run?

Yes, and Lawson was gonna switch to DE. I'm wondering if the new plan is to have Lawson stay at strong while Rivers goes to the weak. Lawson had a couple hiccups vs. the run last year, but he can play it as well as Rivers and can provide coverage as well.

GO BILLS!!!

Yes, and Lawson was gonna switch to DE. I'm wondering if the new plan is to have Lawson stay at strong while Rivers goes to the weak. Lawson had a couple hiccups vs. the run last year, but he can play it as well as Rivers and can provide coverage as well.

GO BILLS!!!

With Hughes reportedly playing quite well at the end position, I don't doubt this for a second...

Rivers is terrible, ask any Giants fan. Invisible man on the field. It's like playing defense with 10 players.

He's not that bad. The whole giants team stunk last year with JPP not recovered and tuck getting old. Add to that offense not moving the ball and turning it over and the defense was doomed. Rivers is better alternative than bradham or a rookie slotted for MLB. At this point have to dance with the girl you brought, because what's left floating around in free agency ain't much ,.... Like, dare I say, maybin?

Edited by Joe_the_6_pack

wasnt Rivers signed to start opposite Kiko on the strong side bc the one thing he can do is play the run?

I personally don't remember this from Marrone, but last night one of Sal or CB said that Marrone indicated when Rivers was signed that he was a 3 down LB in their mind, so at least from their perspective, they didn't sign him just for that reason.

I personally don't remember this from Marrone, but last night one of Sal or CB said that Marrone indicated when Rivers was signed that he was a 3 down LB in their mind, so at least from their perspective, they didn't sign him just for that reason.

This is true, too. They wanted to have two 3-down outside LBs that were good in coverage. This is HUGE vs. the Pats* who like to exploit your subpackages with their two TE formations; come in small, they pound you; stay big, they split those guys out and they abuse LBs that can't stay with them. Plus, Brady loves to vary tempo and makes it difficult for subpackages to even get on or off the field at times.

GO BILLS!!!

I would assume Rivers has the inside track on the starting job, riught now, based on his experience, but he could lose it, if Bradham outperforms him.

It's safe to say Rivers is gonna start, regardless. Switching him to weak side LB makes a lot of sense.

GO BILLS!!!

This is true, too. They wanted to have two 3-down outside LBs that were good in coverage. This is HUGE vs. the Pats* who like to exploit your subpackages with their two TE formations; come in small, they pound you; stay big, they split those guys out and they abuse LBs that can't stay with them. Plus, Brady loves to vary tempo and makes it difficult for subpackages to even get on or off the field at times.

GO BILLS!!!

Both Brady and Manning this year (amongst others I am sure but these two are the masters of it) are going to exploit the weakness - Schwartz will need to be very accurate on his subpackages and Kiko's replacement will not be one LB, but 2, because of that. We don't have another every down LB. Searcy will see some of his role as well. JMO.

He's not that bad. The whole giants team stunk last year with JPP not recovered and tuck getting old. Add to that offense not moving the ball and turning it over and the defense was doomed. Rivers is better alternative than bradham or a rookie slotted for MLB. At this point have to dance with the girl you brought, because what's left floating around in free agency ain't much ,.... Like, dare I say, maybin?

You Sir, should get a timeout for bringing that name up. :censored::sick:

GO BILLS!!!

I actually don't remember Lawson being anything but impressive vs. the run, but I'm sure had a couple hiccups, as anyone would. My lasting memory of him this last year was him being very strong on the edges, shedding blockers and snuffing out outside runs and RB screens to the flat.

GO BILLS!!!

I hope this is the case. Lawson is far better as an LB and is great against the run. He will not have the same impact as a DE.