Marcell Dareus has not been arrested again yet. (7/22)

Ignoring whether he was drunk or not, which we'll never know for sure, there is footage of Lynch's car hitting the woman and he ultimately admitted to being the driver. Since she wasn't seriously injured, it was a misdemeanor. He got it reduced to a traffic ticket.

Only you would ignore the likelihood of his DUI (which seems even more ridiculous now than it did back then)--if he blew over a point .08 at the scene, he wouldn't have gotten a traffic ticket, as you know.

Except synthetic marijuana is not tested for by the NFL. So the testing is pointless.

They will be testing for atual marijuana. Dudes a bake head.

it sounds like hes conceding it as a defacto first strike in order to avoid further punishment even though its not a banned substance. I would be curious to find out if the NFL is treating it as a first strike with regards to future escalating punishments, or simply increased testing while maintaining a clean drug record with the league.

I think you are right.

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Only you would ignore the likelihood of his DUI (which seems even more ridiculous now than it did back then)--if he blew over a point .08 at the scene, he wouldn't have gotten a traffic ticket, as you know.

I acknowledged that he might have been impaired, but you can't convict on supposition. And it doesn't matter as far as comparing his case to Marcell's, and make a comparison even more valid since Marcell wasn't drunk and Lynch didn't get nailed for DUI.

From what I gather Dareus is entering the NFL program so he doesn't have to in Alabama. That's usually how these things for people that live/work out of state. The problem is that his drug of choice isn't even tested for by the program.

agreed on all fronts with your take - just not sure if he tests positive if he "remains" in phase 1 as a 1st time offender or if as per the nfl drug program a positive test while in phase 1 escalates to suspension

just dont think ive seen someone voluntarily enter it, so not sure what the process from there is. closest would be a guy like Aaron Hernandez agreeing to a year of tests from the team but that doesnt strike me as apples to apples

Edited by NoSaint