Israel supporters=idiots

The only people who believe Israel is a negative regime are the Europeans and Middle East who have been traditionally anti-semitic (and still are). In Canada, we're cool with da j00z.

look at the poll. no a majority of canadians are not cool with isrrael. no other counmtry polled had a majority that was cool with them. so why not?

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

What, you are not convinced by his stirring 'there aren't any Arab TV heroes' and 'Israel lost the country popularity poll' arguments? :lol:

I think the issue is that Simon Cowell hasn't developed Arab Idol yet.

What, you are not convinced by his stirring 'there aren't any Arab TV heroes' and 'Israel lost the country popularity poll' arguments? :lol:

the question of doing something versus doind nothing (or doing something different) in a certain situation is usually best analyzed by including a cost-benefit ratio. so i've advanced some costs. how bout you advance some specific benefits?

no. i'm asking any of you to give specific examples of tangible benefits those 70 years of "alliance" have resulted in. we have objective evidence of the costs: $3 billion per year, loss of some exclusive military tewchnology and loss of respect from much of the rest of the world for siding with a perceived undesirable and negative regime.

and i'm also asking why a majority of the populace of every other country polled believes that israel is a negative influence on the world while the US is the one outlier. "we're allies" isn't an explanation. "allies" implies symbiosis. what are the benefits that the american populace is aware of that justifies that label. if you're proposing one of those benefits is in waging a proxy war against the russians, why not just say that? then we can discuss what level of success our alliance has brought to that particular issue.

Why would we discuss the success or not? Isn't the issue "Jew media bias" vs. "Supporting Israel gives the US a foothold for our foreign policy in the Middle East?"

Which one of those sound realistic for why we support Israel? Don't change the subject, between you and JTSP, we'll be talking about how we faked the moon-landing and the Soviet Union wasn't a threat after the Space Race in a second

look at the poll. no a majority of canadians are not cool with isrrael. no other counmtry polled had a majority that was cool with them. so why not?

That's probably skewed because of Nouvelle France that is historically left. There are no shortages of boycotts of Israeli/Jewish related businesses in Quebec.

Given its decades old occupation and horrific human Rights record its right there at the bottom of the barrel where it should be next to north Korea. The anti-semite charge is just BS to deflect the Israelis from responsibility. Note the poll is views on countries not on religions.

Edited by Joe_the_6_pack

Why would we discuss the success or not? Isn't the issue "Jew media bias" vs. "Supporting Israel gives the US a foothold for our foreign policy in the Middle East?"

Which one of those sound realistic for why we support Israel? Don't change the subject, between you and JTSP, we'll be talking about how we faked the moon-landing and the Soviet Union wasn't a threat after the Space Race in a second

i feel evertything i've posted in this thread is within the scope implied by the threads title.

Given its decades old occupation and horrific human Rights record its right there at the bottom of the barrel where it should be next to north Korea. The anti-semite charge is just BS to deflect the Israelis from responsibility. Note the poll is views on countries not on religions.

it's unsurprising. what is surprising is the average US joe's support while seemingly unable to specify reasons for it. it's like "it's cuz i'm supposed to. it's what i've always done" we're allies. bleet, bleet, bleet....

i feel evertything i've posted in this thread is within the scope implied by the threads title.

it's unsurprising. what is surprising is the average US joe's support while seemingly unable to specify reasons for it. it's like "it's cuz i'm supposed to. it's what i've always done" we're allies. bleet, bleet, bleet....

Who gives a !@#$ about the thread title? You posed this question.

"most here discount the effect of media on these numbers. what are your alternative explanations?"

You got alternative explanations. Instead of sticking to your "pro-Jew media bias" point, you're shifting the conversation. This is what makes you insufferable.

Did we really just get an Israel = North Korea assertion?

I remember when I was in Israel I visited the Gulags. Oops. Wasn't supposed to talk about that.

It was a pleasure knowing all of you.

Who gives a !@#$ about the thread title? You posed this question.

"most here discount the effect of media on these numbers. what are your alternative explanations?"

You got alternative explanations. Instead of sticking to your "pro-Jew media bias" point, you're shifting the conversation. This is what makes you insufferable.

i got "we're allies" "foothold in the middle east" and some vague reference to fighting the domino effect of russia/communist domination in the middle east. this is what makes you unimpressive.

I remember when I was in Israel I visited the Gulags. Oops. Wasn't supposed to talk about that.

It was a pleasure knowing all of you.

i expect they looked a lot like gaza.

i got "we're allies" "foothold in the middle east" and some vague reference to fighting the domino effect of russia/communist domination in the middle east. this is what makes you unimpressive.

It couldn't have been more clear. If you're having trouble comprehending the significance of backing a country with whom we shared and now share a common enemy, than I cannot help you any further. If you insist on quantifying "tangible benefits" in the form of dollars or scheckels, I cannot help you.

It couldn't have been more clear. If you're having trouble comprehending the significance of backing a country with whom we shared and now share a common enemy, than I cannot help you any further. If you insist on quantifying "tangible benefits" in the form of dollars or scheckels, I cannot help you.

Maybe if you convet the sheckels? Any one know the rate??

Maybe if you convet the sheckels? Any one know the rate??

I don't think Jews are allowed to covet anything. It's in the commandments.

i expect they looked a lot like gaza.

You're right, I guess I wasn't nearly specific as "pro-Jew bias in the media." That's on me.

Do you contend there is no meaningful economic reason for watching over the Middle East? Even if it's by proxy? Do you contend there is no meaningful national defense reason for having a foothold in the Middle East? Do you contend that control of the Middle East wasn't a key point vital to our "success" in the Cold War?

Edited by FireChan

That and I've heard Tel Aviv has some fantastic food.

Common enemy? Who would that be?

Common enemy? Who would that be?

You know when you'll figure out the identity of the common enemy?

When your head is rolling down a flight of stairs, that's when.

have you considered what outcome mgiht have occurred had we not been there? or if we chose to ally with someone else (hell, the russians are obviously buddy-buddy with assad, from your persperctive principles are irrelevant so why shouldn't we have worked with him or some similar past or present despot).

remember the argument for the domino effect in southeast asia? we we're there ostensibly for the same reasons. and that global disaster that was supposed to happen if we weren't? never happened. why are you so certain this case is different?