2014 Bills Mandatory Minicamp (June 17th - June 19th)

REALLY??? SEE! this is why we have TJ Graham! Goodwin can't make It through a practice!

In the voluntary OTA's, according to Chris Brown, Graham got zero reps in 11 on 11s -- even when they were down WRs with Watkins being in LA for two practices. I never thought Graham would be cut this year, but if he's not seeing the field in voluntary OTAs then he's got a long fight ahead of him come training camp to even have a shot at making this roster.

Graham is a track star but can't track the ball worth a damn when it's in the air. That's his achilles' heel -- think about how limiting that is for someone who is supposed to be a homerun threat. If you can't adjust on a deep ball as a deep ball WR, then you have no place on the field. That's what Graham is facing.

• Replies 237
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Graham is a track star but can't track the ball worth a damn when it's in the air. That's his achilles' heel -- think about how limiting that is for someone who is supposed to be a homerun threat. If you can't adjust on a deep ball as a deep ball WR, then you have no place on the field. That's what Graham is facing.

Seemed like he tracked it and adjusted pretty nicely on that floater from EJ in the second Jets game.

Seemed like he tracked it and adjusted pretty nicely on that floater from EJ in the second Jets game.

He did. Sadly that was one of the few times he was able to do so. It wasn't just deep balls, even on come backs or slants he doesn't adjust to the ball well at all. When I'm bored tonight I'll go back through some of the all 22 and find some good examples.

Careful. Voicing concern about our QB will get you labeled as someone who is rooting for him to fail. Trust me I know this.

There's a difference between voicing a concern once or twice and the folks who cannot wait to tell everyone that EJ is doomed to failure--oh, but they hope they're wrong.

I'm not saying you're one or the other, because frankly my memory of your post(s) isn't good enough to recall; there is, however, a significant difference between the two types of attitudes.

Are u concerned for the dropped passes, fumbled snaps, or Manuel going 7/10 with an INT?

I counted 6/11 with 2 fumbles and an INT. That's a rough day especially when you are not hitting. I am hesitant to buy in on EJ. I don't hate him but I don't blindly support him either. I think that there is about a 35% chance that he is the franchise guy. I hope that he is. Edited by Kirby Jackson

I counted 6/11 with 2 fumbles and an INT. That's a rough day especially when you are not hitting.

Do you give the defense any credit? They are pretty darn good, you know. Something to consider before rushing to overreact to what is only the 10th practice of the season and the first with the whole defense back and playing.

Do you give the defense any credit? They are pretty darn good, you know. Something to consider before rushing to overreact to what is only the 10th practice of the season and the first with the whole defense back and playing.

The defense is good. I just try to objectively view the Bills (except for Hogan). My concerns with EJ are: injuries, accuracy, slow going through progressions and they had to shrink the playbook in December. In addition he had 3 games where he was an abomination (Jets, TB and Pitt). I like his demeanor, stature, and physical tools. Like I said I hope that he is the guy but I have reservations. Edited by Kirby Jackson

http://www.buffalobi...8d-cab458d61087..Chris Browns camp notes

Mike Rodak attributed that Broomfield INT to EJ Manuel?

I counted 6/11 with 2 fumbles and an INT. That's a rough day especially when you are not hitting. I am hesitant to buy in on EJ. I don't hate him but I don't blindly support him either. I think that there is about a 35% chance that he is the franchise guy. I hope that he is.

Chris Brown attributed the INT to Jeff Tuel. Check Chris Brown's notes. With 2 dropped catches.

Edited by the skycap

The defense is good.

The defense is better than good in my opinion. This year's defense has the chance to be special, it really does. A lot of QBs are going to struggle against them this year -- and playing them every day will only help EJ's progression.

Just trying to give you a different way to see his numbers without having to remind you what the great philosopher Allen Iverson once said about practice. :beer:

Just to be clear, I am not basing my assessment on this practice or even on this offseason. It is on the entire body of work as I have viewed it since his FSU days. I am by no means a hater but I am not going to be unrealistic either. At this point I think that the Bills have about the 26th best QB situation in the NFL (ahead of Houston, Tennessee, Jets, Jacksonville, Oakland, Tampa). I think that the rest of the team is really talented and he does have a chance to improve.

Edited by Kirby Jackson