Bills officially for sale - let the bidding begin!

In the (unlikely) event that Golisano and Pegula back out or fail, watch how quickly everyone would throw support behind Trump. If he bought the team to prevent them moving, he would be hailed as a savior. There would be fans wearing Trump hairpieces at games.

It would be the new logo no?

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In the (unlikely) event that Golisano and Pegula back out or fail, watch how quickly everyone would throw support behind Trump. If he bought the team to prevent them moving, he would be hailed as a savior. There would be fans wearing Trump hairpieces at games.

I think that there are still other more viable candidates that would also keep the team. Trump is pretty far down my list. If he is the last resort -fine but I do not see that happening.

Personality aside (which is a big thing to set aside), Trump made his money largely through heavily leveraged investments in real estate--debt financing, including junk bonds for some projects. (Before leveraging his celebrity status in more recent years.) He became a gazillionaire by looking for properties he could turn around without a lot of his own cash. You cannot do this in the NFL. The max debt rules prevent this. His success in these ventures doesn't really transfer to the NFL and I think the owners would see this as another knock against him.

And then there's that personality...

kj

I think that there are still other more viable candidates that would also keep the team. Trump is pretty far down my list. If he is the last resort -fine but I do not see that happening.

Curious what you mean by "more viable"?

Curious what you mean by "more viable"?

Someone who doesn't conduct his business through the media perhaps? :rolleyes:

That link from Beerball is interesting. Basically the Bills are #20 in the NFL for revenue. I'd love to know who's behind us.

The fact that the stadium is paid off and rent is low may not bode well for a new stadium on the aggressive timetable that has been discussed. When the renovations are done, a new owner may opt to stay there for a while. Also, think about what selling naming rights to the stadium would do to the bottom line? If the team starts to improve ticket prices will rise and so will revenues. There is room to increase revenues.

Edited by SF Bills Fan

The fact that the stadium is paid off and rent is low may not bode well for a new stadium on the aggressive timetable that has been discussed. When the renovations are done, a new owner may opt to stay there for a while. Also, think about what selling naming rights to the stadium would do to the bottom line? If the team starts to improve ticket prices will rise and so will revenues. There is room to increase revenues.

While every 'little' bit helps and it will go to the bottom line (assuming that the team gets the revenue and not the state/county/local) naming rights (especially in WNY) won't make or break a team.

well written. as much as it would be fun to have a new downtown stadium, i can understand a new owner for financial reasons finishing renovations, as well as possibly enhance them over the years. i want my new owner to receive a nice profit so he feels he is better off in Buffalo than another city in 2023.

Someone who doesn't conduct his business through the media perhaps? :rolleyes:

That link from Beerball is interesting. Basically the Bills are #20 in the NFL for revenue. I'd love to know who's behind us.

That can only be a good sign. Says a lot about this fanbase when you consider 1) market size and 2) the team's recent performance.

That can only be a good sign. Says a lot about this fanbase when you consider 1) market size and 2) the team's recent performance.

It also says a LOT about TBD's favorite whipping boy Russ Brandon. As a defender of Russ, it is pretty unbelievable that that team, playing in that market manages to be there. There is a reason that he is so respected around the league.

well written. as much as it would be fun to have a new downtown stadium, i can understand a new owner for financial reasons finishing renovations, as well as possibly enhance them over the years. i want my new owner to receive a nice profit so he feels he is better off in Buffalo than another city in 2023.

Exactly. You have to think Pegula (I'll use him as I think we all agree he is the best case scenario owner) is looking at the books thinking "why build a new stadium when we have a perfectly good one that is recently renovated that will get me the biggest return on investment?" The low stadium operating costs might be the deal maker that really encourages soemone like Pegula or even an out of towner to take the plunge and buy the team to keep there for the long haul. From a practical standpoint, OP will make sense for a while. Now if the state, NFL and a private developer (Congel, Millstein, Jacobs) want to all chip is for a new stadium that will increase revenue with boxes, fancy concessions without a huge hike in rent etc. then the the new owner would be silly not to make the jump.