Israel supporters=idiots

Is your concept of a just war similar to your concept of wealth inequality - that it's just only when there are symmetrical casualties?

no. i believe the concept originated in Catholicism (appropriate given the religious basis for this conflict) http://www.catholic.com/documents/just-war-doctrine. pay attention to the section about the concept in today's world. i subscribe to the principles so concisely documented here.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

no. i believe the concept originated in Catholicism (appropriate given the religious basis for this conflict) http://www.catholic....st-war-doctrine. pay attention to the section about the concept in today's world. i subscribe to the principles so concisely documented here.

The rejection of such being Martin Luther's little-known "96th Thesis." Which is why Germany argued the invasion of Poland was justified...

...that, and the declaration of war by Polish Jewry in Switzerland six years previous.

no. i believe the concept originated in Catholicism (appropriate given the religious basis for this conflict) http://www.catholic.com/documents/just-war-doctrine. pay attention to the section about the concept in today's world. i subscribe to the principles so concisely documented here.

So you're insisting that Jews and Muslims follow Catholic doctrine?

I'm sure the IDF also subscribes to a Catholic interpretation of the Old Testament

I'm sure the IDF also subscribes to a Catholic interpretation of the Old Testament

clearly not. they seem to have little concern for morality at all. where else have we seen that in recent history?

The rejection of such being Martin Luther's little-known "96th Thesis." Which is why Germany argued the invasion of Poland was justified...

...that, and the declaration of war by Polish Jewry in Switzerland six years previous.

oh yeah... the "reformation " Edited by birdog1960

therefore i must necessarily regret the revolution to be able to regret the way native americans were treated? who is the idiot here? i believe in the concept of a just war http://www.huffingtonpost.com/robert-naiman/netanyahu-war_b_5574984.html. much of what israel engages in is not just imo.

You claimed the outside intervention from secondary parties changed the issue. I applied that to the Revolution. Are you paying attention?

Where do you live? Give back your property to the Natives if you wanna be the moral authority.

You're right, there isn't. But that's because there's nothing to debate on the issue.

What 40 some odd Jews at a conference, holding no authority, and not authorized to speak for anyone at all, have to say on any issue at all is irrelevant. They can't affect any action. Further, a boycott of someones services or goods is not a hostile act. It's a peacful, non-aggressive, free market choice. Unless of course you're going to argue that an individual's choice to not eat at Chick-Fil-A because they don't support gay marraige is an act of war.

Perhaps you'd like to make that argument, Joe?

Irrelevant.

I don't "want" them to do anything. It's simply what they should do as their only moral action, given that the Palestinians are waging an actual war on them.

Are individuals choosing not to eat at Chick-Fil-A because of their stance on gay marraige waging a war?

Powerful businessmen and bankers boycotting your country in the middle of the great depression is indeed a very threatenining, existential risk. They were an enemy of the Nazi state and they had power to do serious harm. The nazis had the power to retaliate and by your warped logic they did the rational thing. Its that simple. Your myriad attempts to spin and twist artificial distinctions simply exposes your hypocrisy.

Edited by Joe_the_6_pack

Powerful businessmen and bankers boycotting your country in the middle of the great depression is indeed a very threatenining, existential risk. They were an enemy of the Nazi state and they had power to do serious harm. The nazis had the power to retaliate and by your warped logic they did the rational thing. Its that simple. Your myriad attempts to spin and twist artificial distinctions simply exposes your hypocrisy.

Deciding not to do business with someone out of protest for their behavior (the German state was becoming increasingly hostile to German Jews), in hopes of them seeing the error of their ways is, I will repeat, not an act of aggression or war. It is the free market at work. It is peaceful.

You're asserting that the Germans had the absolute right to external commerce with anyone they wanted and that other parties should have no say in the matter, being instead conscripted into the German economy.

It might be the dumbest argument you've ever made.

sounds good to me. methinks the libertarians should agree.

I whole heartedly agree. We should stop bribing Israel into not wiping the Palestinians off the face of the Earth.

Jewish businessmen and bankers were AGAINST the boycott, you idiot. As were most other Jews.

How on earth did you ever get this misinformed?

Jewish businessmen and bankers were AGAINST the boycott, you idiot. As were most other Jews.

And even if they weren't, the Germans had no right to their commerce. A boycott is a peaceful protest.

Joe is literally arguing that individuals choosing not to do business with someone is an act of war.

No one has claimed that Israel are a group of saints but they are more of a self reflective society than any other in the region.

Compare that to the accusations of Apartheid or Ethnic Cleansing by some of the wiser posters.

words are useless, why dont they "reflect" on the fact that they blow up the homes of pali terrorists (even if theyre just suspects), because they say its a deterrent to further terrorism, and go blow up the homes of the 3 admitted jewish terrorists who kidnapped and burned the pali kid alive

as are many palis against hostile acts of other palis, yet TTT wants to "drive them all in the sea"

Edited by Joe_the_6_pack

Deciding not to do business with someone out of protest for their behavior (the German state was becoming increasingly hostile to German Jews), in hopes of them seeing the error of their ways is, I will repeat, not an act of aggression or war. It is the free market at work. It is peaceful.

You're asserting that the Germans had the absolute right to external commerce with anyone they wanted and that other parties should have no say in the matter, being instead conscripted into the German economy.

It might be the dumbest argument you've ever made.

you serious? WWII was fought due to economic reparations from WWI accords!!!!!!! economics and war are closely related, often seamless. the "dumbness of the argument" is simply your "logic" turned back on you.

I think we'd all like to drive you into the sea.

so when are the "democratic" "self reflective" Israelis going to demolish the jewish terrorist homes?

Edited by Joe_the_6_pack

And even if they weren't, the Germans had no right to their commerce. A boycott is a peaceful protest.

Joe is literally arguing that individuals choosing not to do business with someone is an act of war.

He still hasn't answered where I pointed out that, by his logic, Pearl Harbor was an entirely reasonable response by Japan.

As would be Iran or North Korea nuking Washington.

He still hasn't answered where I pointed out that, by his logic, Pearl Harbor was an entirely reasonable response by Japan.

going off the petrodollar seems like a pretty good way to get yourself offed

going off the petrodollar seems like a pretty good way to get yourself offed

If Iran chooses not to recognize the dollar as a reserve currency like the rest of the world, that would constitute an economic act of war, and we'd be wellwithin our rights to turn then into a radioactive parking lot. [/JtSP]

not my logic, it's TTT's ... been stated several times. And even then you're misapplying it. He says that when you have the chance to totally eradicate your enemy ... "drive them all in the sea" ... the rational, moral thing is to do so. Did the Japanese the power to drive all Americans in the sea in 1941? Do the Iranians and NKoreans have the ability to do that now?