2014 Bills Mandatory Minicamp (June 17th - June 19th)

• Replies 237
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As someone who wanted to keep SJ, if we did, Goodwin would lose out on time. I really like the guy. He's a more complete Roscoe IMO. IF the Bills don't go deep to him once a game, it is bad game planning.

:censored: Crossman

@hsimon62

I've got my campaign for #Bills training camp. #nomorekneels Marquise Goodwin said they tell him to take knee on KO's 5yds deep or more

I hope he starts! I like how we plays ( in college)...I haven't seen much of him in the NFL.

I love DW as a SS prospect! Not sure if he or Searcy will win the starting job this year because he didn't see the filed last year but it will be a grat TC battle. He's a young guy who can also earn the job over Searcy due to the fact that Searcy is I believe in the last year of his contract so if it is close, that could be the deciding factor. I really like Searcy though. I think this defensive scheme plays to his strengths moreso than the previous 3 (!) he has been under here.

I really hope Duke Williams has made the jump. From what I saw, neither he nor Meeks looked at all ready to be on the field in a real game last year, though I think he did come in for a handful of plays.

I've heard a lot of people say he's competing for the starting job, but beyond stating the obvious (everyone is competing for playing time at their position), and maybe some encouraging rhetoric forf a young player, I don't see it at all.

With the number of DBs on each team, the average length of contracts, and the failure of some players to develop, you just have to keep feeding the DB "funnel" to line up new players.

I really hope Duke Williams has made the jump. From what I saw, neither he nor Meeks looked at all ready to be on the field in a real game last year, though I think he did come in for a handful of plays.

I've heard a lot of people say he's competing for the starting job, but beyond stating the obvious (everyone is competing for playing time at their position), and maybe some encouraging rhetoric forf a young player, I don't see it at all.

With the number of DBs on each team, the average length of contracts, and the failure of some players to develop, you just have to keep feeding the DB "funnel" to line up new players.

What did you see?

What did you see?

Unfortunately, this isn't my strong suit, remembering the specifics from a single viewing (especially a year after the fact). I remember him being slow to diagnose what was going on and not very strong. I didn't see any "flashes" from either of these rookies (Williams, Meeks).

I think a year of NFL training and the inevitable "slowing down of the game" will both help him. I just haven't seen any plays that show those yet. I'm eager to hear reports from training camp and see for myself in preseason.

I'm fine with being patient with young players. I just haven't seen him look like he was ready to be even a decent starting DB. That's why I'm surprised at the mentions of him as a starter. That's a big jump!

Unfortunately, this isn't my strong suit, remembering the specifics from a single viewing (especially a year after the fact). I remember him being slow to diagnose what was going on and not very strong. I didn't see any "flashes" from either of these rookies (Williams, Meeks).

I think a year of NFL training and the inevitable "slowing down of the game" will both help him. I just haven't seen any plays that show those yet. I'm eager to hear reports from training camp and see for myself in preseason.

I'm fine with being patient with young players. I just haven't seen him look like he was ready to be even a decent starting DB. That's why I'm surprised at the mentions of him as a starter. That's a big jump!

Weird. I actually remember seeing Meeks make some nice breaks on balls in preseason but he just couldn't make the catch. I was higher on Meeks during preseason last year than I was Duke.

Edited by KikoSeeBallKikoGetBall

He only played 33 defensive snaps all year in the reg season so not much to go on. I actually don't even remember him in there that many times. Meeks played 0 snaps and was on IR most of the year. They both were almost exclusively ST players last year. Are you thinking about their preseason action? I didn't watch that as closely. I am looking forward to seeing DW in TC, as well. Edited by YoloinOhio

Weird. I actually remember seeing Meeks make some nice breaks on balls in preseason but he just couldn't make the catch. I was higher on Meeks during preseason last year than I was Duke.

That sounds right. I know I was actually higher on Meeks than Duke, but can't remember what made me think that. And with all the media "buzz" about Duke stepping up, I haven't heard anything about Meeks.

That sounds right. I know I was actually higher on Meeks than Duke, but can't remember what made me think that. And with all the media "buzz" about Duke stepping up, I haven't heard anything about Meeks.

Probably because he missed so much time with the injury.

Yeah. Maybe it's because Meeks missed so much time and is more of a FS and Aaron has that locked down.

Edited by KikoSeeBallKikoGetBall

He only played 33 defensive snaps all year in the reg season so not much to go on. I actually don't even remember him in there that many times. Meeks played 0 snaps and was on IR most of the year. They both were almost exclusively ST players last year. Are you thinking about their preseason action? I didn't watch that as closely. I am looking forward to seeing DW in TC, as well.

Yes, almost all of my opinion was based on preseason. Since I really don't remember the details well, I print the roster and tally clearly good or bad plays by quarter, using different symbols to track if it was a pass or running play. I then use these to inform my final roster guesses.

Let me see if I can find my old sheets....

@buffalobills

JIM KELLY IS AT PRACTICE! #PrayersForJK

Jim Kelly addressing the team pic.twitter.com/IzNBbSPbfO

Jim Kelly: "This is a special team ... Let's start playing games in January" pic.twitter.com/wHTQjMpumA

Jim Kelly: "We like to talk about the playoffs. PLAYOFFS ON 3! 1 .. 2 .. 3 .. PLAYOFFS!" pic.twitter.com/BSRt1TSEId

Jim Kelly: "You ready for this?" @EJManuel3: "YES SIR!" pic.twitter.com/5D9LdaZSKl