It's on like a mofo: NBA edition...Lebron opts out of Miami

Buftex

This is the kind of stuff that irks me about LeBron. The Heat have to make a push to get Shabazz Napier (of all players), so that LeBron will come back.

Did you ever hear guys like Jordan do things like that?..... "I demand that you draft BJ Armstrong!!"

http://espn.go.com/n...ck-lebron-james

Just because you didn't hear about it, doesn't mean it didn't happen with MJ. I can pretty much guarantee you that with the history of the PIstons v Bulls Michael was approached about bringing Rodman to the Bulls. We just get way too much info these days with the sports paparrazish media and social medial.

• Replies 279
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

you are right, but also where in that article does it say that he is 'demanding' that to stay, all it says is both he and pat riley are very high on napier, and for very good reason. Lebron simply has a bullseye on his back that he is never going to be able to shed

Just because you didn't hear about it, doesn't mean it didn't happen with MJ. I can pretty much guarantee you that with the history of the PIstons v Bulls Michael was approached about bringing Rodman to the Bulls. We just get way too much info these days with the sports paparrazish media and social medial.

This is the kind of stuff that irks me about LeBron. The Heat have to make a push to get Shabazz Napier (of all players), so that LeBron will come back.

Did you ever hear guys like Jordan do things like that?..... "I demand that you draft BJ Armstrong!!"

http://espn.go.com/nba/truehoop/miamiheat/story/_/id/11133418/2014-nba-draft-miami-heat-chasing-shabazz-napier-attempt-lure-back-lebron-james

It's why I hate him as well. He told the cavs to bring in Antawn Jamison among others then complains about the team around him.

Lebum.

Edited by Ryan L Billz

It's why I hate him as well. He told the cavs to bring in Antawn Jamison among others then complains about the team around him.

Lebum.

That is the key to what irked me most about LeBrons departure from Cleveland, just beyond the way he went aobut it. The mantra, from his defenders was that Cleveland didn't do anything to build a team around him..but that was BS. They added a lot of parts....there are no gurantees that those things will work though. He and Bosch signing in Miami, adding them to Wade (who wasn't so old at the time) was about as close to "buying a championship" as you could get...and that didn't even happen their first season together. People could point to the 2008 Celtics adding Garnett and Ray Allen..but that was much further from a "sure thing". None of those guys were in their prime, and Pierce was not a "superstar" in the Wade class...

Was reading this am about how Lebron wants Napier and is basically the GM now.

But it's really on like a mofo in Dallas where champion Tyson Chandler has returned and allegedly is recruiting Carmelo as well.

SHOW ME THE MONEY !!!

It is on like a mofo in Dallas... now that your boy Dirk decided to beg LeBron to come make him relevant again.

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/news/dirk-nowitzki--lebron-james-can-have--keys-to-dallas-040152421.html

Edited by KikoSeeBallKikoGetBall

That is the key to what irked me most about LeBrons departure from Cleveland, just beyond the way he went aobut it. The mantra, from his defenders was that Cleveland didn't do anything to build a team around him..but that was BS. They added a lot of parts....there are no gurantees that those things will work though. He and Bosch signing in Miami, adding them to Wade (who wasn't so old at the time) was about as close to "buying a championship" as you could get...and that didn't even happen their first season together. People could point to the 2008 Celtics adding Garnett and Ray Allen..but that was much further from a "sure thing". None of those guys were in their prime, and Pierce was not a "superstar" in the Wade class...

It was just a fake team. Every other team in NBA history was built intrinsically, even that Celtics team. The problem the Heat have is that their team was manufactured, basically through collusion by 3 guys that gamed the system.

There is nothing wrong or illegal re doing what the Heat did. The problem, however, is that by building the team the way they did, no one is really going to remember them. They have an immature fan base, and they have no real shared history, which is what makes teams and players more memorable and fans more passionate.

Kinda reminds me of those Marlins' teams that were built up into winners and then imploded-- though even those teams were built, in part, by some young stars in their farm system.

But it's really on like a mofo in Dallas where champion Tyson Chandler has returned and allegedly is recruiting Carmelo as well.

SHOW ME THE MONEY !!!

I think it's on like a mofo in Houston and Chicago too. My favorites to land him in order right now: Heat, Cavs, Houston, Chicago, LAC. I think Dirk's age scares him away from Dallas. Carmelo, that's a different story there though.

Edited by Mark80

SHOW ME THE MONEY !!!

I thought that was an awful trade for the Mavs. Felton is fat trash and Chandler is declining rapidly. I really like both of the Gs the Mavs gave up. and why do people think Melo is so good? He's a ballhog who does not make his teammates better. Putting him with another ballhog in Ellis is a bad move IMO.

And when you bring as much money as Lebron does, you can do whatever you want. He's not a businessman. He's a business, man.

Lebum.

I hated the way LeBron left Cleveland but those Cavs teams were hot garbage. They were the worst team in the NBA the year after he left.

I love the NBA. Mark Cuban lets Tyson Chandler walk away for nothing. 3 years later (3 year's of wear & tear added to Chandler's body) he trades 4 players and 2 draft picks to get him back.

!@#$ing maroon.

Perfect example of just because you're a good businessman, doesn't make you a smart sports owner (Donald Trump). I do like Cuban and he's got his title, but he makes some strange moves.

It is on like a mofo in Dallas... now that your boy Dirk decided to beg LeBron to come make him relevant again.

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/news/dirk-nowitzki--lebron-james-can-have--keys-to-dallas-040152421.html

Relevant again ? Dirk pooped on the big 3 and made Bosh his lady in the finals.

Took spurs to 7 games this year FTR. Gotta think with Chandler coulda won.

Dirk doesn't beg or chase rings. He's a mensch.

and why do people think Melo is so good? He's a ballhog who does not make his teammates better. Putting him with another ballhog in Ellis is a bad move IMO.

And when you bring as much money as Lebron does, you can do whatever you want. He's not a businessman. He's a business, man.

Ellis is a changed man under Rick Carlisle. Ellis was amazing and almost beat the spurs as Dirk really didn't do much vs Splitter for some reason. I love Melo, he puts the ball in the hoop and is an underrated rebounder IMO.

Was absolutely lights out for team USA when not surrounded by scrubs.

Relevant again ? Dirk pooped on the big 3 and made Bosh his lady in the finals.

Took spurs to 7 games this year FTR. Gotta think with Chandler coulda won.

Dirk doesn't beg or chase rings. He's a mensch.

Ellis is a changed man under Rick Carlisle. Ellis was amazing and almost beat the spurs as Dirk really didn't do much vs Splitter for some reason. I love Melo, he puts the ball in the hoop and is an underrated rebounder IMO.

Was absolutely lights out for team USA when not surrounded by scrubs.

I don't know man. I think Melo is so overrated and this is coming from a Cuse fan. He plays the type of basketball I hate. Back in, run down the clock, take a long jumper. I also hate volume shooters. Hate on LeBron all you want, but he makes teammates better. Melo averages less than 7 rebounds and basically has as many assists to turnovers (3). Plus, he's a lazy defender.

You're right he played on garbage Knicks team but not making the playoffs in the East last year if you're a superstar is terrible. That was one of the worst conferences ever. The Mavs have some good talent so he could fit in but personally, I won't want Melo.

I don't know man. I think Melo is so overrated and this is coming from a Cuse fan. He plays the type of basketball I hate. Back in, run down the clock, take a long jumper. I also hate volume shooters. Hate on LeBron all you want, but he makes teammates better. Melo averages less than 7 rebounds and basically has as many assists to turnovers (3). Plus, he's a lazy defender.

You're right he played on garbage Knicks team but not making the playoffs in the East last year if you're a superstar is terrible. That was one of the worst conferences ever. The Mavs have some good talent so he could fit in but personally, I won't want Melo.

What separates good players from great players IMO. Yeah he can score, but that's about it.

I think melo is a victim of his circumstances. If you put him on a team with another scorer, he won't be a volume shooter, and can probably have the ability to focus on those other things.

Melo has been a volume scorer because no one else can score.

I think melo is a victim of his circumstances. If you put him on a team with another scorer, he won't be a volume shooter, and can probably have the ability to focus on those other things.

Melo has been a volume scorer because no one else can score.

Agree Melo is an amazing player who's getting crapped on lately because the Knicks are bad.

Let melo come to dallas or chicago and his critics will be go away.

Just watch any of the team USA games where he was brilliant. Best mid range jumper in the game IMO.

Wade and Bosh opted out today.

So all the LeBron haters saying he was bailing I guess are wrong....prolly all 3 taking way less than they could to keep team together. How we would proclaim sainthood for any players that did that in Buffalo.

But alas, he had a lapse in judgement for one minute in his life, he is different than us, he must be a greedy, me first athlete.