My boss is a Bears fan and has already started talking smack...

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Both are question marks at this point.

The offense looked better with McCown, though I understand not going with him as the long-term starter. Cutler is prone to INTs but the Bills D plays better at home. I do like that Schwartz has the familiarity with the Bears offense and has had success defending it. Their defense should be improved but it was so bad last year it was hard not to improve, talent-wise. They kept their DC though. Game 1 is always so hard to gauge... EJ looked fairly sharp in Game 1 last year but then again he was at home. He has certainly struggled on the road, but unless their D makes big strides in TC I hope we can do enough to win - i.e. run the ball and keep their offense off the field.

It wasn't just EJ that struggled on the road, as the Bills biggest loses were on the road. That first game against the Jets 8 sacks, and Spiller had 10 rushes for 9 yards. Along with the Steeler, Buc's games all really stand out to me as that Bills O line just getting pushed back all over the field, and allowing so much pressure. With a new RT, LG, and more possible upgrades on that line that should help so much this season IMO. I'm really looking forward to seeing what that line looks like with the new upgrades.

Road games are always tough. Key is get a good start and take the crowd out of the game. If we fall behind, we're in trouble. But I could just as easy see this guy throw 5 INTs and then have a meltdown on the sideline:

tumblr_mqij99KQJZ1rge9rdo1_500.gif

Edited by C.Biscuit97

I live in Chicago and nobody around here seems to be taking the game seriously. I listened to Waddle & Silvy (local ESPN Radio show) say Buffalo is the best possible draw to get the Bears season off to a great start – an automatic win at home.

It’s tough but I’m keeping my mouth shut, because if I tell local fans to get ready for our blitzing defense, relentless ground game, and exciting young QB and receivers, these guys will literally laugh in my face. At that point I would have to either headbutt them in the face or walk away, and neither is a good option so I’m just going to wait and see what happens Week 1.

I live in Chicago and nobody around here seems to be taking the game seriously. I listened to Waddle & Silvy (local ESPN Radio show) say Buffalo is the best possible draw to get the Bears season off to a great start – an automatic win at home.

It’s tough but I’m keeping my mouth shut, because if I tell local fans to get ready for our blitzing defense, relentless ground game, and exciting young QB and receivers, these guys will literally laugh in my face. At that point I would have to either headbutt them in the face or walk away, and neither is a good option so I’m just going to wait and see what happens Week 1.

I mean we're the Bills so nobody takes us seriously right now. but the idea that a 8-8 team can look down their nose at a 6-10 one is funny to me. Especially with the 30th ranked defense.

"DaBears" is a state of mind.

This is so true. No fans have a more delusional sense of their team's prowess. It cracks me up every year when they meltdown and everyone is so shocked. At least we are hopeful but half expect to flame out along the way.

This is so true. No fans have a more delusional sense of their team's prowess. It cracks me up every year when they meltdown and everyone is so shocked. At least we are hopeful but half expect to flame out along the way.

Jets' fans are pretty deluisonal in their own right.

Brandon Marshall has eaten the Bills alive in past encounters.......wondering if they can stop him this time.....I will believe it when I see it. Then we will find out if Gilmore is really a shut down corner. I am thinking he can't contain Marshall, at least, I have not seen that from him as of yet. Year 3 now, gilmore has to show his bonifides as CB by doing this kind of thing, or, its journeyman status, and no bills renewal for him. The current regime did not draft him, so there is no ownership in his presence on the team.

Brandon Marshall has eaten the Bills alive in past encounters.......wondering if they can stop him this time.....I will believe it when I see it. Then we will find out if Gilmore is really a shut down corner. I am thinking he can't contain Marshall, at least, I have not seen that from him as of yet. Year 3 now, gilmore has to show his bonifides as CB by doing this kind of thing, or, its journeyman status, and no bills renewal for him. The current regime did not draft him, so there is no ownership in his presence on the team.

Here's to hoping our secondary makes it through TC and preseason unscathed. I've been having nightmares of Jeffery and Marshall since the schedule was released.

Anyone know if their O-line is any good?

I think this is really an ideal opener for the Bills:

-- on the road (avoids any home opener hoopla, keeps team focused)

-- Bears have significant questions on defense (great for an offense looking to start quickly)

-- Bears possibly looking ahead to W2 game at 49ers (their fans certainly are)

-- Schwartz may give Bills an edge having faced Bears twice last season

-- non-conference game

This will be the first game since Ralph Wilson past away, I am sure the team will be up for the game. The Bills might even have a new owner by then also. The Bears weakness last year was there run defense, which is one of the Bills strengths. It won't be easy but the motivation, new talent on the roster, and match ups lead me to believe the Bills will win on last minute Carpenter FG, 23-21.

FWIW the last time the Bills played Marshall when he was still in Miami in 2011 he had 1 catch for 5 yards in 1 game, and 3 catches for 84 yards in the other. Not sure I'd call that eating the Bills alive, but, regardless, the only guys still in the secondary are Aaron Williams at a different position and McKelvin who wasn't even listed as having played in the 3-catch game (not sure about the other, didn't research too closely).... plus obviously a new DC. Marshall is clearly a very good WR, but not sure how much we can glean from previous matchups. Edited by YoloinOhio

As a Bills fan, I've found I have to stay humble and never defend my team when people talk **** haha. We just have no room to partake in friendly banter with 14 years of failure. :(

Yeah, I basically seethe silently because I have to... but all the while mentally picture Smokin Jay Cutler getting effing drilled.

Here's to hoping our secondary makes it through TC and preseason unscathed. I've been having nightmares of Jeffery and Marshall since the schedule was released.

Anyone know if their O-line is any good?

In 2012 the OL was really awful. I think it was much better last year, from what I recall.

I'll be there. This will be a tough one for the Bills. I'd be more confident if the game were later in the season after the Bills and coaches had more experience with each other. Bears by 13.

I live in Chicago and have to hear about the Bears ad nauseam. I'll

be at the game had will be donning my Bills wear at work the whole week before and hopefully the week after too

If you haven't already, register here to receive updates on the events of week one: http://goo.gl/2lz2Ez (we have 155 people on our list now)

We're (The Chicago Bills Backers) finalizing plans right now for a Saturday night party, and might be putting something together for game day, too.

I think this is really an ideal opener for the Bills:

-- on the road (avoids any home opener hoopla, keeps team focused)

-- Bears have significant questions on defense (great for an offense looking to start quickly)

-- Bears possibly looking ahead to W2 game at 49ers (their fans certainly are)

-- Schwartz may give Bills an edge having faced Bears twice last season

-- non-conference game

I have definitely noticed this as well. My boss didn't even know they were playing the Bills week 1 until I told him (real die hard, huh?)... he said he thought it was some team "like the Browns". If he wasn't my boss I'd have ripped him a new one for not realizing they wouldn't be scheduled to play the AFC North two years in a row. He is obnoxious and thinks they are going to the SB. Really. Edited by YoloinOhio

I have definitely noticed this as well. My boss didn't even know they were playing the Bills week 1 until I told him (real die hard, huh?)... he said he thought it was some team "like the Browns". If he wasn't my boss I'd have ripped him a new one for not realizing they wouldn't be scheduled to play the AFC North two years in a row. He is obnoxious and thinks they are going to the SB. Really.

Now slow down. The Bears offense is good enough to make a Super Bowl run. Their defense, on the other hand, is a SERIOUS question mark.

Now slow down. The Bears offense is good enough to make a Super Bowl run. Their defense, on the other hand, is a SERIOUS question mark.

It is, but, Cutler has been injury prone and now they have no one behind him. His backups are Jimmy Claussen and Jordan Palmer. Also need to wonder if he will regress at all now that he has been paid.

Regarding the Bears D:

Game notes from the Lions-Bears series last year:

Both of Reggie Bush's 100-yard rushing games this season have come against the Bears and he's done his damage up the middle. On Sunday, Bush rushed for 85 yards on 10 carries up the middle. In two games against Chicago, he's averaged 9.0 yards per rush up the middle compared to just 4.1 yards in all other games.

Interesting, considering Bush is not a back I would generally run up the middle.

Also, Cutler's QBR in the 1st Lions game was 36.6. He had 3 INTs and was sacked 3 times.

Edited by YoloinOhio