It sure is hot outside.

boyst

8 members have voted

1. 1. Is This Broke?

• Yes
    • No
    • Gugny

444pRqy.jpg

Ok, I understand a lot of things, but how is it 158 degrees on the heat index?!

I don't know how the whole system works, but it's read this before. My station is 5' off the ground, shoulder level, in the front yard, no shade, no obstructions, just as it would feel standing there.

So, whats wrong? I made a poll because polls are great

edit: Yes that is accurate for the indoor temp because I have not and likely will not turn the AC on this year. I am managing quite well and it keeps me acclimated to the temperature which I am so often finding myself. But, I am an idiot, so what do I know?

Edited by Beerball

Boy, training camp can't get here soon enough.

:nana: :nana:

Actually, though, I am serious. How does this thing come up with such a high temperature?! The actual temp is 97F.

Wunderground has it at 94F, with 101F Heat index, and 47% humidity.

What is going on that mine is so high? The humidity part broke?

will not turn the AC on this year. I am managing quite well and it keeps me acclimated to the temperature which I am so often finding myself. But, I am an idiot, so what do I know?

Only an idiot wouldn't use the AC when the heat index is 158. I'd kill myself if I didn't have my AC on blast in my truck and at home 24-7.

Was 94 here w a heat index of 105 all day.

Ok, I understand a lot of things, but how is it 158 degrees on the heat index?!

I don't know how the whole system works, but it's read this before. My station is 5' off the ground, shoulder level, in the front yard, no shade, no obstructions, just as it would feel standing there.

So, whats wrong? I made a poll because polls are great

edit: Yes that is accurate for the indoor temp because I have not and likely will not turn the AC on this year. I am managing quite well and it keeps me acclimated to the temperature which I am so often finding myself. But, I am an idiot, so what do I know?

Actually, that's probably a correct calculation. The equation to calculate heat index breaks down at extreme heat and humidity like you're showing (99% humidity at high heat is very rare - air can hold a lot of water vapor at temperatures above 90 or so, so humidity readings above 90% above that temperature are rare.)

The calculation is...complex. But if you're really interested, it's at http://www.srh.noaa.gov/images/ffc/pdf/ta_htindx.PDF.

Actually, that's probably a correct calculation. The equation to calculate heat index breaks down at extreme heat and humidity like you're showing (99% humidity at high heat is very rare - air can hold a lot of water vapor at temperatures above 90 or so, so humidity readings above 90% above that temperature are rare.)

The calculation is...complex. But if you're really interested, it's at http://www.srh.noaa..../ta_htindx.PDF.

So there is a chance my humidity sensor is off? I will look to see if it ever changes and look in to where the device on the unit is if I have to. Or just go to Lowes, buy one, wait a month and return the old one as a new one.

This is the unit.

So there is a chance my humidity sensor is off? I will look to see if it ever changes and look in to where the device on the unit is if I have to. Or just go to Lowes, buy one, wait a month and return the old one as a new one.

This is the unit.

Or you can calibrate it. Read your manual.

Those remote weather stations often break down over time...you can get them at Target or other retailers. They're a diamond dozen.

I see what you did here.

:-)

Or just go to Lowes, buy one, wait a month and return the old one as a new one.[/url]

Would you really do that? Why not go through the maker, Lowes will stick back on the shelf.