Sabres draft?

bbb

So, Reinhart is like Patrick Kane, and the other Sam is like Doug Gilmour, except that he can't do a pullup.

I think Reinhart sounds better, with this info.

I know, that is absolutely insane isn't it?

I know, that is absolutely insane isn't it?

On the flip side, I'm thinking it means there's a lot of room for improvement on his strength!

You know bbb, I am going to have to crap all over this thread and say: "hockey sucks." Just because.

;-P ;-P

J/K (I better start writing this, or I will be taken seriously).

Let's go into that NBA draft thread and say basketball sucks, too!

Yeah, well there goes that plan!

I heard about this a few months ago, then Murray said it's not going to happen.

And, then all of a sudden it does today.

Still not sure on what the changes are, but it doesn't sound good for us...........I was so mad that the goal was to tank for two years, so I don't blame the NHL for this. But, now that we are halfway through, it'll really suck if we don't get a top two pick next year.

Yeah, well there goes that plan!

I heard about this a few months ago, then Murray said it's not going to happen.

And, then all of a sudden it does today.

Still not sure on what the changes are, but it doesn't sound good for us...........I was so mad that the goal was to tank for two years, so I don't blame the NHL for this. But, now that we are halfway through, it'll really suck if we don't get a top two pick next year.

Yeah, the article by ESPN really blows... Can anybody write worse than me? Apparently somebody is and making big bucks @ ESPN, and here I sit on a foggy lockwall making chump change! LoL... :doh:

Yeah, the article by ESPN really blows... Can anybody write worse than me? Apparently somebody is and making big bucks @ ESPN, and here I sit on a foggy lockwall making chump change! LoL... :doh:

Buffalo News article on it. Now here it says 2016 would be the start? I hope that's right and not a typo!

http://blogs.buffalonews.com/sabres/2014/06/source-nhl-plans-to-make-two-changes-to-draft-lottery-including-increasing-number-of-picks-determine.html

What I'm reading suggests the "compression of odds" may go into effect next year, but the change that would really screw the Sabres (more lottery selections) won't go into effect until 2016.

Still, it's an exciting time to be a Sabres fan. They won't be good this year, but look what they're building and the opportunities they'll have.

I've heard Reinhart/ Patrick Kane comparisons. Patient, intelligent center who is not too flashy but makes plays and makes players around him better. I'd take that.

I've heard Reinhart compared to Toews quite a bit but never Kane. Reinhart isn't flashy or explosive like Kane. More of a thinking man's player.

I've heard Reinhart compared to Toews quite a bit but never Kane. Reinhart isn't flashy or explosive like Kane. More of a thinking man's player.

You're right...I meant to say Toews not Kane. Sam Bennett is built more in tho mold of Kane if I understand correctly. I still say Reinhart is the pick.

You're right...I meant to say Toews not Kane. Sam Bennett is built more in tho mold of Kane if I understand correctly. I still say Reinhart is the pick.

I haven't posted who I want them to pick in any forum as I don't want to create any bad JuJu.

No one really knows what the potential changes are as of right now so let's not rush to the cliff quite yet. It's just a likely that our Islander's pick next season can have a better chance of being higher with these changes (as well as the Blues if they can't get into the playoffs in a very, very tough western conference but they probably still will). Who knows, maybe the Islanders pick will turn into McDavid because of this change. Just never know.