Bills officially for sale - let the bidding begin!

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Presuming the Trust and the NFL do the right thing, Terry and Kim Pegula will be the new owners of the Buffalo Bills, and we will never have to worry about the team moving out of WNY again.

And they should have streets named after themselves and their grandchildren.

Seriously. This is civic philanthropy on a massive level when put into context. Pretty awesome if they do get the team.

And they should have streets named after themselves and their grandchildren.

Seriously. This is civic philanthropy on a massive level when put into context. Pretty awesome if they do get the team.

Hopefully Brown got the key to the city back from TO so he can give it to TP.

If this works out, I think the Bills should have Ralph's initials on their uniforms, like the Bears have Halas':

j9ep63zzunnq2lpgzbdv.gif

It pales in comparison to what this thread is about, but he doesn't sound that hopeful about EJ. I finally listened today to the Dameshek podcast interview, and again felt like EJ is such a great guy.................He seems to have everything - but accuracy!

They will

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/10902759/buffalo-bills-honor-ralph-c-wilson-late-owner-jersey-patches

Only 3 bids? LOL Of course, there can only be 1 owner, but still...talk was there were a dozen or two billionaires standing behind trees waiting to bid.

This is great news for us. There was always the outside chance that someone with more money than god would swoop in and offer a ridiculous amount of money and do with the team whatever they wanted. Hopefully Golisano is wrong about having more time to enter bids and this is the only bids there will be. 1 of the bids is Trump so we can dismiss his lowball (I'd guess $800 mil). It's probably Toronto at $1 BIL and Pegula at $1.1 BIL

i know nothing about how this "auction" works. but the 5pm deadline yesterday i heard was for preliminary bids and intent to bid.

Take it as the equivalent of signing up with the necessary cash for a Mecchum car auction. In other words you need to be vetted and prove you got the monies.

Strategy like Pegs bidding as some rumors say bidding up to 1.3bil. Would be made to scare off and eliminate the lightweights

basically he is saying I got buying power here. i don't believe that this is a single bid auction. it wouldn't make sense for the sellers.

Thats my take this AM anyways.

What happened to the 16 possible bidders? They could not have known pegs would come in so high off the bat because of the NDA, correct? Or did they- since it seemed trump knew he wouldn't win even before he bid because of pegs going over a billion?

@BuffRumblings: We've collected all the ownership news you need and distilled it into this post. Must-read this morning. http://t.co/D9o0yajj47

I'm not trying to be negative, but if Pegs put in a bid for $1.3B ($400M above appraised value) than what's to say the Toronto bid doesn't do the same and go $400M over their $1.5B value in Toronto? If this were to happen it would double the cost of the team if they were to remain in Buffalo. Would Pegs go that high in bidding if need be?

I'm not trying to be negative, but if Pegs put in a bid for $1.3B ($400M above appraised value) than what's to say the Toronto bid doesn't do the same and go $400M over their $1.5B value in Toronto? If this were to happen it would double the cost of the team if they were to remain in Buffalo. Would Pegs go that high in bidding if need be?

BJ is the controlling owner of the Toronto group and his net worth is reportedly ~$300M. Pegs' bid of $1.3B is over 3 times BJ's net worth, which knocks BJ out.

BJ is the controlling owner of the Toronto group and his net worth is reportedly ~$300M. Pegs' bid of $1.3B is over 3 times BJ's net worth, which knocks BJ out.

Man, I hope so. Pegs is the man! I love that guy! If he wins the bid I'm getting season tickets even though I live in Miami.

Maybe Pegula pulled a Larry Bird at the 3 point contest, and called up all the prospective owners and asked which one of you mofo's is coming in 2nd place? Joking aside, if there are only 3 bidders, perhaps Morgan Stanley put out word that a deal is essentially done with Pegula and it will take a huge bid plus a huge commitment to WNY for Pegula to be beat.

If Jon Bon Jovi is going to be the controlling owner then he would need to plop down $500 million if the bidding were to go to $1.5 BIL. I doubt he has that much CASH. He's only valued at $300 million and maybe he is worth a little more but I doubt that is liquid. If Pegula is already at 1.3 then I'd assume it's all but a done deal at this point unless something changes (maybe Rogers would be the controlling owner and JBJ just the "face" of the owner group?)

The Toronto group doesn't even have $1.5 billion.

3. DO THEY HAVE THE MONEY?

In breaking the news last Friday that the Toronto trio have roughly equal one-third investment stakes in their bid, I reported that Bon Jovi “is worth much more than has been reported or is believed by financial experts, and similarly is more cash flush than people realize.”

Two other sources have backed that up.

One claims Bon Jovi’s net worth instead of being $300 million, as Forbes reported last year, actually is closer to $500 million, And that Tanenbaum is worth considerably more than the $1.2 billion attributed to him last fall by Canadian Business magazine; he’s worth closer to $2 billion, the source says.

What’s more, the Rogers family finances are even more complicated than we reported last week. Edward, his three sisters and mother do not alone control their reported $7.6-billion fortune. Instead a trust oversees it, which includes Toronto business people. Sizeable chunks of cash outlays must be approved by that trust. Which might well be why Edward could not bid alone.

So, the big question: Does the trio have the money to win the bid?

Yes, sources say, up to and probably a bit over a $1-billion sale price.

But at some point soon thereafter, especially if the sale price approaches $1.5 billion, they’ll be out.

http://blogs.canoe.ca/krykslants/