Bills on the Bubble

Which vets do you think are on the bubble to make the team? Rodak not allowed to play.

Ryan @RyanTalbotBills · 15h

#BillsMafia, which 4 veterans are at risk of being cut by the #Bills? Here's my list: http://billsmafia.com/2014/06/17/4-veterans-at-risk-of-being-cut-by-the-bills/ … via @TheBillsMafia

I do not agree with Lawson... Schwartz said that even though he is technically "moving" to DE his role will be very similar to last year.

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Vets on the bubble to me (I may be forgetting some):

Legursky (15% chance he makes the team)

Brooks (50% chance he makes the team)

Hogan (40% chance he makes the team)

Pears (30% chance he makes the team)

Hopkins (50% chance he makes the team)

Easley (70% chance he makes the team)

Bradham (70% chance he makes the team)

Lawson (80% chance he makes the team)

Hairston (75% chance he makes the team)

Moorman (40% chance he makes the team)

Graham (40% chance he makes the team)

Summers (30% chance he makes the team)

Lee Smith (15% chance he makes the team)

Gragg (70% chance he makes the team)

Rivers (90% chance he makes the team)

Dixon (90% chance he makes the team)

Urbik (75% chance he makes the team)

Moeaki (90% chance he makes the team)

Vets on the bubble to me (I may be forgetting some):

Legursky (15% chance he makes the team)

Brooks (50% chance he makes the team)

Hogan (40% chance he makes the team)

Pears (30% chance he makes the team)

Hopkins (50% chance he makes the team)

Easley (70% chance he makes the team)

Bradham (70% chance he makes the team)

Lawson (80% chance he makes the team)

Hairston (75% chance he makes the team)

Moorman (40% chance he makes the team)

Graham (40% chance he makes the team)

Summers (30% chance he makes the team)

Lee Smith (15% chance he makes the team)

Gragg (70% chance he makes the team)

Rivers (90% chance he makes the team)

Dixon (90% chance he makes the team)

Urbik (75% chance he makes the team)

Moeaki (90% chance he makes the team)

In a good mood today or did you mean .40%

In a good mood today or did you mean .40%

I am trying to be realistic. I wish there was a 0% chance that they kept him but they seem to like him. I would rather Elliott, Graham or use the roster spot at another position. I have a feeling that his "fighting underdog spirit" will leave him in consideration.

Ron Brooks. Despite the positive words about him in OTA's, he is definitely going to have to show that he belongs. Especially with the depth the CB position has.

Nigel Bradham. I get the feeling he stays, but there is plenty of competition for him.

Mike Caussin. This might be obvious, he's just outnumbered.

T.J. Graham. Odds are stacked against him. He needs to shine in a big way just to avoid the first cut.

Doug Legursky. Fighting for a back-up spot only, but that might not be enough.

Erik Pears. Age and salary cap savings are the big reasons here.

Da'Norris Searcy. I just get the feeling that this is one of the surprise cuts this year.

Lee Smith. See Mike Caussin.

Frank Summers. No room for FB's on the roster.

Kraig Urbik. A lot of players are getting a look at RG except him. Although I think he'll be relegated to a back-up instead of being cut.

I've done the math.We can keep 2 kickers.

We can keep 7 WRs but Graham is on the bubble due to his hip, I'll say Caleb Holley and/or Roberson is Practice Squad, and Barden is out.

At RB, Ahmad Dixon is a bubble player. Wingo's out especially with his hammy injuries.

Caussin's out at TE, Gragg's in as the most athletic TE we have. Smith is a tough out unless they want to keep one less OL.

Because of the needed RB, TE, and WR depth, OL needs to be crosstrained up the wazoo, and that's what we're seeing in minicamp. Legursky and MacPherson are out, Asper's on the bubble due to his versatility. Chris Williams will be kept but I don't see what they see in him. He was bad every other week last two years.

Bills can't keep all four of Corbin Bryant, Stefan Charles, Jarius Wynn, and Jaquies Smith. I'm putting Smith on the bubble, PS for Wynn and Igbinosun, and waiving Bryan Johnson.

At CB, we keep 6, with 6'1" Mario Butler on the bubble with Ron Brooks looking up at him, Brandon Smith on the PS (or out) and Darius Robinson out.

Brim and Broomfield are out in the backfield, I think it's Ladler on the 53 and Meeks on the buble due to his ankle.

Finally at QB. I think EJ, Lewis, and Tuel make it. I think Dixon can't be put on the PS, but I'll check.

Edited by Astrobot

I've done the math.We can keep 2 kickers.

We can keep 7 WRs but Graham is on the bubble due to his hip, I'll say Caleb Holley and/or Roberson is Practice Squad, and Barden is out.

At RB, Ahmad Dixon is a bubble player. Wingo's out especially with his hammy injuries.

Caussin's out at TE, Gragg's in as the most athletic TE we have. Smith is a tough out unless they want to keep one less OL.

Because of the needed RB, TE, and WR depth, OL needs to be crosstrained up the wazoo, and that's what we're seeing in minicamp. Legursky and MacPherson are out, Asper's on the bubble due to his versatility. Chris Williams will be kept but I don't see what they see in him. He was bad every other week last two years.

Bills can't keep all four of Corbin Bryant, Stefan Charles, Jarius Wynn, and Jaquies Smith. I'm putting Smith on the bubble, PS for Wynn and Igbinosun, and waiving Bryan Johnson.

At CB, we keep 6, with 6'1" Mario Butler on the bubble with Ron Brooks looking up at him, Brandon Smith on the PS (or out) and Darius Robinson out.

Brim and Broomfield are out in the backfield, I think it's Ladler on the 53 and Meeks on the buble due to his ankle.

Finally at QB. I think EJ, Lewis, and Tuel make it. I think Dixon can't be put on the PS, but I'll check.

Anthony Dixon? I think he is a lock to take over the FB/spot duty at RB because of his ST ability and Summers will be out. Everything else makes a lot of sense. Any specifics as to why you see Dixon as a bubble player?

Dixon was "the #3 guy" until Brown fell into their laps (they had been after Bryce Brown for a long while). That will be no contest. Brown was McCoy's backup until Chip Kelly came in and they got Sproles, Comes down to 3 RBs and a FB or else 4 RBs. I think FB is still the way to go to give the most trouble to the DC. Summers is also a ST guy, and Evan Rodriguez is still in the mix.

Dixon was "the #3 guy" until Brown fell into their laps (they had been after Bryce Brown for a long while). That will be no contest. Brown was McCoy's backup until Chip Kelly came in and they got Sproles, Comes down to 3 RBs and a FB or else 4 RBs. I think FB is still the way to go to give the most trouble to the DC. Summers is also a ST guy, and Evan Rodriguez is still in the mix.

Anthony Dixon is also a special teams guy and he can fill the FB role as well. I think he stays.

My understanding was Dixon wasn't brought into be the #3 guy, he was brought in to fill a role that was FB/RB depth/strong ST contributor. He is more versatile than Summers. The Bills were planning to draft a RB and when the ones they wanted were gone, they traded for Brown. No?

My understanding was Dixon wasn't brought into be the #3 guy, he was brought in to fill a role that was FB/RB depth/strong ST contributor. He is more versatile than Summers. The Bills were planning to draft a RB and when the ones they wanted were gone, they traded for Brown. No?

Sounds about right to me.

Anthony Dixon is also a special teams guy and he can fill the FB role as well. I think he stays.

Yeah no way they sign a guy as an FA and then cut him...makes no sense and would send a bad message to UFAs thinking of signing here