Bills season ticket cards?

I just finished visiting with some friends from Seattle and they were telling me about the season ticket smart cards that they have for Sounders games. It sounded cool, so I found this article about it from a couple of years ago:

http://www.sportsbusinessdaily.com/Journal/Issues/2012/05/14/Facilities/Breaking-Ground.aspx

I think that it would be great if the Bills adopted something like this, especially the idea of season ticket holder lanes at the entrance gates. The Bills could also use the cards as a way of giving bonuses (food, merchandise, access to special events, etc) to give people more reasons to become season ticket holders. What do you think?

That is awesome. Colleges do similar things with ID cards where they can keep track of how many events a student goes to. Even podunk Brockport does it. And meal plans and money can be loaded onto it. It would be pretty convenient for fans, in my opinion. Not having to deal with cash at the concessions and just swiping your card would save so much time.

Edited by sodbuster

It's a pretty pod concept but can be challenging in season ticket share situations and it you do not use all of the tickets yourself. The way that it works though is that you can forward tickets to someone's drivers license. It is all done through the magnetic strip on the back of a license or credit card. There is actually a company out there now that does it on watches. You simply wear the team branded watch and the sensors at the gates read the RFID chip in there. The Tampa Bay Lightning did something similar with jerseys. The teams like it because it allows them to monitor and track spending habits. The analytics that teams use on that stuff would blow your mind.