"Classic" Song Makes You Wonder Why it Still Receives Air Play

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They're backkkk...

Jefferson Starship - Find Your Way Back:

I know Jefferson Starship can grate on some... But the cheesy older stuff like: Miracles, Runaway, Count on Me (Marty Balin)... Even the above mentioned Find Your Back (Mickey Thomas, a little later into the early 80's)... I am an absolute sucker for. I know naco... But still a sucker!

I know Jefferson Starship can grate on some... But the cheesy older stuff like: Miracles, Runaway, Count on Me (Marty Balin)... Even the above mentioned Find Your Back (Mickey Thomas, a little later into the early 80's)... I am an absolute sucker for. I know naco... But still a sucker!

Isn't 'older Jefferson Starship' a bit of an oxymoron?

LoL... I guess you are right!

Hey... @ least I am batting 1000!

But they did make a change during their Jefferson Starship phase. It's not like change in the band only came @ name change time. ie: Jefferson Airplane, Jefferson Starship, and finally Starship.

;-)

You guys are all too uppidity. Don't you have any cheese in you!

I noticed they play a lot of Pat Benatar: Shadows of the Night... That's a cranking naco tune if there ever was one!

And BTW, who the hell wouldn't! Especially when it comes to the "mile club" up in Midnight Angel! :-)

Edited by ExiledInIllinois

True. When they went separate ways, the Airplane became a Starship and a Hot Tuna.

For a while Hot Tuna opened for Jefferson Starship.

Edited by rockpile

LoL... I guess you are right!

Hey... @ least I am batting 1000!

But they did make a change during their Jefferson Starship phase. It's not like change in the band only came @ name change time. ie: Jefferson Airplane, Jefferson Starship, and finally Starship.

;-)

You guys are all too uppidity. Don't you have any cheese in you!

:lol:

Ok, I'll admit it. I had the Starship greatest hits CD.

• 2 weeks later...

True. When they went separate ways, the Airplane became a Starship and a Hot Tuna.

For a while Hot Tuna opened for Jefferson Starship.

Hot Tuna= awesome. Even the two man version. casady is the only bass player I ever saw live that broke 2 strings on an electric bass on consecutive tunes in one gig. if he wants he can thump it. Also, His acoustic bass playing at times was/is off the charts. As for Jorma he is simply an American legend. Long Live Hot Tuna.

RIP Papa John Creach

As for the Startship, well I would take the old crooner Tony Bennett over 99.99% of their dribble.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

The Aersosmith version of Come Together. It isn't a bad cover at all, but Aerosmith didn't do anything special with it that the Beatles didn't already do. It's like like Cocker's version of A Little Help From My Friends where he made it a completely different song. Or Tina Turner/CCRs Proud Mary. Or Dylan/Hendrix Watchtower, where they changed the whole song and they both have their own merits. Aerosmith just did a straight cover of a good song.