Jags release DE Jason Babin

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Git r dun buddy?

He is a 4-3 fit

I won't hate it but he's declining big time. He's only had 2 good years and isn't great against the run. That said, you can never have enough pass rushers and he had 18 sacks in the wide 9. As a GM, I believe you should check out every player.

@MikeGarafolo

Jason Babin release a bit of a head scratcher. Basically got $500k for an offseason. By many accounts, he was fitting in well/ working hard.

Two teams I know have been testing the waters on veteran pass rushers that might be avail via trade are TB and ATL. Watch them for Babin.

Edited by 26CornerBlitz

I won't hate it but he's declining big time. He's only had 2 good years and isn't great against the run. That said, you can never have enough pass rushers and he had 18 sacks in the wide 9. As a GM, I believe you should check out every player.

I'm sure every team is checking him out and sure Whaley is aware. Interesting to see if he's brought in.

essentially, at the right price he could be a good fit if schwartz is running his standard base D that he has in the past.

if schwartz is changing things up, or babin thinks hes better than he is then he might make no sense.

Git r dun buddy?

He is a 4-3 fit

Let's rush out and sign him, and on top of that let's give him more money than any team would. After all, he's only 34 this season and made the Pro Bowl three years ago last and twive overall in a 10-year career.

What can go wrong. I'm sure he's just as young and spry as he was in his prime.

Something is off about this guy as two teams have now given up on him in last couple years

You negative ninny.

:flirt:

Edited by TaskersGhost

Yep, they already know whether they need/want every player and the pro scouts have a book on each. If they do want him they'll bring him in if the price is right.

Wouldn't be a bad idea to give him a look.

Schwartz seemed to bring out his best in TN.

Edit: My bad, I didn't realize how much Babin has moved around. He was only in TN for one season, 2010 - JS left after the '08 season.

Edited by YoloinOhio

Babin was pursued by the Bills when he chose the Jags.

If I remember correctly he didn't choose the jags, he had to go there on waiver claim. The bills were one of the teams to put a claim in on him but jags had higher priority

Were Babin and Mario ever teammates with the Texans?

Interesting - says he was there 2004-2006 so he would have been there Mario's rookie season, but looks like his role was much more limited after Mario was drafted. Edited by YoloinOhio

Why would we pick up a released player from the worst team in the NFL? :wallbash:

Why would the Jags not keep him as a second stringer if he was on the downside of his career? Depth?

Being release this late means something.... it means he just is not cutting it on the worst team in the league.

Edited by Iraq Vet

Why would we pick up a released player from the worst team in the NFL? :wallbash:

Why would the Jags not keep him as a second stringer if he was on the downside of his career? Depth?

Being release this late means something.... it means he just is not cutting it on the worst team in the league.

Players that can still play effectively are released all the time. Is that the case with Babin? I don't know. But to say that a player being released automatically means he can't play anymore is bogus.

Brandon flowers was released last week. He made the pro bowl last year.

Players that can still play effectively are released all the time. Is that the case with Babin? I don't know. But to say that a player being released automatically means he can't play anymore is bogus.

Brandon flowers was released last week. He made the pro bowl last year.

I agree with you... however why would the Jags release him? They stink.. if they were the Seahawks I could see. Even as situational player you don't release a guy when you stink and a player can play.