My boss is a Bears fan and has already started talking smack...

It is going to be a looong summer. He just inherited our team a couple months ago and recently we started talking sports. He is a die-hard Chicago sports fan and was going on and on about the Blackhawks being a dynasty (before they lost) and won't shut up about Cutler throwing for 5000 this year and Marshall/Jeffery being the best WR tandem in the NFL (he's probably right about that).... he followed it up by, on a team call today in which I learned one of the guys on the blended team is a Pats* fan, said to him that the Pats* automatically get 6 W's a yr in the AFCE and the Bills are terrible, etc.etc. I was silent, because I can't say anything about the Bills. No smack. How I wish that could change someday.

The list of things I would give up to beat the Bears in Chicago week 1 and make him shut up is veeery long. (he doesn't know anything about the Bills except for Sammy)

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here is something to chew on...

The Bears 6 in the first 9 games are on the road

Week 1 vs. Bills

Week 2 @ 49ers

Week 3 @ Jets

Week 4 vs. Packers

Week 5 @ Panthers

Week 6 @ Falcons

Week 7 vs. Miami

Week 8 @ New England

Week 9 BYE

Week 10 @ Green Bay

That is a rough schedule. Back to back road games are tough on the players and coaches.

If they come out sluggish, the 2014 Bears could be one of the worst teams. Overall, there season could be based on what they accomplish within the first 8 weeks.

*Odds are New England will have the Bears playbook by week 8.

I have them picking in the top 15 in my 2015 mock.

Edited by KollegeStudnet

He expects the bears to come into our stadium and WIN?

Thats not gonna happen

Nah, we open up there. I wish they were coming to RWS. I was just saying in the Shoutbox last night that it would be outstanding if our DL knocked out Va-Jay-Jay Cutler early on and we got his new backup, who is none other than Jimmy Claussen, for the remainder of the game.

That's what stinks: 14 years of futility makes us all door mats. Nothing you can say except to take it on the chin.

Yep. Someday, hopefully...

My daughter's boyfriend grew up in Chicago and is a Bears fan, but he knows better than to talk smack. I'm still debating whether to even allow him over on week 1 to watch the game.

Absolutely. It's a win win for you. He knows better than to say anything if the bears win and you can rub it in his face if the bills win.

My brother-in-law is a big Bears fan and season ticket holder, but not a smack talker. He appreciates my loyalty to the Bills and we both make a decent effort to know a bit about the other team. I'll be there for the opener with him, but I'd be lying if I said I didn't really, really (really) want the Bills to take that game. Badly.

I'm really hoping Schwartz is just itching to stick it to the Bears offense.

take a **** on his desk.

Week 1 vs. Bills Push

Week 2 @ 49ers L

Week 3 @ Jets W

Week 4 vs. Packers L

Week 5 @ Panthers W

Week 6 @ Falcons W

Week 7 vs. Miami W

Week 8 @ New England W

Week 9 BYE

Week 10 @ Green Bay L

5-3-1

I work with a group of people from all over the US. Bears fans have begun the smack talk here too. Crushing tales of 50-0, crap like that. Never one to lay idle, I calmly dissect there foolhardiness, quoting knowledgable facts I learned here.

An example:

'Yeah, you guys added a few pieces on D in the off season, but you HAD to! Not only was your defense ranked righteously at 30th, it was the All-Time worst defensive performance in team history! If I'm not mistaken, you now have 7 players on defense with 12 or more years in the League. That's not experience, that's geriatric! Buffalo's league-leading team speed will gouge these fossils, forcing your girly-man QB to throw every down in a feeble attempt to make the score seem better in front of your silenced crowd. This, of course, will allow our ferocious defense to pin their ears back and knock your pantywaist QB outta the game, in front of his mother.

Your team is paper thin and coming off the heels of a tragically terrible season. We, on the other hand, LOVE playing openers on the road. Just ask the Chiefs..'

Of course, someone will be eating crow while the others crow the following Monday. Whatev. By Tuesday it'll be all about the Week 2 opponent!

God, I love this game!

This is a game the Bills should lose on paper.

It's a tough way to start the season, the Bears are a strong team.

So the Bills have an opportunity to make a statement in Week 1 and on the road.

This will be a real test for Manuel, as the Bears defense will be coming after him.

The Bears WR's against our secondary will be quite a test.

It is going to be a looong summer. He just inherited our team a couple months ago and recently we started talking sports. He is a die-hard Chicago sports fan and was going on and on about the Blackhawks being a dynasty (before they lost) and won't shut up about Cutler throwing for 5000 this year and Marshall/Jeffery being the best WR tandem in the NFL (he's probably right about that).... he followed it up by, on a team call today in which I learned one of the guys on the blended team is a Pats* fan, said to him that the Pats* automatically get 6 W's a yr in the AFCE and the Bills are terrible, etc.etc. I was silent, because I can't say anything about the Bills. No smack. How I wish that could change someday.

The list of things I would give up to beat the Bears in Chicago week 1 and make him shut up is veeery long. (he doesn't know anything about the Bills except for Sammy)

Show him this... http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/2014/06/24/power-rankings-rating-the-likability-of-every-nfl-franchise