Conjecture abounds! Drew and Henry

JP-era

If Drew indeed is set to be cut because he wont come in as a backup and/or wont take a paycut, why cut him outright?

Rather, trade him AND Henry to a team needing BOTH a QB and a RB like the Cards.

We take less of a hit as far as the cap goes, and we could be our compensation from a 3rd rounder to say a 2nd rounder.

Id much prefer this not just because the 2nd round is a higher round but because the value in the 2nd is better than the 1st in my mind. Consider this:

Mike Munoz, CJ Brooks, Elton Brown, maybe David Baas all look to go in the 2nd rounds. Players I like may also move up to the 2nd when all is said and done. Mike Nugent, Jerome Mathis to name a few.

I really believe that Mike Nugent pushes into the 2nd. He is the most hyped K since Janikowski.

BTW, I bet that the Steelers get into the mix as a possible destination for TH if Bettis retires. Staley is nothing more than a backup. A hard runner like Henry is right up there alley.

We take less of a hit as far as the cap goes, and we could be our compensation from a 3rd rounder to say a 2nd rounder.

How would we take less of a cap hit? :( Cutting or trading gives the same result on the cap from what I understand...

CW

How would we take less of a cap hit? :(  Cutting or trading gives the same result on the cap from what I understand...

CW

217818[/snapback]

fez is right.........and why (i asked this yesterday) would the cards want bledsoe under the current terms of his contract? if we think it's too much money, why wouldn't they?

fez is right.........and why (i asked this yesterday) would the cards want bledsoe under the current terms of his contract? if we think it's too much money, why wouldn't they?

217821[/snapback]

And along the same lines, if they know we're cutting DB, why would they trade for him? Talk to his agent before the cut and say "Hey, we want you to start here and will offer $X!" They get the player AND the pick...

CW

217821[/snapback]

why would Denny Green want Drew at all?

Josh McCown is more productive than Drew right now.