Bills officially for sale - let the bidding begin!

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I want to know why Golisano didn't bid. Did Pegula scare him off and he figured his bid would be pointless?

Or is he hanging in the shadows in case Pegula wants him on board for a 20% ownership stake if the Canadians make this ugly with a ridiculous offer?

Golisano was a last resort. If Pegs weren't around, he'd have bid.

I want to know why Golisano didn't bid. Did Pegula scare him off and he figured his bid would be pointless?

Or is he hanging in the shadows in case Pegula wants him on board for a 20% ownership stake if the Canadians make this ugly with a ridiculous offer?

http://www.buffalonews.com/sports/bills-nfl/where-is-golisano-in-bills-bidding-20140729

I will say again, the higher the bidding, the more impossible it will be for anyone to keep a straight face when the Toronto group says they want to keep the team in Buffalo.

Not necessarily. The better RoI may still be buying & keeping the team at RWS rather than buying & building a brand new stadium in TO.

That would be hard to believe long term.

They would have to hit a home run with the stadium economics by having near full year events. TO could support a facility like Jerry's palace, but in this case it would be going head to head with the Dome for the non-football events.