Anyone else on here have a Linkedin account?

My observations:

In my line of work, a Linkedin account is worthless - it is the references and the personal contact that matters.

People lie like h*ll on their Linkedin profiles.

In this world of stalkers, nutcases and identity thieves, it amazes me that people voluntarily put so much of their personal information out on the internet.

i am and use mine just about every day - this would be a perfect poll topic

I have one, and am linkedin with a bunch of people and have no idea what I'm supposed to do............What do you do on it every day?

I have one, and am linkedin with a bunch of people and have no idea what I'm supposed to do............What do you do on it every day?

You can subscribe to groups pertinent to your career. Keep the pulse on what's going on in your industry. Connect with current contacts and possible future contacts. It's just networking. I think it's beneficial.

I view LinkedIn as basically Facebook for business (which is valuable). I have contacts I've never even met, but feel as though I have a great resource for things like client referrals and the like.

I view LinkedIn as basically Facebook for business (which is valuable). I have contacts I've never even met, but feel as though I have a great resource for things like client referrals and the like.

I think this sums it up pretty well.

i use it to search for jobs instead of using monster et al, usually you can reach right out to the hiring manager rather than submitting to some community email account, then you can see what connections you have to the business or the hiring manager and reach out to them to try and get noticed a bit quicker, hopefully.

I used to hate linkedin. I had people on there who used it like Facebook, noting every time they went on a trip or if they changed their kids diaper. So, I deleted my account.

I started using it again last year and have been much more selective with my contacts. It's still of marginal use for what I do, but it's less annoying than how it was before.

I never look at the 'news feed' on Linked In. Much like Facebook, it's dominated by a handful of people ("Oh look -- Industry trends!!!"), notably those who are unemployed and/or trying to build a consulting business.

i use it to search for jobs instead of using monster et al, usually you can reach right out to the hiring manager rather than submitting to some community email account, then you can see what connections you have to the business or the hiring manager and reach out to them to try and get noticed a bit quicker, hopefully.

Come on, be honest. Mostly you scroll through the "people you might know" section and see what connections you have to hot chicks.