"Classic" Song Makes You Wonder Why it Still Receives Air Play

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Beth by KISS. Although there is a great spoof video out there, I just can't post it right now.

I am a huge make-up era KISS fan. The Beth spoof video is pure genius. One of the best in youtube history, IMO.

I love Beth.

Me too. It was a huge part of the phenomenal marketing done by Gene Simmons. A well-timed rock ballad can be a big boost for a rock band. Yes ... many times those rock ballads are considered (rightfully so, IMO) as sell-outs (Police - Every Breath You Take; Green Day - When September Ends; Scorpions - Wind of Change; Led Zeppelin - All of My Love), but they are money machines. Beth is a legitimately great tune!!

It's funny how people are listing bands vs individual songs. Pretty much every band you've all listed I bet if you went through their complete collection there would be plenty of songs you not only like but might just love.

It's funny how people are listing bands vs individual songs. Pretty much every band you've all listed I bet if you went through their complete collection there would be plenty of songs you not only like but might just love.

Unless JBoyst lists a band. That band will simply suck.

but with few exceptions, it's the same songs from a particular band that get airplay. and it's not a function of how long the songs have been out. it's how often it's been played in a set time frame.

but with few exceptions, it's the same songs from a particular band that get airplay. and it's not a function of how long the songs have been out. it's how often it's been played in a set time frame.

Then list that particular song instead of the band. Unless of course you don't know how to read the thread topic.

Then list that particular song instead of the band. Unless of course you don't know how to read the thread topic.

demanding much? but i'll oblige:

more than a feeling

don't look back

peace of mind

spirit of the radio

closer to the heart

roll with the changes

say you love me or say goodnight

keep on lovin you

and anything by america but especially horse with no name

demanding much? but i'll oblige:

more than a feeling

don't look back

peace of mind

spirit of the radio

closer to the heart

roll with the changes

say you love me or say goodnight

keep on lovin you

and anything by america but especially horse with no name

Oh sorry I was just suggesting you (and others) be specific with regard to songs seeing that is what the OP posted in the title.

So every song by America receives airplay? You're not very good at this.

Oh sorry I was just suggesting you (and others) be specific with regard to songs seeing that is what the OP posted in the title.

So every song by America receives airplay? You're not very good at this.

2 or 3 chord monotone songs with da dum da dum tempo are not very good. so i'm standing by it.

I LOVE Sister Golden Hair!!

And, Gugny - yes to this! - "Beth is a legitimately great tune!!"

Sister Golden Hair is also one of my favorite tunes of all time.