Marcell Dareus has not been arrested again yet. (7/22)

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He may end up with a clean slate as far as the Alabama charges. Still has to worry about the drag racing incident.

Not really. There's an offer for a missy that he's rejecting and will likely just end up with a traffic ticket. Like Lynch got for his Chippewa street incident.

So?

Lynch would have gotten vehicular assault/DWI. They circumstances aren't exactly the same. Lynch made sure their was no evidence by fleeing and not answering the cops at his door.

Dareus was found at the scene.

Lynch would have gotten vehicular assault/DWI. They circumstances aren't exactly the same. Lynch made sure their was no evidence by fleeing and not answering the cops at his door.

Ignoring whether he was drunk or not, which we'll never know for sure, there is footage of Lynch's car hitting the woman and he ultimately admitted to being the driver. Since she wasn't seriously injured, it was a misdemeanor. He got it reduced to a traffic ticket.

Jay Skurski@JaySkurski 6m

Marcell Dareus' attorney, Rod Giddens, tells The News his client could have his record expunged upon completing the NFL drug program.

Jay Skurski@JaySkurski 6m

That could take up to two years to compete, Giddens said, but that decision will be made by the NFL.

so does this mean he's going to be at some location for rehab? Or is this something on his own and he has to show up for drug tests?

Anyone??!

so does this mean he's going to be at some location for rehab? Or is this something on his own and he has to show up for drug tests?

Anyone??!

i believe he has to be tested regularly by the NFL. Those not in the program are only tested on once/yr for recreational drugs. I know Josh Gordon is tested up to 10x/month but he is in phase 3.

i believe he has to be tested regularly by the NFL. Those not in the program are only tested on once/yr for recreational drugs. I know Josh Gordon is tested up to 10x/month but he is in phase 3.

so no actual rehab??? Like he's not going to a clinic like Joe Cain in The Program?

Except synthetic marijuana is not tested for by the NFL. So the testing is pointless.

Except synthetic marijuana is not tested for by the NFL. So the testing is pointless.

and I don't even know if that is the program he agreed to. Haven't seen the details. But my hope is that because it isn't banned, and the charges might be dropped at the end, he can avoid suspension.

Was he? I thought that I recalled that he left the scene of the accident

and I don't even know if that is the program he agreed to. Haven't seen the details. But my hope is that because it isn't banned, and the charges might be dropped at the end, he can avoid suspension.

He agreed to enter the NFL substance abuse program in order to have his charges dropped.

Chris Brown@ChrisBrownBills 2m

Dareus delayed by weather http://wp.me/plmrg-ahg

Right... but what does that program entail exactly?

It involves testing players for substances on the banned list, which synthetic marijuana is NOT.

"Our drug policy is one that has strict and well-defined drugs that are banned," Smith said, via NJ.com. "If they are not on the list, they can't serve as the basis for discipline."

http://espn.go.com/blog/new-york/jets/post/_/id/35173/union-chief-winslow-wont-be-suspended

Chris Brown@ChrisBrownBills 2m

Dareus delayed by weather http://wp.me/plmrg-ahg

Right... but what does that program entail exactly?

it sounds like hes conceding it as a defacto first strike in order to avoid further punishment even though its not a banned substance. I would be curious to find out if the NFL is treating it as a first strike with regards to future escalating punishments, or simply increased testing while maintaining a clean drug record with the league.

it sounds like hes conceding it as a defacto first strike in order to avoid further punishment even though its not a banned substance. I would be curious to find out if the NFL is treating it as a first strike with regards to future escalating punishments, or simply increased testing while maintaining a clean drug record with the league.

thats what I am wondering as well.

From what I gather Dareus is entering the NFL program so he doesn't have to in Alabama. That's usually how these things for people that live/work out of state. The problem is that his drug of choice isn't even tested for by the program.

Edited by Fingon