Bills on the Bubble

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bryce Brown is what, 23/24 ears old? He's got a lot of years ahead of him.

He's the insurance policy if Spiller splits.

Agree with both you and Jumbalya . Bills did an excellent job getting these two RBs . Both Spiller and Jackson are covered , in a non threatening way .

Let Fred retire a Bill and let CJ prove his worth this year.

I also think Urbik should be the one kept on to BU guard and Center . He is better then he played last year . Not alot but better .

Unless Marrone is fixated on size.

Doug Legursky is gone before Craig .

Hey question . Will Bills get any trade offers before the cut downs ? Or do teams always just wait to players are FAs.

Example CJ Spiller.

Example Craig Urbik .

Two different situations.

Spiller will make the team for sure and Urbik may or may not. Will any team make an offer this time of year up to and including Training camp ?

Thanks in advance

Edited by 3rdand12

Hogan (40% chance he makes the team)

Pears (30% chance he makes the team)

Hopkins (50% chance he makes the team)

Moorman (40% chance he makes the team)

Graham (40% chance he makes the team)

Summers (30% chance he makes the team)

Lee Smith (15% chance he makes the team)

Moorman, Hogan and Graham @ 40% Likely, they are kept in that order, or cut if you want to think that way. Moorman, IMO should and may retire before the season starts.

Summers less of a chance then those three? Hmm... not exactly sure on that.

Lee Smith seems to have something that impresses this coaching staff. A good in line blocker might have a special light in a head coach that played OL.

Hopkins as a #3? Hmmph.

Pears, if he is healthy, could be nice to have.

Mike Williams has been injured. He will be good to go by training camp. The team is just being careful with him. He's not going to be cut.

Legursky is on the bubble because Urbik can be the backup OC. Urbik makes the team as the starting RG or backup OC.

No way does Searcy get cut. That's just a ridiculous notion.

TJ Graham is on the bubble because the team has a lot of talent at WR . Watkins/Williams/Woods/Goodwin are locks. Graham/Hogan/Elliott/Easley/Bardin will fight for the last two spots. One of those guys will have to be a very good ST player, which means that Easley or Elliott (both excellent ST players) have the inside track for one of those last two spots.

Graham and Hogan are probably the best two WRs of the five mentioned.

Dixon is a lock fr ST alone.

Caussin is camp fodder.

J. Smith is a virtual lock because they need a blocking TE. He can also long snap. Chandler and Moeaki are locks at this point. Gragg is the guy on the bubble because the team won't likely take four TEs.

Our LB locks are Spikes, Alonso, Rivers, Brown, and Bradham. Bradham has received high praise.

Lawson is a lock as a DE. He can also play LB.

Brooks is no lock, but he's too good for the Bills to cut given what they currently have. Gilmore, McKelvin, Graham, and Robey are locks. Cockrell makes it most likely, based upon his great athletic ability and intelligence. Brooks would be CB #6 and would be especially important to keep if Graham is moved to one of the starting safety positions, which is a very real possibility.

Meeks, Ladler, Pollard are bubble players, but two of the three may be kept just because there is not a lot of depth at LB and safety.

Carpenter is a lock based upon what he did last year. Hopkins is a very good kicker and is very young. Since the Bills spent a R6 pick on him they will give him a very long, hard look. Thus, the Bills could take two kickers and use Hopkins on kickoffs. If Hopkins could out punt old man Moorman he could solidify a spot for himself.

I like some of the things you say. But, the term LOCK is used a little too frequently. By the sound of your statements in whole why would the Bills even have training camp. Lock should be a 100%. And, using the example you don't know Lee Smith's name how can he be a lock. I don't think he will make the team as a blocking TE.

Keep Urbik and Hairston, let Legursky walk.

Strongly agree. I think Urbik will backup at C and G. Hairston could backup at T and G or make the team as a starting G.

Don't see why it would be a good idea to cut Urbik unless he is the worst football player on the roster. He is a low cap hit veteran who has at least average play and can play C/G, even if Richardson/Hairston pans out why cut him? Good depth is hard to find in the NFL and Urbik is good insurance for the interior.

LT-Glenn/Kouandjio

LG-Williams/Urbik/Richardson

C-Wood/Urbik

RG-Hairston/Urbik/Richardson

RT-Kouandjio/Hairston/Henderson

Looks solid with a extra roster spot for Henderson.

I'm on the fence with Easley considering the focus on improving special teams, he might be the final cut.

L.Smith is also a fence guy, wonder if maybe they've thought about Henderson being the extra blocker, it's not like Lee has ever scared as a receiver.

Ron Brooks is a cut imo, time for someone else with a better chance of developing to take over that role.

Bradham stays, still too much upside especially considering LB depth is still a tad questionable.

And Ladler takes Meeks spot, think he really shines in TC.

Dark horse to take a spot is Robinson at CB.

I like everything you say here.

Great to have too many WR's, OL men , RB's , 4 QB's healthy that know the playbook, more coaches. Should be the most interesting preseason in many years.

This ... It finally feels like there will be competition in camp...

I am trying to be realistic. I wish there was a 0% chance that they kept him but they seem to like him. I would rather Elliott, Graham or use the roster spot at another position. I have a feeling that his "fighting underdog spirit" will leave him in consideration.

well, seems like Hogan was a highlight every day of OTA's . . . I bet he's there in the end.