Marcell Dareus has not been arrested again yet. (7/22)

Although I think Darius is a good guy, I think now would be a poor PR time to give someone a long term investment, as it would set a bad prescient that on-the-field production is all that matters in "being a Bill". I do think he will end up well, but now is a bad time to do this deal. Plus, Darius' agent would never let him sign now, with his value at an all-time low.

And I don't THINK that Glenn can sign a new contract this close to him being drafted, as I think you have to have 3 full seasons accrued from being drafted for a non-1st rounder, and 4 for a 1st rounder, with the new CBA. I could be wrong, but I'm pretty sure that's how it is. I would be all for the extension for him, though. After this season, float him a 5-6 year deal worth 6.5 million per, possibly up to 8.5 million if he plays even better this year. Might sound high, but this is a premium position and top guys are getting north of 11 million, and I don't want to see him walk and we have to rely on our possible LG Hairston or Seantrel to fill in.

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Some hoped for a fresh start on his thread because each time the old one was replied to it got bumped and the title made us fear he was arrested yet again.

What do we do if he is?

You have the power, I think his point is understood but this thread is still redundant, same issue started the thread, just put a date on the old one when he was arrested last or something in the title. Or not, you're in charge.

[hint]If I was interested in merging or shutting this thread I would.[/hint]

Drink

And if Dareus does not get arrested again, what will we do? Lets all say it together now.....

DRINK!

Edited by THE KIKO MONSTER

What do we do if he is?

[hint]If I was interested in merging or shutting this thread I would.[/hint]

1. Um start a new thread (maybe with a date in it).

2. Hints ?

This thread seems redundant.

you said it first. But I guess you bought into Yoloin's think or something. No harm, no foul. Wasn't meant as a criticism of you, I just agreed.

C'mon, you guys.....pay attention. Dareus got into trouble just after the Bills locked him in through 2015. This just happened all ready, and then Dareus started acting dumb. He gets paid and like a lot of young people who never had that kind of money went ape s**t. All this fussing over locking him up long term is silly. The Bills all ready did that. Now we're just going to have to wait to see if he comes to work ready to go.

Why in the world would we be thinking about his contract now. The important thing right now is getting ready for the season. Does anyone on the board ever think about priorities? :rolleyes:

This thread seems redundant.

You crack me up .

Thanks. :thumbsup:

Dareus is a headcase at the moment. I don't think it would be wise to sign a headcase to a multi-million $ contract. Let him first prove that he's not a headcase. Then sign him.

Headcase ? or dumb kid screwing around

What's his other choice?

He should take the plea deal. I cant imagine what his defense would be at this point. damned fine question Weo

He should take the plea deal. I cant imagine what his defense would be at this point. damned fine question Weo

It's a good question for his lawyer, who most likely advised him not to take it. And since the plea deal is still on the table, no need to accept it at present.

It's a good question for his lawyer, who most likely advised him not to take it. And since the plea deal is still on the table, no need to accept it at present.

Right , but i cannot imagine thet prosecution is going to relent after giving the obligatory " break ' . Something to do with timing i imagine

If that plea deal involves having to surrender his license, I'd wait for a deal that doesn't involve that.

Doesn't matter. Spice isn't tested for or banned by the NFL. Goodell can't touch him with respect to the drug policy. The only way he could possibly suspend him is through the personal conduct policy, but the NFLPA will make sure that that doesn't happen because they don't want to see their players suspended for substances that aren't banned/tested for, especially when charges are dropped, or for moving violations.

So you think that, after the DA offers a plea deal and it is rejected but the perp, that he will make an even better deal for the perp? Why would the DA keep lowering the stakes? He certainly doesn't have to. The guy was clearly drag racing. There is no mitigating factor here.

As far as the NFLPA is concerned, there is nothing they can do if the League suspends him for personal conduct. They have bargained away that right to the Commissioner.

So you think that, after the DA offers a plea deal and it is rejected but the perp, that he will make an even better deal for the perp? Why would the DA keep lowering the stakes? He certainly doesn't have to. The guy was clearly drag racing. There is no mitigating factor here.

Look Perry Mason, it's obvious the professionals don't agree with you. Otherwise he would have taken the plea deal. Which, again, is still on the table, for obvious reasons.

As far as the NFLPA is concerned, there is nothing they can do if the League suspends him for personal conduct. They have bargained away that right to the Commissioner.

I wouldn't be so sure. Tell me the last time you saw a player suspended for spice. Much less a traffic ticket.

Look Perry Mason, it's obvious the professionals don't agree with you. Otherwise he would have taken the plea deal. Which, again, is still on the table, for obvious reasons.

I wouldn't be so sure. Tell me the last time you saw a player suspended for spice. Much less a traffic ticket.

Plenty of people get bad legal advice. But really, why would the DA keep dropping the charges?

And you keep pretending this is about spice. As usual, you're being disingenuous. It's about a felony, whether you personally disagree with the laws in Alabama, the NFL doesn't care. The NFLPA can't change a ruling by the Commissioner based on his discretion regarding the personal conduct rule. They gave that away.

Just like we had to wait to see if Levitre and Byrd were going to be good players.

nah, neither of them got arrested or benched for being habitually late to meetings. I want to keep him too but they need to do their due diligence. Btw Whaley wasn't the GM when both of them were in position for long term extensions early on. He didn't make the call on levitre (though I think it was the right one and I do hold him accountable for who he replaced him with) and by the time he was GM the Byrd situation was already screwed up. IMO.