Bills officially for sale - let the bidding begin!

Whether Jaws is right about JBJ or not, JBJ is stained with the relationship he chose to create with the Toronto guys and will NEVER be viewed by WNY fans or the trust as a serious Buffalo guy --- so, if trust has any obligation to favor WNY bidders, JBJ will not be in that group. As for revealing the process, I remain at a loss as to why not. I get the Code Monkey question, why should they ? But, these folks must realize the incredible consternation amongst Bills fans and to ease our collective pain would be enough reason, ESPECIALLY if there is NO BENEFIT to them to keep it secret -- again, I raise this in response to the Massare tweets saying that the trust has informed bidders to have Buffalo plan in place.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

as i've said before, any kind of clause that the team will go to someone who will keep the team in Buffalo is bs. Bon Jovi group can talk a big game and say they will keep the team in Buffalo just to get them to sell to his group and as soon as NY state doesn't agree to fork over the majority of the money to build a state of the art $1 billion dome stadium (which is all but a certainty), they will take off to Toronto. our only hope is Pegula and some kind of full renovation of the Ralph much like what was done in Chicago.

don't trust JON BON JOVI. the guy is a traitor to this country and they will bolt for Toronto first chance they get

I will just put the Jaws interview this way: A stuck pig squeals loudly. The tone and defensive nature is a dead give-away of somone not being forthcoming and/or truthful. Howard could have made it much more uncomfortable for him, but he didn't press that much.

Don't trust Jaws. Ohh, maybe a little, because he said "Go Bills" to redeem hiself at the end of the interview.

What I heard is that the team has been sold to Pegs and they're just dotting the T's and crossing the I's. We'll see if that proves to be true.

Do you have inside sources, or are you just hearing rumors?

Whether Jaws is right about JBJ or not, JBJ is stained with the relationship he chose to create with the Toronto guys and will NEVER be viewed by WNY fans or the trust as a serious Buffalo guy --- so, if trust has any obligation to favor WNY bidders, JBJ will not be in that group. As for revealing the process, I remain at a loss as to why not. I get the Code Monkey question, why should they ? But, these folks must realize the incredible consternation amongst Bills fans and to ease our collective pain would be enough reason, ESPECIALLY if there is NO BENEFIT to them to keep it secret -- again, I raise this in response to the Massare tweets saying that the trust has informed bidders to have Buffalo plan in place.

Not even close to enough in my opinion. This is a billion dollar acquisition we are talking about here. Right now any and all serious bidders as well as the trustees have a lot of things to consider, not to mention there is an NDA in place. If I were involved in this process, relieving the angst of Bills fans probably wouldn't crack my top 100 things to worry about. Because in the grand scheme of things, it just doesn't matter.

Edited by CodeMonkey

Not even close to enough in my opinion. This is a billion dollar acquisition we are talking about here. Right now any and all serious bidders as well as the trustees have a lot of things to consider, not to mention there is an NDA in place. If I were involved in this process, relieving the angst of Bills fans probably wouldn't crack my top 100 things to worry about. Because in the grand scheme of things, it just doesn't matter.

Non disclosure agreement. Serious legal document. This is not an open process. This is a closed, competitive bidding process. We will find out who the winner is when everyone else does. Fans are a serious component to all this, the bidders know that, but these properties only come along in an supposedly competitive bidding process once in a lifetime so this is serious big money business. The press and the fans will get involved between the time the winner is announced and when it goes to the owners for approval. There will be all kinds of press and noise during that time period.

If there was indeed a provision in the trust or a requirement like Massare tweeted and I was Mary Wilson, I would absolutely come out publicly and say it -- if your telling the bidders they need plans to keep team in Buffalo, why not say same to the community --- I'll put it this way, based on my logic, I do not believe there is any provision as mentioned by Massare, because if there was such a thing, it would have been made public by the trustees because there is absolutely no reason to not make it public.

If there was indeed a provision in the trust or a requirement like Massare tweeted and I was Mary Wilson, I would absolutely come out publicly and say it -- if your telling the bidders they need plans to keep team in Buffalo, why not say same to the community --- I'll put it this way, based on my logic, I do not believe there is any provision as mentioned by Massare, because if there was such a thing, it would have been made public by the trustees because there is absolutely no reason to not make it public.

There is a reason: to drive up the bid as much as possible--- which is totally fair. If 10 groups bid and 5 want to move the team, the 5 local bidders won't know it thanks to the non-disclosure agreement. It could be the difference between $900,000 and $1.3B.

There is a reason: to drive up the bid as much as possible--- which is totally fair. If 10 groups bid and 5 want to move the team, the 5 local bidders won't know it thanks to the non-disclosure agreement. It could be the difference between $900,000 and $1.3B.

there is a huge difference between the trust and those who signed the NDA knowing it and simply the trust knowing it.

So that is what matters, the way it sounded as far as what are considered serious bids makes it sound like the people that are bidding are already aware.

So I guess that becomes the question, who knows these terms if true.

There are lots of reasons to not make it public, just because you don't like them or think there is, doesn't mean there aren't reasons.

How about, getting the best price possible. Making that sort of statement public drives away potential bidders, even ones who would knowingly keep the team in Buffalo and lowers the price.

If you were a local billionaire would the though of them possibly leaving drive you to give your best bid and do what you can as opposed to knowing for sure they won't be leaving because it's in the trust.

There are lots of reasons to not make it public, just because you don't like them or think there is, doesn't mean there aren't reasons.

How about, getting the best price possible. Making that sort of statement public drives away potential bidders, even ones who would knowingly keep the team in Buffalo and lowers the price.

If you were a local billionaire would the though of them possibly leaving drive you to give your best bid and do what you can as opposed to knowing for sure they won't be leaving because it's in the trust.

What I'm saying is this --- if you've told the bidders you have to keep team in Buffalo (which is what Massare claims in his tweets) how do you lower potential bids by saying the exact thing to the public ? --- in other words, I secretly tell all bidders they have to have plan for team in Buffalo in their bids, and if I say that to the public, the bidders will lower the bids ?? -- it doesn't jive.

What does jive, is this, it's secret because there is no provision as indicated by Massare.

What I'm saying is this --- if you've told the bidders you have to keep team in Buffalo (which is what Massare claims in his tweets) how do you lower potential bids by saying the exact thing to the public ? --- in other words, I secretly tell all bidders they have to have plan for team in Buffalo in their bids, and if I say that to the public, the bidders will lower the bids ?? -- it doesn't jive.

What does jive, is this, it's secret because there is no provision as indicated by Massare.

I don't think you are following...

Let me try to explain again. Ralph Wilson dies. A month later, the trust is formed. They come out publicly and say that as part of the trust the sale of the Bills has a condition that the Bills must stay in Buffalo. In this fake scenario, not only does that scare away guys looking to move the team it also says to local guys looking to bid "Well looks like I don't need to save this franchise." So it lowers the amount of local bidders who now think they don't need to do anything, because the team is going no where.

As opposed to not telling anyone, which drives up interest, especially from local guys. Then they find out the terms of the sale but have signed a ND and can't tell anyone. Still drives people through the door to look, if you know what I mean.

Do you have inside sources, or are you just hearing rumors?

The source was part of an ownership group with Jim Kelly and knows him personally. They allegedly had a deal to purchase the Bills several years ago, but Ralph backed out. The group is no longer together/won't be bidding on the team, which is unfortunate because I was hoping to get inside info in the future and think this may be my last. The source stated Pegs as owner matter-of-factly, but I reserve the right to trust but wait for verification.

But admittedly, it's not a difficult prediction to make. Pegs has the money, owns another pro franchise, is an upstanding citizen, and wants to keep the team in Buffalo.

But admittedly, it's not a difficult prediction to make. Pegs has the money, owns another pro franchise, is an upstanding citizen, and wants to keep the team in Buffalo.

Yeah you would think if the trustees had any wiggle room at all regarding which offer to take, Pegula would be at the top of their list.

Yeah you would think if the trustees had any wiggle room at all regarding which offer to take, Pegula would be at the top of their list.

From what I've heard (not from my source), the trust is only considering those who will keep the team in Buffalo. Which is probably why Bon JonBovi is trying to tell people he won't move the team.

From what I've heard (not from my source), the trust is only considering those who will keep the team in Buffalo. Which is probably why Bon JonBovi is trying to tell people he won't move the team.

and he's full of BS because he can't afford the team himself. his loot is coming from his partners in Toronto and do you think they want to invest all of that money for the team to stay in Buffalo? i hope they see through this charade because it's pretty obvious what is happening here

I don't think you are following...

Let me try to explain again. Ralph Wilson dies. A month later, the trust is formed. They come out publicly and say that as part of the trust the sale of the Bills has a condition that the Bills must stay in Buffalo. In this fake scenario, not only does that scare away guys looking to move the team it also says to local guys looking to bid "Well looks like I don't need to save this franchise." So it lowers the amount of local bidders who now think they don't need to do anything, because the team is going no where.

As opposed to not telling anyone, which drives up interest, especially from local guys. Then they find out the terms of the sale but have signed a ND and can't tell anyone. Still drives people through the door to look, if you know what I mean.

I'm following and agree with 100% of what you wrote. My posts in this thread are a reaction to the Massare tweets, that said he was told by someone close to the trust that the bidders were instructed as part of their bids to have a long term plan to keep team in Buffalo. So, Massare is saying that the trust is telling bidders to have a long term plan to keep team in Buffalo. What I'm saying, is, if that is true, they can tell the public, because it would cause no harm.

So he's been reliable?

He really has. He is difficult to take seriously sometimes but if he tweets about it and says it is from his source, it ultimately gets verified. He usually gets injured patting himself on the back afterward though and its pretty obnoxious.

He really has. He is difficult to take seriously sometimes but if he tweets about it and says it is from his source, it ultimately gets verified. He usually gets injured patting himself on the back afterward though and its pretty obnoxious.

I'll take the self-congratulatory stuff if this is true!