Israel supporters=idiots

answer the question. where and who are the arab counter parts in pop culture?

Where are the black heroes? Or Chinese? Or Indian? Or Russian? Or Norwegian?

Don't act like there's an anti-Arab casting bias. There's an anti-everything-not-European white casting bias.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

ever seen ben hur? the ten commandments? "raid on entebe" or similar homages to military jewish victories? how bout "fiddler on the roof"? seinfeld? a whole slew of jewish comedians and musicians? where are there arab counterparts? are there no interesting or talented arabs?

Anything within the past 20 years? =P

ever seen ben hur? the ten commandments? "raid on entebe" or similar homages to military jewish victories? how bout "fiddler on the roof"? seinfeld? a whole slew of jewish comedians and musicians? where are there arab counterparts? are there no interesting or talented arabs?

You disregarded Aladdin, so yeah, if you eliminate the ones that already exist, there aren't any.

You disregarded Aladdin, so yeah, if you eliminate the ones that already exist, there aren't any.

alladin was cast as jewish by the producer of the disney film. his first line is "oy-vey". even the arab aunt jemima character has been co opted. that should tell you something.

answer the question. where and who are the arab counter parts in pop culture?

There aren't many, because the Arab world refuses to join the 20th century. But perhaps you've heard of Omar Shariff, who was probably the last major star, until it became verbotten to be a popular star in western culture. Why don't you ask that question of Salman Rushdie?

That is a major part of the issue, which your moronic head can't comprehend. How in the world did you become a doctor when you can't tell a difference between correlation and causality?

Do we need to remind you what happens to artists when they depict something that may seem to insult some weird sect? What did Comedy Central do to a South Park episode that mentioned Mohammed?

Where are the black heroes? Or Chinese? Or Indian? Or Russian? Or Norwegian?

Don't act like there's an anti-Arab casting bias. There's an anti-everything-not-European white casting bias.

Plenty of black heroes. Snipes, Will Smith, Shaft, Chris Brown. Asian heroes aren't that uncommon Jackie Chan, Jet Li, Bruce Lee. There are plenty of Russian heroes in Russian movies as there are French heroes in French movies somehow. Bollywood is all about Indian heroes with pearly white skin who can kick ass while carrying a tune.

I guess we should ask birdog if Bollywood haa a bias against eskimos? Is it possible that Americans make films with characters that Americans can relate to in an attempt to connect with an audience and make money or must the omission of all groups of people from Summer blockbusters be a clear indication of racism?

Forgot about Harold and Kumar.

Edited by Jauronimo

alladin was cast as jewish by the producer of the disney film. his first line is "oy-vey". even the arab aunt jemima character has been co opted. that should tell you something.

Oh no! Those Jewish Hollywood bastards! How dare they use "Oy-vey!" Oh, the humanity!

How will we ever get past this injustice?!

Plenty of black heroes. Snipes, Will Smith, Shaft, Chris Brown. Asian heroes aren't that uncommon Jackie Chan, Jet Li, Bruce Lee. There are plenty of Russian heroes in Russian movies as there are French heroes in French movies somehow. Bollywood is all about Indian heroes with pearly white skin who can kick ass while carrying a tune.

I guess we should ask birdog if Bollywood haa a bias against eskimos? Is it possible that Americans make films with characters that Americans can relate to in an attempt to connect with an audience and make money or must the omission of all groups of people from Summer blockbusters be a clear indication of racism?

Quick, list the last 3 Asian "star" movies that didn't have a black co-star.

You can't. Hollywood clearly thinks all Asians need a black comedic foil in order to solve crimes. Those racists!

we aren't taking sides in a one sided televised war between any of those countries nor are we selling them f16's and spare parts.

Oh no! Those Jewish Hollywood bastards! How dare they use "Oy-vey!" Oh, the humanity!

How will we ever get past this injustice?!

Quick, list the last 3 Asian "star" movies that didn't have a black co-star.

You can't. Hollywood clearly thinks all Asians need a black comedic foil in order to solve crimes. Those racists!

Lets imagine birdog's asinine view from another angle. We've already determined that writing what you know is the epitome of racism. What happens if we write what we don't know? I think I'll write a screen play about coming of age in Nigeria. American Pie meets Kony 2012. Given I know little to nothing about what its like to grow up in Nigeria, I'm sure my work will be received warmly among critics and Nigerians.

Lets imagine birdog's asinine view from another angle. We've already determined that writing what you know is the epitome of racism. What happens if we write what we don't know? I think I'll write a screen play about coming of age in Nigeria. American Pie meets Kony 2012. Given I know little to nothing about what its like to grow up in Nigeria, I'm sure my work will be received warmly among critics and Nigerians.

once again. we aren't picking sides in a nigerian conflict nor are we likely to. popular US opinion matters little. it matters very much vis a vis the middle east.

once again. we aren't picking sides in a nigerian conflict nor are we likely to. popular US opinion matters little. it matters very much vis a vis the middle east.

Obama just sent troops to Nigeria to curb a rash of abductions and #bringbackourgirls. Once again, you're totally incorrect and your point about choosing sides has !@#$ all to do with your previous stupidity.

See Jauronimo's point. Also, it's not like every movie has an Arab bad guy in it. The Koreans are still bad, the Russian and Eastern Bloc extremists are still villains. They don't say "these evil Palestinians captured my daughter," they say these Lithuanian, Croatian, Serbian, whatever's. Just because they look vaguely Arabic doesn't make them Palestinians, you racist.

Speaking of those guys, we took a side in that war too, and we all know Serb's and Croatians are evil from Hollywood.

Speaking of those guys, we took a side in that war too, and we all know Serb's and Croatians are evil from Hollywood.

I think it also needs to be reminded, AGAIN, that we took the Muslims' side in that affair.

why do you think they are so effective, especially in america? been giving this some thought and here's what i think:

the other side is their own worst enemy. attacking the US directly or indirectly is dumb. denying the right of isael's existence is stupid. if arab =terrorist in people's minds, palestine and all arabs lose. israelis are clearly terrorizing palestinians but that's largely inconsequential to americans because they are not like us and frankly, we are mostly concerned only about ourselves.

which brings us to the second point. some israeli's look like middle americans. few palestinians do. sounds trivial, arbitrary and superficial? yup, it is. but it matters just like physical attractiveness matters at a job interview.

thirdly. israel is a democracy. whether that is material to our national agenda in the region is less important. they are like us. we like people like us and not those that are different from us.

next is the religious angle. for a predominantly christian nation, many of us hear weekly if not daily, that jews are the chosen people of god (nevermind that nasty story about abraham and sarah). fundamentalists take this to apocalyptic extremes.

lastly, american media is biased on this issue. it's other biases not withstanding, this one is blatant and very important. from movies to tv shows to most news shows, we are exposed to one side much more frequently and effectively than the other on this issue.

any other thoughts on why?

How is Israel a democracy? That implies equal rights for everyone. In their case Laws and penalties vary based on ethnicity....blatant recent example is destroying Arab terrorist homes, but not Jewish terrorists. And they occupy an area with millions of people who have virtually no rights at all. If those are democratic values i want no part of them.

Edited by Joe_the_6_pack

Obama just sent troops to Nigeria to curb a rash of abductions and #bringbackourgirls. Once again, you're totally incorrect and your point about choosing sides has !@#$ all to do with your previous stupidity.

perhaps a sense of scale would be helpful. helping with quelling abductions does not equate to helping build one of the worlds best equipped military powers.

the point was that it helps explain americans overwhelming support for israel over the palestinians in this elsewhere hotly debated conflict, in addition to other reasons given. how do you explain it? do you feel the media is not contributory at all?