Bills on the Bubble

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mike Williams has been injured. He will be good to go by training camp. The team is just being careful with him. He's not going to be cut.

Legursky is on the bubble because Urbik can be the backup OC. Urbik makes the team as the starting RG or backup OC.

No way does Searcy get cut. That's just a ridiculous notion.

TJ Graham is on the bubble because the team has a lot of talent at WR . Watkins/Williams/Woods/Goodwin are locks. Graham/Hogan/Elliott/Easley/Bardin will fight for the last two spots. One of those guys will have to be a very good ST player, which means that Easley or Elliott (both excellent ST players) have the inside track for one of those last two spots.

Graham and Hogan are probably the best two WRs of the five mentioned.

Dixon is a lock fr ST alone.

Caussin is camp fodder.

J. Smith is a virtual lock because they need a blocking TE. He can also long snap. Chandler and Moeaki are locks at this point. Gragg is the guy on the bubble because the team won't likely take four TEs.

Our LB locks are Spikes, Alonso, Rivers, Brown, and Bradham. Bradham has received high praise.

Lawson is a lock as a DE. He can also play LB.

Brooks is no lock, but he's too good for the Bills to cut given what they currently have. Gilmore, McKelvin, Graham, and Robey are locks. Cockrell makes it most likely, based upon his great athletic ability and intelligence. Brooks would be CB #6 and would be especially important to keep if Graham is moved to one of the starting safety positions, which is a very real possibility.

Meeks, Ladler, Pollard are bubble players, but two of the three may be kept just because there is not a lot of depth at LB and safety.

Carpenter is a lock based upon what he did last year. Hopkins is a very good kicker and is very young. Since the Bills spent a R6 pick on him they will give him a very long, hard look. Thus, the Bills could take two kickers and use Hopkins on kickoffs. If Hopkins could out punt old man Moorman he could solidify a spot for himself.

Vets on the bubble to me (I may be forgetting some):

Legursky (15% chance he makes the team)

Brooks (50% chance he makes the team)

Hogan (40% chance he makes the team)

Pears (30% chance he makes the team)

Hopkins (50% chance he makes the team)

Easley (70% chance he makes the team)

Bradham (70% chance he makes the team)

Lawson (80% chance he makes the team)

Hairston (75% chance he makes the team)

Moorman (40% chance he makes the team)

Graham (40% chance he makes the team)

Summers (30% chance he makes the team)

Lee Smith (15% chance he makes the team)

Gragg (70% chance he makes the team)

Rivers (90% chance he makes the team)

Dixon (90% chance he makes the team)

Urbik (75% chance he makes the team)

Moeaki (90% chance he makes the team)

I'd put Easley at about 90%, because even though there is pretty good competition for anywhere from 2nd to the 4th WR, there is almost no competition for Easley as our best special teams player, throwing in as a bonus that he can be called upon for to play his position with some merit when necessary.

I've done the math.We can keep 2 kickers.

We can keep 7 WRs but Graham is on the bubble due to his hip, I'll say Caleb Holley and/or Roberson is Practice Squad, and Barden is out.

At RB, Ahmad Dixon is a bubble player. Wingo's out especially with his hammy injuries.

Caussin's out at TE, Gragg's in as the most athletic TE we have. Smith is a tough out unless they want to keep one less OL.

Because of the needed RB, TE, and WR depth, OL needs to be crosstrained up the wazoo, and that's what we're seeing in minicamp. Legursky and MacPherson are out, Asper's on the bubble due to his versatility. Chris Williams will be kept but I don't see what they see in him. He was bad every other week last two years.

Bills can't keep all four of Corbin Bryant, Stefan Charles, Jarius Wynn, and Jaquies Smith. I'm putting Smith on the bubble, PS for Wynn and Igbinosun, and waiving Bryan Johnson.

At CB, we keep 6, with 6'1" Mario Butler on the bubble with Ron Brooks looking up at him, Brandon Smith on the PS (or out) and Darius Robinson out.

Brim and Broomfield are out in the backfield, I think it's Ladler on the 53 and Meeks on the buble due to his ankle.

Finally at QB. I think EJ, Lewis, and Tuel make it. I think Dixon can't be put on the PS, but I'll check.

Good analysis, Astro, but the unknown equalizer as always, will be who steps up and stands out on Special Teams especially when you get to the questions of whether to keep 5 or 6 WR who to keep as a backup RB etc.

I feel bad about Frank the tank.....I really like his play.

Bringing in Boobie and Bryce Brown is gonna make it tough

Yep that one kinda sucks to think about. I think they are going to keep Lee Smith so its either Frank or Boobie.

Ladler over Meeks

Bradham vs Ty Powell ?

Last CB spot is a tough call . Brooks is still fighting hard !

I want to remind everyone that I am the the lone fan of 7-11 and am hoping he makes it. Just get ready to RIdicule me. Dont nap on this folks. Great opportunity to lash out .

I dont think Easely make it if he cant play receiver and i heard nothing of him in OTA or mini .

The Bills went all out to support Crossman I think , for better or worse . But they have added alot of exp players that excell at ST . Really good work by Whaley to build a ST core . as they say .

The fun part of this thread is it should remind everyone we are more talented and have more depth than in year's past.

I'm not commenting on all of these bubble guys although several people made good comments. Just simply we should have if coached well a better team again this year than the last.

Go Bills!

The fun part of this thread is it should remind everyone we are more talented and have more depth than in year's past.

I'm not commenting on all of these bubble guys although several people made good comments. Just simply we should have if coached well a better team again this year than the last.

Go Bills!

YEP

J. Smith is a virtual lock because they need a blocking TE. He can also long snap.

Oh man. Does this mean Sanborn is on the bubble? I would be nervous about replacing a guy who has been perfect for a few years and occasionally makes a tackle on punt coverage.

Don't see why it would be a good idea to cut Urbik unless he is the worst football player on the roster. He is a low cap hit veteran who has at least average play and can play C/G, even if Richardson/Hairston pans out why cut him? Good depth is hard to find in the NFL and Urbik is good insurance for the interior.

LT-Glenn/Kouandjio

LG-Williams/Urbik/Richardson

C-Wood/Urbik

RG-Hairston/Urbik/Richardson

RT-Kouandjio/Hairston/Henderson

Looks solid with a extra roster spot for Henderson.

I'm on the fence with Easley considering the focus on improving special teams, he might be the final cut.

L.Smith is also a fence guy, wonder if maybe they've thought about Henderson being the extra blocker, it's not like Lee has ever scared as a receiver.

Ron Brooks is a cut imo, time for someone else with a better chance of developing to take over that role.

Bradham stays, still too much upside especially considering LB depth is still a tad questionable.

And Ladler takes Meeks spot, think he really shines in TC.

Dark horse to take a spot is Robinson at CB.

I dont think Easely make it if he cant play receiver and i heard nothing of him in OTA or mini .

The Bills went all out to support Crossman I think , for better or worse . But they have added alot of exp players that excell at ST . Really good work by Whaley to build a ST core . as they say .

ST is why Easley is likely to make it over perhaps a better WR who shows more in camp as long as he shows competence with the WR position - unless the better WR shows special teams chops

I think Hairston is in for a battle to make the team, honestly. I'm not sure he's recovered fully from his injury. The fact that the team is playing him so much at guard indicates to me that they're not too confident in him making it at tackle. And ultimately, it's a long shot that he's a good guard candidate. He's never played the position before and he's always been more of a finesse player. I like the guy but it's going to be tough.

I could see Urbik as a goner if Hairston emerges as a guard....

I think they hang on to Urbik, he can play Center too, the youngsters are really going to have to impress the coaching staff and show that they can play week one to let him go. Wood has gotten his fair share of injuries, just doesn't seem smart to let a vet like this go. Pears will be the one former oline starter to go

ST is why Easley is likely to make it over perhaps a better WR who shows more in camp as long as he shows competence with the WR position - unless the better WR shows special teams chops

I admittedly dont know what type of players would be vying for Easley's position. But wouldn't a corner also be the body type ? Say Graham or Cockrell ?

sorry for the naivete

The Bills are looking at next year for running back.

Dixon is a poor man's FJax.

Brown is a poor man' Spiller.

They both stay this year. One or both make next year if we can't or won't sign CJ and/or Freddie.

Bryce Brown is what, 23/24 ears old? He's got a lot of years ahead of him.

He's the insurance policy if Spiller splits.