Fox news knows nothing of irony

A gun to the head offers faster results if you wish to go brain dead.

That would be good to see, but not nearly as funny.

I'm not sure what you are tying to convey. Are you attempting to claim that no tv news source has value?

So, if Tom is right Bioshock copied the Fox banner and this whole thread was based on an Infowar like premise. Oh the irony.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not sure what you are tying to convey. Are you attempting to claim that no tv news source has value?

There's certainly value to be found, but how you quantify it depends on your values as a person. Cable news as a whole is a cancer which has turned malignant. I am guessing we want vastly different things out of our propaganda -- I mean TV news -- when we watch it.

So, if Tom is right Bioshock copied the Fox banner and this whole thread was based on an Infowar like premise. Oh the irony.

If Tom is right... If. As good(or bad) as Tom is, he hasn't quite reached the level of infallibility, or did I sleep through a meeting? It's possible that I did, if so, my apologies.

Even then though, the thread continues to serve its purpose.

Edited by GreggyT

There's certainly value to be found, but how you quantify it depends on your values as a person. Cable news as a whole is a cancer which has turned malignant. I am guessing we want vastly different things out of our propaganda -- I mean TV news -- when we watch it.

If Tom is right... If. As good(or bad) as Tom is, he hasn't quite reached the level of infallibility, or did I sleep through a meeting? It's possible that I did, if so, my apologies.

Even then though, the thread continues to serve its purpose.

I already qualified Tom's statement.

So cable news is bad. Does that mean you approve of the networks?

That meeting was about five weeks ago, at work, when I got my boss fired. :D

But again, it's not surprising that Fox News, nor it's audience, realize this. It shows just how out of touch with the real world they are.

Funny. I look at this entire topic and think, "How deep in a bubble must someone live to think that this topic is evidence that a news station and its audience is out of touch with the real world?

Seriously. I get that things on your side of the fence are completely fubar'ed right now, but you're one of the few coherent progs around here.

Please don't go full gatorman on us.

I already qualified Tom's statement.

So cable news is bad. Does that mean you approve of the networks?

I don't disapprove (or approve) of either cable or network news. I wasn't trying to be funny when I said the value entirely depends on the one watching. I don't watch much of the networks anymore, mainly because I don't watch a lot of network TV anymore other than sports.

Funny. I look at this entire topic and think, "How deep in a bubble must someone live to think that this topic is evidence that a news station and its audience is out of touch with the real world?

Not topic, certain responses and accusations.

Seriously. I get that things on your side of the fence are completely fubar'ed right now, but you're one of the few coherent progs around here.

Please don't go full gatorman on us.

All this time and you still don't understand my politics or beliefs if you consider me a progressive.