Last Comic Standing Season 9 Premiers July 22nd, 2015!!

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I hope tonights comics are better than last weeks!

CBF

I am not sure they were. I thought a few were good, but seems like on a whole, not as good as last week or the week before.

I liked the last guy (shaq?) last night, as he had a good delivery. Sheng wang was pretty funny too. But I am not sure any of the others stood out.

Ps: I forgot about Andi. I really liked her and ahe resonated with me because I have small kids. But I bet she runs out of material pretty quickly.

So far, I think this year's crop has been fairly good. The first show was awesome for a first show, of this type. And while I think Jeselnik is a way better stand up comic than last year's, JB Smoove. JB was probably a better host for the show.

I still have a problem with them including established stand up comics with those who are totally undiscovered. But whatever, I guess. As long as the comedy is good.

I thought last night was strange. I don't understand how the judges like some people. For example, the last guy was pretty mediocre, and they thought he was the best? I really liked the Asian girl from Harvard, but she didn't make it through?

I have a feeling that they edit this too much, such that we are not seeing what the judges see. Either that, or I just disagree with them.

I thought last night was strange. I don't understand how the judges like some people. For example, the last guy was pretty mediocre, and they thought he was the best? I really liked the Asian girl from Harvard, but she didn't make it through?

I have a feeling that they edit this too much, such that we are not seeing what the judges see. Either that, or I just disagree with them.

I feel the same way.

I was thinking last night how there were so many funny people last season and this year there might be 2 or 3. Hopefully they step it up in the semi finals.

Funny how you brought up the editing because I read about how Drew Carey was a judge one season and said its fixed...

http://articles.latimes.com/2004/mar/08/entertainment/et-brown8

CBF

Yes, the editing really destroys the sense of the entire set delivered by any one comic. So, you may like the few jokes shown from one comic, and the rest of their set may have been crap. OTOH, while you might have thought the few jokes from another comic were just OK, their full set might have been better than the comic you initially thought was funnier. And, as CBF mentioned, the producers of this show have an agenda---plus they are the editors aren't comedians.

As for the young lady from Harvard, I think everyone liked her a lot. But she was just getting started, and a bit raw. They probably didn't think she had what it took to deliver set after set, at this stage.