RIP Casey Kasem

I will say, Casey Kasem was a big influence on me, growing up in the 1970's. His weekly Top 40 show was a "can't miss" for me nearly every Sunday. If I couldn't listen live, I would put my little box tape recorder next to a radio, and record it. I used to keep track of the countdown in a little black marble meade notebook... my soft spot for 70's pop music is still alive today, and whenever I hear an oldie from that time period, I can almost here the voice of Casey Kasem talking over the intro, or the fade out... or telling one of the maudlin stories mailed in from listener from Fayettville, Arkansas or somewhere else that seemed a million miles away... just one of those iconic voices from my childhood...like a Ted Darling or Rick Azar.. for the Top 40.

RIP Casey

If I couldn't listen live, I would put my little box tape recorder next to a radio, and record it.

LOL....that's how all my favorite songs were recorded. And it was a total bummer if someone walked into the room yakking and spoiled the recording.