Shark Attack on tape

This happened yesterday, a group of pier fisherman caught a great white (illegal), but rather than cutting the line, they kept the shark on it for close to 45 minutes, laughing and hooting while it thrashed in the water... until it bit a guy.

I'm pretty up in arms about the pseudo surveillance state we have stumbled into, but one of the ancillary benefits is the unending stream of people recording themselves doing illegal or stupid things then posting them for the world to see. Hopefully these guys get a nice lawsuit and or visit from the PD after this debacle.

NSFW due to language, the attack happens early on and is tough to see, but it's right before the people on camera start cheering...

More info: http://www.latimes.com/local/lanow/la-me-ln-shark-attack-20140705-story.html

The REAL fun begins with the civil suit brought by the swimmer against the fisherman for causing the shark attack, requiring the question be answered of whether or not the shark would attack in the absence of being hooked...leading to a bunch of experts testifying in court to the mental state and motivations of a big-ass fish.

Knowing California, they'll somehow make that case even screwier.

The REAL fun begins with the civil suit brought by the swimmer against the fisherman for causing the shark attack, requiring the question be answered of whether or not the shark would attack in the absence of being hooked...leading to a bunch of experts testifying in court to the mental state and motivations of a big-ass fish.

Knowing California, they'll somehow make that case even screwier.

the shark was only on his way to get Skittles, bro.

Good ol' Cali, the land where they warn you even breathing the air will give you cancer.

I was shopping for a new hand plane today...every one I saw had a warning on it that "This product contains or may contain materials that are known to the State of California to cause cancer or birth defects." Uh...it's a hunk of cast iron with wood handles. Prop 65 is awesome. :lol:

Wonder what happens if a great white shark eats my hand plane...how many CA laws would I be violating?

I was shopping for a new hand plane today...every one I saw had a warning on it that "This product contains or may contain materials that are known to the State of California to cause cancer or birth defects." Uh...it's a hunk of cast iron with wood handles. Prop 65 is awesome. :lol:

I was in a Starbucks out there and saw a similar sign, that the ingredients in their products are known to cause cancer. I wish I had taken a picture of it.

Wonder what happens if a great white shark eats my hand plane...how many CA laws would I be violating?

Pergo! I got 60 boxes of that stuff in my house.

Did you get the kind that you just throw or one that winds up with a rubber band? Those were fun but I haven't had one since I was like 10. I hope you bought a few because they usually crash a few throws in and the wood is flimsy. And the abetting might have had toxic paint thus the warning.

Edited by 4merper4mer

Making an Ark??

Making an Ark??

No... Just a small boat. In the event of an epic global flood he would not save anything or anyone other than himself. This would rid tthe world of idiots. His only difficult issue is what female to choose to be by his side as he looks to repopulate the earth after the water recedes.

No... Just a small boat. In the event of an epic global flood he would not save anything or anyone other than himself. This would rid tthe world of idiots. His only difficult issue is what female to choose to be by his side as he looks to repopulate the earth after the water recedes.

How would he make a boat with a plane?

I nominate Beerball.

There should be a poll.