It's on like a mofo: NBA edition...Lebron opts out of Miami

Buftex

• Replies 279
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Chris Sheridan (formerly of the AP and ESPN) reporting on his blog that it's a done deal. LeBron to Cleveland. 4 years ago he predicted LeBron to Heat pretty much before anyone else. This looks legit! Yahoo has picked it up as well.

http://www.sheridanhoops.com/2014/07/10/sheridans-top-25-free-agents-july-10-edition-lebron-going-to-cleveland/

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/2-nba-insiders-hearing-lebron-135700439.html

Man. It must be good to be a Cleveland fan right now. The middle of the off season for football = lots of hope. NBA free agency = drama, hope and a douche bag. tOSU hasn't had any big injuries.

That'll all change once reality sets in that its still Cleveland and just like Buffalo there is only dark and doom days ahead.

Man. It must be good to be a Cleveland fan right now. The middle of the off season for football = lots of hope. NBA free agency = drama, hope and a douche bag. tOSU hasn't had any big injuries.

That'll all change once reality sets in that its still Cleveland and just like Buffalo there is only dark and doom days ahead.

And you just said in the UB turf thread that you aren't a Negative Nancy. I'm really starting to see a pattern here bud.

Only a cocaine charge for Tracy Sprinkle.

And you just said in the UB turf thread that you aren't a Negative Nancy. I'm really starting to see a pattern here bud.

I'm really not. It is just until we change our history or at least move on a little we cannot really get ahead of ourselves with hope.

I'm really not. It is just until we change our history or at least move on a little we cannot really get ahead of ourselves with hope.

Understood. Had a bit of an argument with a buddy of mine over this a month or so ago. I said to him, "if you're not going to have hope now, then when are you? We'll have all October, November, December, and January to be negative!" Surprisingly, I think it actually changed his tune a bit (for now at least).

Edited by Mark80

I'm not an NBA fan so let me ask this of the experts here: Would LeBron James really let Cleveland get its hopes up this much only to break their hearts again?? I can't believe any high profile athlete would do that to their hometown twice.

I'm not an NBA fan so let me ask this of the experts here: Would LeBron James really let Cleveland get its hopes up this much only to break their hearts again?? I can't believe any high profile athlete would do that to their hometown twice.

What has he done to get their hopes up? It's been all assumption and innuendo on the part of the media really. All he has done is have his rep meet with the Cavs. That's it. I really think if he was staying in Miami he would have stated so already but on the flip side, if he's already made a decision at all, then why hasn't he said so already? Could he actually still be deciding? Is he waiting on a commitment from the Cavs that they have a deal in place for say Love? Is he waiting on a commitment from someone else (Carmelo out of nowhere?) to go somewhere else? It's crazy, anything could go down. I'm still thinking the Cavs though.

Cavs forums are reading like the Mario Williams thread right now, it's great!

Edited by Mark80

To be fair, he has not said a word. It has been all media speculation. However, he is coming back. It won't matter. He met with Riley last night and just couldn't tell him for sure because he convinced him to give it more time even though his mind was made up. I think his mind will not change and he is returning.