Marcell Dareus has not been arrested again yet. (7/22)

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Whaley would be smart to sign this kid now. He is going to be a 5 time Pro Bowl player. A. Williams and McKelvin are locked up. Wood is paid. Use the money to extend Glenn and Dareus now. Then either franchise Spiller if he has a great year or let him walk.

Because the old one is scary each time it gets bumped.

Be safe Dareus. Report to camp in shape. Be the all-pro you are set up to be. Take the plea deal.

Thank you. Every time I see that other thread I wonder if there's been another arrest.

Whaley would be smart to sign this kid now. He is going to be a 5 time Pro Bowl player. A. Williams and McKelvin are locked up. Wood is paid. Use the money to extend Glenn and Dareus now. Then either franchise Spiller if he has a great year or let him walk.

I think he is signed through 2015. Why lock him up long-term? Wait to see if he stays out of trouble and see if he deserves another contract.

I think dragon born is saying with his mistakes we could probably extend him for much less than when he is peaking a demands top DT money.

We can't afford to do what we have in the past cultivating young talent, then losing them to other teams. I'd love to lock him up for four to five years. I don't know where we stand though in cap money so it would have to be backloaded (I remember after draft picks were signed we only had about 5 mil).

I think dragon born is saying with his mistakes we could probably extend him for much less than when he is peaking a demands top DT money.

We can't afford to do what we have in the past cultivating young talent, then losing them to other teams. I'd love to lock him up for four to five years. I don't know where we stand though in cap money so it would have to be backloaded (I remember after draft picks were signed we only had about 5 mil).

He's already taking home 3+ in salary this year and penciled in at 8+ next year so it's not even like they'd have to be very creative - though they could be. You could just hand him the extra 5 and tack on a couple years.

Edited by NoSaint

Because the old one is scary each time it gets bumped.

Be safe Dareus. Report to camp in shape. Be the all-pro you are set up to be. Take the plea deal.

Apparently Lynch's DUI from 2 years ago was reduced to reckless driving, which is what they're offering Marcell. I wouldn't take the plea deal.

I disagree, I don't think it's smart to sign him now. He's got to prove he's straight for a reasonable amount of time.

Put me in the camp that thinks he'll be suspended for 2-4 games this season. I'm also as familiar with his personal past as anyone here and no longer believe his 'sincere regret' and 'determination to be more responsible' rhetoric. That bird has flown. Not that it can't eventually happen -and I hope it will, just don't believe it anymore. Certainly, he can be dominant on the field but he doesn't appear to care enough to be that way anywhere near enough. If he continues on this repetitive path and doesn't earn the next 2 seasons salary through commitment, then 'Next Up!'

JMO.

Put me in the camp that thinks he'll be suspended for 2-4 games this season. I'm also as familiar with his personal past as anyone here and no longer believe his 'sincere regret' and 'determination to be more responsible' rhetoric. That bird has flown. Not that it can't eventually happen -and I hope it will, just don't believe it anymore. Certainly, he can be dominant on the field but he doesn't appear to care enough to be that way anywhere near enough. If he continues on this repetitive path and doesn't earn the next 2 seasons salary through commitment, then 'Next Up!'

JMO.

Do you think the league will suspend him or the team? I can't see the team suspending more than 1 game and since spice isn't on the banned substances list the NFL will likely wait for the legal system to play out on that which will be at least 6 months now that he was accepted into the diversion program. Edited by YoloinOhio

He won't be suspended by the league. The team, very possibly.

the one thing we don't know is whether he has a 1st offense in his background where he did test positive for a banned substance, as I believe those are not made public. For example he could have tested positive for weed at one point and then made the switch to synthetic.

What's his other choice?

If that plea deal involves having to surrender his license, I'd wait for a deal that doesn't involve that.

the one thing we don't know is whether he has a 1st offense in his background where he did test positive for a banned substance, as I believe those are not made public. For example he could have tested positive for weed at one point and then made the switch to synthetic.

Doesn't matter. Spice isn't tested for or banned by the NFL. Goodell can't touch him with respect to the drug policy. The only way he could possibly suspend him is through the personal conduct policy, but the NFLPA will make sure that that doesn't happen because they don't want to see their players suspended for substances that aren't banned/tested for, especially when charges are dropped, or for moving violations.

This thread seems redundant.

You have the power, I think his point is understood but this thread is still redundant, same issue started the thread, just put a date on the old one when he was arrested last or something in the title. Or not, you're in charge.