Manziel the new Josh Gordon?

Apparantly the photo was taken in Austin - not sure if that matters, but it makes it seem less salacious than Vegas.

I'm going to give him the benefit of the doubt here. When I was young, my friends and I did all sorts of stupid things. I even recall rolling up bills just as a joke and sticking them behind our ears and just idiotic stuff like that. Sure, this picture is a bit of smoke, but if he's rolling a bill right there with the intent to snort coke, then where's the picture with the coke?

That's actually a good question - still, seems stupid to be doing this in a public bathroom (not that I'm condoning pictures of celebs in mens rooms). And if he's doing it as a joke, he's even more stupid than I thought - for you or me, that joke may be "funny" (?), but for a guy under the media eye, seems dumb.

Maybe he was just taking his adderal or xanex. In crushed form. Up his nose.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

What ahole is taking photos in the men's room?

So where's the pic of him snorting the coke?

I think Leaf waited till after he tanked it in the NFL to become a drug addict.

But Manziel definitely has the same (actually higher) level of arrogance.

Good. Let the media focus on trainwrecks like Manziel and Vick and their teams. All we need to worry about is Ted Nolan and Mrs. Manuel. Other than that ... Bills should enjoy life under the radar.

Yeah, really--it's like......Joe Namath level! We all saw how that turned out...

The Bills have been enjoying life under the radar for over 20 years, no need to worry at all.

That's actually a good question - still, seems stupid to be doing this in a public bathroom (not that I'm condoning pictures of celebs in mens rooms). And if he's doing it as a joke, he's even more stupid than I thought - for you or me, that joke may be "funny" (?), but for a guy under the media eye, seems dumb.

Only he nose what he was doing with it. I think we can all imagine where the stuff was - on a certain anatomy of a stripper in the stall.

Manziel can't make a joke in the bathroom now? Wow, this guy's life sucks.

Manziel can pretty much do all the coke he wants. If he's not in the substance abuse program he gets tested once around training camp and that's it. Cocaine only stays in your system a few days, so there is very, very little chance of it showing up on the tests.

If it's not performance enhancing and it's not weed you're not going to piss hot for the NFL.

Yeah, really--it's like......Joe Namath level! We all saw how that turned out...

The Bills have been enjoying life under the radar for over 20 years, no need to worry at all.

Plus - its clear this cat can play in the snow.

He was a counselor - the Elite 11 are a group of HS QB prospects. Blake Bortles and some others were there as well.

Who's the !@#$ing mastermind behind THIS decision???

That's like sending Mike Vick to Petco to do a seminar on responsible dog ownership.

Now pick another QB who is overly-arrogant AND has limited talent; then compare him to Manziel.

That's like sending Mike Vick to Petco to do a seminar on responsible dog ownership.

Now pick another QB who is overly-arrogant AND has limited talent; then compare him to Manziel.

I thought i just did....

This is the entire issue with Manziel. If he proves it on the field, none of this sideshow will matter. I find the comparisons to Namath ludicrous, although I get why they're made. The moment Namath walked into his first NFL locker room, he owned that team and hoisted it on his shoulders. There was no feeling-out period. Contrast that to Manziel, who invites the side-show while most likely being relegated to a backup role, barring injury, for his rookie year. Namath was a quarterback in every sense of the word in an era where guys called their own plays, etc. Johnny Football? Not so much.

GO BILLS!!!

Manziel can't make a joke in the bathroom now? Wow, this guy's life sucks.

He make all the bathroom jokes he wants, but when he's fighting a perception that he's a "party guy" and not doing his job, rolled up dollar bill jokes may not be the best choice...

And his life Blows, not sucks!

I thought i just did....

I'm the first guy to say that Namath was overrated and does not belong in the Hall of Fame. But let's not get silly. He was not without talent. Not by a longshot.

He managed to start in the NFL for 13 seasons and have a handful of very good years and a couple great years.

This is the entire issue with Manziel. If he proves it on the field, none of this sideshow will matter. I find the comparisons to Namath ludicrous, although I get why they're made. The moment Namath walked into his first NFL locker room, he owned that team and hoisted it on his shoulders. There was no feeling-out period. Contrast that to Manziel, who invites the side-show while most likely being relegated to a backup role, barring injury, for his rookie year. Namath was a quarterback in every sense of the word in an era where guys called their own plays, etc. Johnny Football? Not so much.

GO BILLS!!!

Coming out of college, Broadway Joe's stats as a passer were at best ordinary (I'm being kind).

He did not "own{ed} that team and hoisted it on his shoulders" "the moment Namath walked into his first NFL locker room". He spilt the job with Mike Taliaferro (neither guy could complete 50% of their passes). Namath was starter by the second half of the season. He won 3 of 9 games overall.

QB in every sense of the word? Maybe, but I bet Namath called maybe 10 different pass plays his entire career. There can be no comparison to the complexity of modern college or NFL passing games, so mentioning a guy in the mid 1960's calling his onw plays isn't an argument winner.

Here are some more JM/JN comparisons that are appropriate:

Namath was drafted in the first round in both the AFL and the NFL. He went with the big money (if there were cell phone cameras we would probably have seen him rubbing his thumbs and forefingers together at that time...)--the biggest money ever offered a pro player, in fact.

He was on the cover of SI before he started rookie camp under the title "Football Goes Showbiz".

Rather than divest in his cheesy "Bachelor III" restaurant (at the command of Rozelle), he quit football. He came crawling back soon after.

He again looked to quit the NFL to join the World Football League, and seems that he would have if they had agreed to his demand for a cut of the league's revenue.

The comparisons to Namath are a lot more legit than you seem to think.

I'm the first guy to say that Namath was overrated and does not belong in the Hall of Fame. But let's not get silly. He was not without talent. Not by a longshot.

He managed to start in the NFL for 13 seasons and have a handful of very good years and a couple great years.

As above, his talent as a passer was limited. Had he not won that SB III, he would never be in the HOF.

Manziel can pretty much do all the coke he wants. If he's not in the substance abuse program he gets tested once around training camp and that's it. Cocaine only stays in your system a few days, so there is very, very little chance of it showing up on the tests.

If it's not performance enhancing and it's not weed you're not going to piss hot for the NFL.

I think Bruce Smith's suspensions for cocaine would disagree with your premise...

http://articles.latimes.com/1989-01-11/sports/sp-260_1_bruce-smith